Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2024, 03:32 PM

5,950 posts, read 3,061,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
https://www.nature.com/articles/s414...birds%2C%20and

"Same-sex sexual behaviour, that is, any attempted sexual activity between members of the same sex1,2,3,4, has been reported in over 1500 animal species, including all main groups from invertebrates such as insects, spiders, echinoderms, and nematodes, to vertebrates such as fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds, and mammals1,2,3. Same-sex sexual behaviour is particularly prevalent in nonhuman primates5,6, where it has been observed in at least 51 species from lemurs to apes7. This sexual behaviour is not limited to one sex or to the existence of artificial conditions, as it has been observed in males and females both in captivity and in wild conditions1,2,3,8. Same-sex sexual behaviour is also frequent in humans, existing throughout most of our history and in many societies and cultures."

What are these "defective genes"?

Please provide the source that confirms "gays which are a form of a sexual defect by all scientific and medical definition."
Sounds like science is being re written Wiki style.
Also, why is illegal to marry an animal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2024, 07:22 PM

30,445 posts, read 52,128,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Sounds like science is being re written Wiki style.
Nope. These are facts that have existed since long before Wikipedia... I'd be happy to dig up some studies/articles that were written 50+ years ago, if you don't believe us. And as a reference librarian, I have access to (and the knowledge on how to properly use) databases that are considered as legitimate as they come. Not whatever YouTube or qAnononsense you & your ilk would probably use as "resources."

Quote:
Also, why is illegal to marry an animal?
Because they cannot consent. Same (or at least similar) reason why you cannot marry a child, at least not in any developed nation.

Any more questions?

Last edited by gizmo980; 05-16-2024 at 08:16 PM..

Old 05-16-2024, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Voice of reason.
Haha what? If by "reason" you mean pseudoscience and homophobia, then I guess so.

Old 05-16-2024, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
I don't care how homosexuality is acquired, it is by scientific fact that it's an anomaly. The simple goal of life is to procreate that's down to bacteria life. Male and Female sexes are designed to procreate naturally. Homosexuals are a defect, sure we all accept that even heterosexuals can have defects that we also should prevent those with serious defects from procreating but that's less problematic than allowing gays who sexually defective to unnaturally procreate.
Having red hair is an anomaly; as a redhead with blue eyes, I'm literally the SMALLEST demographic of humans that exist. It is also an inherited trait, meaning I got it from my redheaded father + mother who carried the gene (her mother was a redhead). Being homosexual, on the other hand, is not inherited; it's inherent, which means that while you are likely born that way, it is simply a random anomaly that occurs. Otherwise, how do you explain that the VAST majority of homosexuals are the product of heterosexual relations? Hmmm.

So what's your point again? Oh, you don't have one. Because your whole argument here is that we shouldn't be encouraging the intentional creation of "defective" humans, but as I said, homosexuality isn't inherited. So you should care how it's acquired, as that crumbles the entire basis of your stupid and hateful argument.

Also, being homosexual or bisexual or whatever isn't a sexual "defect." It's a naturally occurring variation of sexuality, which is found in hundreds if not thousands of species. Long-existing studies have also proven that sexuality is a scale, where basically nobody is 100% on one side or the other. You aren't 100% straight, and neither am I. I'm just educated and open-minded enough to accept that fact, and to not be scared by any passing thoughts that don't fit within the heteronormative box.

Why is this thread still up, anyway? Mods; do your job (I already messaged you privately) or explain why you support this vitriol on a forum that supposedly doesn't condone it.

Last edited by gizmo980; 05-16-2024 at 08:12 PM..

Old 05-16-2024, 08:19 PM

5,795 posts, read 2,705,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Gays in many states and or parts of world are either outright excluded from adoption. Where it does happen it's usually via private arrangements.

That being said for many, many decades now there has been a shortage of highly sought after white infants. More so since birth control and abortion largely put an end to homes for "unwed mothers" and other sources of white infants. What children are out there in foster or adoption system (at least in USA) are often older and or minorities.

White gays like straights also tend to prefer children biologically related to themselves. This is why surrogacy has taken off both in USA and around world. Until Russia invaded Ukraine that country was a top destination for surrogacy. Russia still is as are some other countries. However only in US states were surrogacy is legal can gays avail themselves of service. Many other countries specifically either forbid gays or single men from surrogacy and or restrict service to legally married couples of opposite sex.
I don't care if You are straight/gay/bi whatever, my stance on surrogacy is I am against it and no insurance should cover it. You want to build a child much like build a bear then pay for it yourself.

Old 05-16-2024, 08:35 PM

32,121 posts, read 27,363,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
I don't care if You are straight/gay/bi whatever, my stance on surrogacy is I am against it and no insurance should cover it. You want to build a child much like build a bear then pay for it yourself.
Push to mandate insurance coverage for IVF in NYS came from a few groups and Cuomo caved. Il Duce in keeping with his push to make SSM legal in NYS also gave in making surrogacy legal in NYS. New laws also cover other procedures including sex-reassignment surgery, sickle cell anemia, bone marrow transplant, or surgery for endometriosis.

https://www.allianceforfertilitypres...n-2020-budget/

https://www.rmany.com/blog/fertility-coverage-mandate

https://www.timesunion.com/news/arti...o-13732391.php

Thus whether you know and or like it your tax dollars and your employer already is paying for all sorts of infertility and whatever procedures.

Old 05-16-2024, 11:06 PM

5,795 posts, read 2,705,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Push to mandate insurance coverage for IVF in NYS came from a few groups and Cuomo caved. Il Duce in keeping with his push to make SSM legal in NYS also gave in making surrogacy legal in NYS. New laws also cover other procedures including sex-reassignment surgery, sickle cell anemia, bone marrow transplant, or surgery for endometriosis.

https://www.allianceforfertilitypres...n-2020-budget/

https://www.rmany.com/blog/fertility-coverage-mandate

https://www.timesunion.com/news/arti...o-13732391.php

Thus whether you know and or like it your tax dollars and your employer already is paying for all sorts of infertility and whatever procedures.
Why do you keep quoting me?

I'm not asking any question nor care for any of this information you are giving. I'm not in need of a lecture. I am giving my opinion on a subject matter.

Old 05-17-2024, 08:44 AM

6,263 posts, read 2,986,531 times
When you choose to engage in a lifestyle that makes it impossible to procreate with your partner, then it's your decision not to naturally procreate. Why is that anyone else's problem?

This is like choosing to get drunk every night and expecting the taxpayers to pay for a liver transplant.

(No, I'm not saying they "choose" to be gay. I'm saying they choose to act on being gay, just as heterosexual people can choose to act on their heterosexuality, and there are natural biological consequences of that, such as not being able to procreate with your partner.)

Old 05-17-2024, 09:43 AM

25,439 posts, read 37,289,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shet View Post
Well, then NYC might as well provide IVF benefits to single men too.
Absolutely!

Old 05-17-2024, 09:53 AM

25,439 posts, read 37,289,554 times
Believe me, it is only on the Hallmark Channel, and that gay men are clambering to have children, not in the real world.

Pay for medical services or don't, but do it legally and EQUALLY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City