Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2017, 05:12 AM

99 posts, read 144,165 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF1a-Pe32uY

---------------------------------------------------------

Yes these are REAL cops. Another reason i hate NYPD.
They thought this would be a good way to patch up 'community relations'.
Pffffttt ! They try to be 'down' sooooooo bad its actually cringeworthy.
Im second-hand embarrassed for them.
Who actually thinks this was a good idea...like seriously?
They're not even ON BEAT and their skills are @ 6 year old level.

Anybody else think Officer Wanda is kinda cute? lol

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2017, 05:21 AM

11,445 posts, read 10,494,604 times
I hate your posts but I agree that was cringeworthy, couldn't make it past 10 seconds

Old 12-12-2017, 06:31 AM

14,058 posts, read 13,959,440 times
They lost their NYC cool card they now from Ohio

Old 12-12-2017, 10:29 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,619,429 times
I mean, Superbowl Shuffle. When has music like this EVER been good

Old 12-12-2017, 11:57 AM

99 posts, read 144,165 times
ROFL !!!

They DELETED THE VIDEO ! ! !
I bet somebody from this forum 'reported' it for 'EXCESSIVE CORNY-NESS In The 1st Degree'
Not to worry THE NEW YORK POST still has the video up on their site. Ahah check it out here...
https://nypost.com/2017/12/11/nypd-blasted-for-cringe-worthy-viral-music-video/

-------------------------------

It’s New York’s Finest as you’ve never seen them — and probably never should. The commanding officer of the Seventh Precinct on the Lower East Side and eight of his neighborhood coordination officers have recorded a cringe-worthy rap video about their jobs in a bid to relate to kids, sources told The Post.
“‘Cringy’ is being kind,’’ a police source said.
In the video, which hit social media Friday, the officers portray shady-looking characters standing in a suspect lineup.
One at time, they step forward to rap about their neighborhood patrol duties, rhyming over an apparent karaoke recreation of the instrumental to Drake’s “Energy.”
“I got energy, gotta lotta energy,” one officer begins, cribbing from the opening line to the Drake hit while wearing shades and a backward baseball cap. “Tryin’ to give the ’hood lots and lots of synergy.”
Commanding Officer Steven Hellman then enters the frame with his hoodie over his head.
“I’m the commander in chief, the 7 CO. Lettin’ ya’ll know how my NCOs flow,” he raps.

Another hip-hop cop admits that his poetic skills are lackluster.
“Eggdrop soups from Ming’s, if you need help, give our phones rings,” he says. “Who’s the hottest emcee? Haha, not me. I may spit the wackest rhymes, but I can help you solve crimes.”
The video ends with an officer encouraging people to “hit me up on Twitter” as the squad cheers.
The footage appeared to have been taken down after social-media users blasted the outreach effort.

The NCOs are part of the NYPD’s new Neighborhood Policing initiative, an effort to connect cops with the community. But several officers told The Post that the video was “embarrassing.’’

A retired NYPD cop added, “If this is the new Police Department, I’m glad I’m retired.”
Lower East Side teens agreed the clip won’t help cops gain kids’ trust.
“I see what they’re trying to do, and it’s not working. It’s ridiculous,” said Makayla Butler, 17, who lives in the Baruch Houses.
“It’s hard to watch, actually, because you see it’s coming from a good place. I just feel bad for them because I know they put a lot of work into it, but they have no idea what they’re doing.”

Dan Villanueva, 17, said the video might have been more effective 20 years ago.
“But our generation is a lot more jaded than our parents’ generation,” he said. “If you want us to take you seriously, you have to speak to us like we’re intelligent. White cops rapping in a super-corny way — that’s just not what we respond to.”
The NYPD did not respond to a request for comment

Last edited by iHateNYPD; 12-12-2017 at 12:12 PM..

Old 12-12-2017, 12:34 PM

881 posts, read 616,240 times
I still can't get over NYPD with tats, braids, cellphones, tight pants on the women and baggy on the men, etc.

The rap video is just the logical development of such trends. Poor execution perhaps (it all looks idiotic to me) but definitely a harbinger of more to come....

Old 12-12-2017, 04:09 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,322,752 times
Best lyricists to come out of NYC since Jeru the Damaja. Since then rap has been corny. Hopefully this will make it cool again.

Old 12-12-2017, 05:42 PM

3,402 posts, read 3,579,547 times
I think Police Department took it down. That's the right thing to do. I'm glad they took down the video. Didn't get a chance to see the video, and didn't want to anyway.

Old 12-12-2017, 05:42 PM

2,188 posts, read 1,384,538 times
The white girl rapped better than all of them :

Old 12-14-2017, 09:35 PM

1,015 posts, read 1,198,264 times
Lol found it here it is... wow the pigs just keep out doing themselves.. this is a new low

*mic check*

"My name is Patrolman Brad, and I'm a Pig, I like to eat donuts and shoot little kids
I'm the white cop that chases you through the projects, and if you don't stop, I beat you to a carcas!"

https://youtu.be/rO1Q-mtpsO0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: