Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2008, 09:20 PM

2 posts, read 3,661 times

Advertisements

Hello all- I am going to be moving into LIC in the fall (right near the LIE) and my boyfriend is fighting with me with the amount of time it will take him to drive from LIC to Port Washington, Long Island. He would be leaving in the morning between 7 and 8am and likely returning home around 5 or 6 at rush hour. I don't think the traffic will be bad since he's going opposite direction of most, but does anyone have any thoughts? Anyone know the average driving time for these hours?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 09:25 PM

1,915 posts, read 7,983,626 times
Ack, I always avoid the LIE in the morning, sometimes it can be okay, but going toward Long Island is still brutal, despite the fact that you would think most people are headed to Manhattan for work. I can't give you an exact time, but I'm guessing between 35 and 45 minutes with traffic, maybe more even. Not the best commute, simply because of driving on the LIE, but doable. I'd probably rather just take the LIRR, but that's me.

Old 06-12-2008, 06:32 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,060,729 times
I used to drive from Exit 19(QB)on the LIE to Exit 35(Manhasset/Shelter Rock rd). It took me about 30 minutes tops in the mornings,a little bit longer on the way back in the pm. There are alternate routes,northern state or even northern blvd-RT 25a. Once you get passed the Queens/Nassau border traffic moves better in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City