Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2024, 09:20 AM

544 posts, read 716,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post
Do these students even know much about this issue that is approximately 10,000 miles away?

Do they donate money to their cause?

Read lots of books about it?

Young and dumb.

I don't care if they are at Columbia.

Young dumb malcontents. Ignorant.
What's there to "research"? The numbers speak for themselves, 30k+ dead, most women and children in response to 1500 Israelis killed. I've tried hard to understand the reasoning for the heavy-handed response and it seems to boil down to this being Israel's version of dropping the atomic bombs in Japan. Except Palestine is not an isolationist regime with goals of total world domination like Japan was. Also unlike Japan, Palestinians enjoy worldwide support from not just Muslims countries. There is a huge diaspora in the US and the ones I know are polite and well educated etc. A far cry from blood thirsty animals Israel makes them out to be...

Last edited by koctail; 05-02-2024 at 09:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2024, 09:48 AM

10,785 posts, read 5,706,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by koctail View Post
What's there to "research"? The numbers speak for themselves, 30k+ dead, most women and children in response to 1500 Israelis killed. I've tried hard to understand the reasoning for the heavy-handed response and it seems to boil down to this being Israel's version of dropping the atomic bombs in Japan. Except Palestine is not an isolationist regime with goals of total world domination like Japan was. Also unlike Japan, Palestinians enjoy worldwide support from all over the world ( not just Muslims ). There is a huge diaspora in the US and the ones I know are polite and well educated etc. A far cry from blood thirsty animals Israel makes them out to be...
How many times would you be willing to be punched in the face before you take a baseball bat to your attackers head? Israel has shown incredible restraint, but it’s time for them to take the kid gloves off and really go to work. Israel needs to keep going until the PA, Hamas, and all of their supporters are no longer able to wage war against them.

Zero tolerance of terrorist organizations and their supporters needs to be the order of the day. Not just in Israel, but in the entirety of the civilized world.

Old 05-02-2024, 09:49 AM

21,984 posts, read 13,030,638 times
Quote:
I've tried hard to understand the reasoning for the heavy-handed response and it seems to boil down to this being Israel's version of dropping the atomic bombs in Japan.
You've accidentally stumbled upon your own answer. Yes; it is to end it once and for all to prevent even greater future bloodshed. And it worked -- at least in WWII, but then they weren't hamstringed.

What would have been the result if they had been?

And you can thank Hamas for hiding among schools and hospitals, increasing the number of civilian casualties which, after all, are an inevitable part of any war, including the war HAMAS started.

Last edited by otterhere; 05-02-2024 at 10:21 AM..

Old 05-02-2024, 10:01 AM

3,330 posts, read 1,826,428 times
Quote:
What's there to "research"? The numbers speak for themselves, 30k+ dead, most women and children in response to 1500 Israelis killed. I've tried hard to understand the reasoning for the heavy-handed response and it seems to boil down to this being Israel's version of dropping the atomic bombs in Japan. Except Palestine is not an isolationist regime with goals of total world domination like Japan was. Also unlike Japan, Palestinians enjoy worldwide support from not just Muslims countries. There is a huge diaspora in the US and the ones I know are polite and well educated etc. A far cry from blood thirsty animals Israel makes them out to be...
Do you not agree that half of the casualties are HAMAS SOLDIERS or SUPPORTERS?
And the other half are their shields?

This war will end when Israel's enemy is dismantled which will likely require an assault on Rafah where the remaining 9 or 10 battalions, reinforced by troops from units decimated in N Gaza, are entrenched.

The horrible reality is that war causes death... lots of it.
Who knew?

Answer: Hamas. Because this response is exactly the outcome they desired. That American campuses are helping out is a great bonus.
(Unless they get trashed in Rafah, but hey.. you can't have it all!)

Last edited by PamelaIamela; 05-02-2024 at 10:29 AM..

Old 05-02-2024, 10:05 AM

6,486 posts, read 3,176,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
How many times would you be willing to be punched in the face before you take a baseball bat to your attackers head? Israel has shown incredible restraint, but it’s time for them to take the kid gloves off and really go to work. Israel needs to keep going until the PA, Hamas, and all of their supporters are no longer able to wage war against them.

Zero tolerance of terrorist organizations and their supporters needs to be the order of the day. Not just in Israel, but in the entirety of the civilized world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaIamela View Post
Do you not agree that half of the casualties are HAMAS SOLDIERS or SUPPORTERS?
And the other half are their shields?

This war will end when Israels enemy is dismantled which will likely require an assault on Rafah where the remaining 9 or 10 battalions, reinforced by troops from units decimated in N Gaza, are entrenched.

The horrible reality is that war causes death... lots of it.
Who knew?

Answer: Hamas. Because this response is exactly the outcome they desired. That American campuses are helping out is a great bonus.
(Unless they get trashed in Rafah, but hey.. you can't have it all!)
Those two posts sum up the situation quite nicely.

I am totally amazed at how many people overlook that Hamas "fired the first shot", THEREFORE, opening the door for Israel to retaliate.

Old 05-02-2024, 10:37 AM

Quote:

Except this is not taking a bat to the attacker's head. It is taking a bat to the entire community the attacker belongs to, including women and children..

To add insult to injury, these tactics has been tried many times before and have not resulted in any surrender..

Old 05-02-2024, 10:44 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,642 posts, read 81,351,757 times
The Vietnam War protesters of the 1960s-70s were by people who were subject to be drafted to risk life and limb in a war that had nothing to do with them. Still, it really did nothing toward actually ending the U.S. involvement there, with 58,220 U.S. service members eventually losing their lives. Protesting this war between two countries 6,000 miles away is going to do even less toward ending the conflict. I suppose a percentage actually care about it, and others just join in for the "fun" of the protests, but it really accomplishes nothing, but make the serious students and working people mad.

Old 05-02-2024, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Except this is not taking a bat to the attacker's head. It is taking a bat to the entire community the attacker belongs to, including women and children..

To add insult to injury, these tactics has been tried many times before and have not resulted in any surrender..
Note that I included “supporters” in my short list. Supporters and sympathizers are just as bad.

And no, the tactics haven’t been tried before. Eliminate the terrorists = no more terrorist activity.

Old 05-02-2024, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Note that I included “supporters” in my short list. Supporters and sympathizers are just as bad.

And no, the tactics haven’t been tried before. Eliminate the terrorists = no more terrorist activity.
Didn't 2000+ die in the 2014 war? And I see no signs that Hamas is close to surrenduring in the current war.

Most people with an ounce of humanity will hold fire if the "supporters" are women and children.

Old 05-02-2024, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Didn't 2000+ die in the 2014 war? And I see no signs that Hamas is close to surrenduring in the current war.

Most people with an ounce of humanity will hold fire if the "supporters" are women and children.
Um yeah, given that 2,000 didn't work, they're upping the ante a bit.

It's already been made clear that these "innocents" absolutely have the power to end the bloodshed in Gaza. But they don't want to. Fanaticism a powerful thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City