Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2008, 11:55 AM

517 posts, read 2,484,655 times

Advertisements

How would you describe the area of Queens Village? How is the commute to NYC via LIRR? Are there particular areas of QV that are more desirable?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 05:44 PM

655 posts, read 1,991,792 times
the best part of queens village to live would be near van buren high school on hillside avenue and 230th. it's quiet and right near the Q46 bus on Union, the QM1A express bus of the Q43 on Hillside.

There's also a nice apartment complex on Stronghurst Avenue, the name escapes me but I used to hang out there when I had friends from high school who lived there.

The LIRR stop is located at Springfield and just south of Jamaica Avenue. I'm fairly certain but not completely that the area south of the train tracks is not the greatest.

Old 09-01-2008, 06:01 PM

536 posts, read 2,348,582 times
^^ It's not horrible south of the tracks ("shadyville"?), but it looks it to a lot of people because it's sandwiched between the nicer part of QV to the north and Cambria Heights to the south.

The "Hollis Hills" area, between Union and the GCP, is probably the nicest part though. It's considered QV/Hollis because it's south of Union Turnpike which is the divide between 113 and 114 area codes, but it's practically the southernmost extension of Bayside since it's separated by the parkway from the rest of QV and Hollis.

Old 09-01-2008, 06:22 PM

655 posts, read 1,991,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysocks View Post
^^ It's not horrible south of the tracks ("shadyville"?), but it looks it to a lot of people because it's sandwiched between the nicer part of QV to the north and Cambria Heights to the south.

The "Hollis Hills" area, between Union and the GCP, is probably the nicest part though. It's considered QV/Hollis because it's south of Union Turnpike which is the divide between 113 and 114 area codes, but it's practically the southernmost extension of Bayside since it's separated by the parkway from the rest of QV and Hollis.
That's why I said I wasn't completely sure of it either way. I haven't been around there since I went to Van Buren in the mid-1990s.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:30 PM

656 posts, read 1,419,849 times
Default Queens Village

Queens Village like any other neighboorhood has its good and bad parts. West of 212 street and hillside avenue and north of jamaica ave is the better area.

I suggest you live within 1-2 blocks of the bus stop or if you can afford to north of hillside ave in hollis hills (not to be confused with hollis which is around francis lewis blvd).

Hollis hills however is a more expensive area consisting of single family homes with large lots in particular.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City