Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2024, 12:13 PM

18,492 posts, read 31,705,587 times

Advertisements

lets see what Hochul and Bragg have to say and do about this henus crime.

this was so disturbing to watch and listen to it truly made me sick.
Find the criminal and hang him out to dry.

we need the death penalty back again, and we need to get rid of Bragg, he is useless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2024, 01:25 PM

294 posts, read 170,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
lets see what Hochul and Bragg have to say and do about this henus crime.

this was so disturbing to watch and listen to it truly made me sick.
Find the criminal and hang him out to dry.

we need the death penalty back again, and we need to get rid of Bragg, he is useless.

Bragg has less to do with this than Hochul.

Old 05-11-2024, 02:45 PM

6,697 posts, read 6,064,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Would a knife even have helped here?

With a belt around your throat, I don't think there would be any time to register what had even happenrd in order to deploy a knife and try to cut through a leather belt.

You would be so shocked at something closing around your throat, even if you felt the belt and had some presence of mind, you would have to get the knife out over your head and saw at that belt very quickly.

I don't think anybody could do it.

She seemed to pass out and go limp fairly quickly with the belt choking her out. I don't think a knife would do a bit of good in this situation -- a surprise attack choked and dragged.

Dear God, I hope this doesn't give other perps any ideas because this is a brutally effective means of defenselessly restraining somebody quickly without any risk at all. Having a gun wouldn't do you any good at all.
This here. You know a lot of perves will try the idea since it worked so well.
I’m going to DM Active Self Protection on YouTube to make a video on this!

Old 05-11-2024, 07:06 PM

31,988 posts, read 27,145,665 times
*Update*

https://nypost.com/2024/05/11/us-new...on-nyc-street/

Old 05-11-2024, 07:33 PM

3,347 posts, read 1,732,808 times
I'm glad the mother recognize her son and called for him to be arrested rather than protected.

Old 05-11-2024, 08:01 PM

30,357 posts, read 23,827,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Now that makes sense why she stopped cooperating

I wonder how many of you post on here are NYC natives, or at least somewhat familiar

Sorry to call you out bluedog but you are the only true "transplant" I know of who posts on here, and you have my respect, you are a New Yorker

Like I gotta say it

Stop letting the media turn you into a frenzy

Start thinking for yourselves

I don't know about you guys but if I feel like going for a walk outside at 3 AM around my way I'm going
Yes, 'think for yourselves', like immediately jumping to this:

Quote:
How do we know this wasn't staged?
Quote:
Did you read the article? Why did the victim stop cooperating with authorities? Why did she even start cooperating in the first place if she was gonna stop? I'm skeptical as hell with this one, sorry
My very first thought when I read that she had stopped cooperating was that she was either a prostitute, or perhaps something to do with drugs.

But to suggest that it might be staged is beyond ignorant. Yes, a female agrees to have someone choke her out to unconsciousness just to fool people that the Bronx is dangerous.

I don't give a rat's patookis where you live, if you're a female, you. don't. need. to be walking on streets at 3 AM.

(That is not a message to you, Seventh, it's to females who might buy into the idea that 'if I want to go for a walk at 3am, I'm going' - not a smart idea for females.)

Old 05-11-2024, 08:12 PM

31,988 posts, read 27,145,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
I'm glad the mother recognize her son and called for him to be arrested rather than protected.
It's a foolish mother that doesn't know her own children.

Yeah, some will defend their miscreant kids to the death. But that often speaks loudly to often inter-generational family dynamics. If several generations of "X" family have had certain tendencies and or proclivities judgment as to what's right or wrong often becomes warped.

Old 05-11-2024, 10:15 PM

18,492 posts, read 31,705,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

My very first thought when I read that she had stopped cooperating was that she was either a prostitute, or perhaps something to do with drugs.

But to suggest that it might be staged is beyond ignorant. Yes, a female agrees to have someone choke her out to unconsciousness just to fool people that the Bronx is dangerous.

I don't give a rat's patookis where you live, if you're a female, you. don't. need. to be walking on streets at 3 AM.

(That is not a message to you, Seventh, it's to females who might buy into the idea that 'if I want to go for a walk at 3am, I'm going' - not a smart idea for females.)

Thank You!!!!

and I felt that way about the central park jogger as well, especially back then in those years the park was really not safe, but she stlll chose to jog that night.......

Old Yesterday, 06:52 AM

34,169 posts, read 47,422,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

I'm not suggesting that it was staged. I asked the question because people's perception of crime is starting to become interesting to me. I'm starting to question why the news even reports it. The OP kind of mocked the situation stating crime is down for starters. So when the public reads about stuff like this, what is the intent?

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old Yesterday, 03:19 PM

11,889 posts, read 5,863,180 times
Could be because someone told her to keep her mouth shut or they'd be back to finish the job or they'll go after her family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: