Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 02:26 PM

12 posts, read 23,299 times

Advertisements

Hi
me and a 7 mates are comming to new york mid jan for a fun weekend,

could you please suggest some bars and clubs we must visit

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2008, 03:54 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,571,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by london mike View Post
Hi
me and a 7 mates are comming to new york mid jan for a fun weekend,

could you please suggest some bars and clubs we must visit

thanks
Hey london mike, I'm always concerned when I hear 7 English mates are on their way. Maybe I need to get over the War of American Independence - takes me awhile to get over things.

Anyway, there are tons of bars here in the Big Apple. You pick any street and voila, there'a a bar. Don't worry about that, just bring enough Euros - Oh, I forgot, you guys are on your own, with your own Queen and your own money.

Just come on over mates, enjoy our hospitality, enjoy our town, have a few drinks - but don't overindulge, now, be proper English gentlemen and women, now!

Welcome.

Last edited by Moderate Guy; 10-05-2008 at 04:18 PM..

Old 10-05-2008, 04:36 PM

10 posts, read 40,714 times
Suppose this all depends on one's taste and spending money, doesnt it?!

welcome but like Miles said behave yourselves! A lot of visitors from everywhere tend to forget people really live, work and need to rest in this city!

Theres a bar on every corner but most likely there are thousands of people living above that street level.... Just a thought!

Old 10-06-2008, 06:41 AM

1,278 posts, read 4,098,782 times
Try around bleecker and thompson (Greenwich Village), lot's of bars and young people, very new yorkish feel to it.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:52 AM

7,079 posts, read 37,936,994 times
There are lots of places to go and as long as you don't act like yobbos, you'll be fine and have a good time!

Old 10-06-2008, 06:56 AM

1,278 posts, read 4,098,782 times
Come on guys, they asked for specific bars/areas with bars to go to, you all are just telling them that there are lots of bars in NYC ....that doesnt help them lol...

I like the Hudson Hotel for a club choice, very exspensive though and you might want to have some ladies with you or they might not let you in.

Old 10-06-2008, 09:43 AM

10,914 posts, read 31,392,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudbeckia View Post
I like the Hudson Hotel for a club choice, very exspensive though and you might want to have some ladies with you or they might not let you in.
Very true. Some club doormen are a little leery of letting in large groups of men without ladies present.

It might help to know what scene that the OP and friends would like. Is it a quintessential New York bar, a sophisticated outdoor bar with stunning views, an outdoor bar? Some varied places that might be of interest include: 230 5th, 68 Jay Street bar, Arlene's Grocery, the Landmark Inn (old historic bar/restaurant), Henry Street Ale House, and Pete's Tavern (really old NY place). And, if you like bowling in a hip locale with bar service, check out Bowlmor lanes.

Also, be sure that everyone in your party is over 21, since that's the drinking age and the bars and clubs will not admit people younger than this at night. I mention this as I have run into this issue with my own family from across the pond,

Old 10-06-2008, 10:42 AM

12 posts, read 23,299 times
hi

thanks for your help, we are staying at the hudson hotel so we will be using that bar.

we are really looking for some fun pubs with locals not to many trendy lounges loads of them in london and the hudson hotel will be enough of that scene for us.

with regard to night clubs, any ideas i realise we will have to split up and maybe go in 2 by 2 at various times.
would love to go to a large culb though

thanks for your help

mike

Old 10-07-2008, 07:19 PM

217 posts, read 921,508 times
As always: East Village, Otto's Shrunken Head Tiki Bar and the Lakeside Lounge - Avenue B.

Old 10-08-2008, 10:12 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,772,201 times
8 english guys coming to nyc

Watch your drinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City