Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 02:38 PM

14 posts, read 54,644 times

Advertisements

just received my certification letter telling me i am on the waiting list for my apt and when one is available they will send me a notices to let me know
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 01:29 PM

1 posts, read 5,147 times
Unhappy housing status

I'vd been waiting for housing for four years now.And still waiting.My last interview was in feb 14 2012 for the second time.And no respond to an apartment yet:-):-):-) How much longer should i wait, I'm in need of one..im living with other people house, been moving around alot.I do need my place to be able to call it my..its beed hurt for me do to medical problem i can't have an aide cuz it isnt my place and i need the help:-):-):-)thank you for listening :-):-):-):-)marines montoya

Old 08-18-2013, 01:53 PM

2 posts, read 8,361 times
If I was selected for an apartment but didnt know until they put me on hold what is the next process?

Old 08-18-2013, 02:08 PM

226 posts, read 1,097,860 times
How didnt you know you were selected for an apt?. How did you find out that you were and missed the opportunity? Im Asking because thats my fear that they will select me for an apt and I wont know. I check the nycha web page for my app status just to see if it changed. They say they send u a letter to say u have been selected but I also heard that they call you to say you have been selected. Since my mail isnt coming straight to me, I wonder how are they going to contact me and hopefully its in a way they can get a hold of me.

Old 09-26-2013, 05:38 AM

2 posts, read 12,391 times
You have to check up w them. A lot of ppl get letters late or find out they've been selected AFTER the fact & are put at the back if the list to start over again. I used to call them every damn day stalker status

Old 09-26-2013, 06:00 AM

226 posts, read 1,097,860 times
Lol, how long did it take you until u got selected. And how many rooms.im waiting for a 1 bed and everybody is lije the wait will be short since its a 1bedroom but im seeing it not so much. I still waiting lol.

Old 09-27-2013, 07:04 AM

13 posts, read 61,161 times
They mailed my letter, did not call at all. My letter was dated Sept 20 and I received it on the 26th. It said call within 7 days of the date of the letter to make an appt for the rental interview, however, it had an interview date written on there in pen. I called to confirm anyway. It did change my status online to say that I was offered an apartment so if you keep checking it that way then you should be fine.

Old 04-29-2014, 03:41 PM

2 posts, read 9,028 times
I recently applied for NYCHA (Feb 2014). My catergory is N1 and W1. I have four children ages 19, 12, 10 and 5 (all boys). How long will it take me to at least get called in for an interview. I'm only asking because I'm DV and my ex is currently incarcerated due to him fracturing my ribs, but he is scheduled to be released in 5 months. I am so stressed right now.......

Old 04-29-2014, 07:09 PM

39 posts, read 109,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiamartin View Post
I recently applied for NYCHA (Feb 2014). My catergory is N1 and W1. I have four children ages 19, 12, 10 and 5 (all boys). How long will it take me to at least get called in for an interview. I'm only asking because I'm DV and my ex is currently incarcerated due to him fracturing my ribs, but he is scheduled to be released in 5 months. I am so stressed right now.......
No one can tell how fast your Interview will be I'm also n1 applied jan Got a letter feb saying i had an interview for March 12 So one thing u will do find out is you have some wait ahead. Pray an send In all paper work they may ask. Check online also u don't need your on number @nycha selfservice

Old 04-29-2014, 10:19 PM

2 posts, read 9,028 times
Default Thanks

That reply was very helpful. I'm trying to remain calm and patient as well as understanding, as i'm sure housing especially NYCHA is probably very sparse due to the extreme need. Its just that I don't know what to do from here do I wait do I seek other housing options it's just a rough situation. I almost feel like giving up. I don't even care about the amount of bedrooms or what development; I just want housing before he is released and makes good on his promise....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City