Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 05:36 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,042,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudbeckia View Post
i was just kidding with you, it was a joke, take a deep breath
Sorry.

Let me bow out this thread, it gets me too riled up.

Sorry again, Rudbeckia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 05:39 PM

473 posts, read 1,670,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
.....I just think that guys should sometimes give their seat up for women. Not always, just sometimes, depending on the situation...........Not many men left are gentlemen. Seems to be a thing of the past.
I just think "ladies" should be ladies and just let the guys get the higher salary for performing the same "duties". Not many "ladies" left.... seems to be a thing of the past

Old 10-30-2008, 05:58 PM

3,734 posts, read 4,545,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
lol no offense, but why should you be honored?

So I should dishonor myself, just to honor you?

I think I am the ****.....but nobody honors me. Unless you are related to God, I am assuming that you are a normal person like the rest of us.

If a woman wants to get my seat, she has to do something for me. I wont say it on here but ....
Honoring another person does not mean that you have to dishonor yourself in anyway. It's not a zero sum situation. It just means that you are giving the other person special consideration or respect.

Yes, I am a normal person and certainly don't expect a man to give me a seat. But if he does, then I feel honored because he has given me respect above the ordinary. I appreciate his self-sacrifice in making my day more pleasant.

Courtesy and manners are just ways that we show consideration and respect to others, and attempt to make our interactions with one another pleasant.

If you treat others discourteously, you shouldn't be surprised to get the same treatment in return. It's just karma.

Last edited by Pivot Point; 10-30-2008 at 06:10 PM..

Old 10-30-2008, 06:13 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,570,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie1249 View Post
Honoring another person does not mean that you have to dishonor yourself in anyway. It's not a zero sum situation. It just means that you are giving the other person special consideration or respect.

Yes, I am a normal person and certainly don't expect a man to give me a seat. But if he does, then I feel honored because he has given me respect above the ordinary. I appreciate his self-sacrifice in making my day more pleasant.

Courtesy and manners are just ways that we show consideration and respect to others, and attempt to make their our interactions with one another pleasant.

If you treat others discourteously, you shouldn't be surprised to get the same treatment in return. It's just karma.
I guess, Marie, as another poster pointed out, all women aren't the same on this issue, and I'd add that quite evidently all men aren't the same. But I do belive that with bmw, other male posters and me aboard, there's enough courtesy to serve the wonderful ladies out there including yourself!

And you are right on target with your post above.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:19 PM

3,734 posts, read 4,545,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post
I guess, Marie, as another poster pointed out, all women aren't the same on this issue, and I'd add that quite evidently all men aren't the same. But I do belive that with bmw, other male posters and me aboard, there's enough courtesy to serve the wonderful ladies out there including yourself!

And you are right on target with your post above.
Thank you, Miles. You're always a gentleman.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:22 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,926,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bx718 View Post
I just think "ladies" should be ladies and just let the guys get the higher salary for performing the same "duties". Not many "ladies" left.... seems to be a thing of the past

Newsflash: Many women nowadays are making just as much, if not more than men. Real ladies don't use men for their money, appreciate a guy for what he does for her (even the smallest things), are content with just spending a quiet night home with him instead of dining out at the fanciest restaurant in town. There aren't many ladies like that left anymore, and yes, it is a shame.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:33 PM

110 posts, read 308,952 times
If us men honor you women by giving you our seats, will you women honor us men by giving us your phone numbers?

Old 10-30-2008, 06:42 PM

467 posts, read 1,684,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie1249 View Post

Courtesy and manners are just ways that we show consideration and respect to others, and attempt to make our interactions with one another pleasant.

It's not discourteous for a man to not give up his seat!!!!!!!

Marie, how often do you give up your seat to a young man who is just standing there? Maybe he looks tired, but he's not disabled, and he's not old. Do you do this often????? Somehow I highly doubt it; therefore, why should a MAN do this just because it's a WOMAN STANDING.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Newsflash: Many women nowadays are making just as much, if not more than men. Real ladies don't use men for their money, appreciate a guy for what he does for her (even the smallest things), are content with just spending a quiet night home with him instead of dining out at the fanciest restaurant in town. There aren't many ladies like that left anymore, and yes, it is a shame.
He was being sarcastic (I think). I think he might have been saying how women want EQUAL RIGHTS, yet change their minds with things like this. A man needs to do this for a woman...but aren't we equals?? Do you do the same thing to men?

Old 10-30-2008, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardier View Post
If us men honor you women by giving you our seats, will you women honor us men by giving us your phone numbers?

LOL NOPE. And this is why I do not take drinks from men at bars. They expect something back!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City