Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 09:23 AM

18 posts, read 90,783 times

Advertisements

To request a transfer does it take a long time now in 2012? Housing is always changing so you never know. I noticed nycha are giving vouchers to people who already live in housing apt's. Now I know why it's because of this program. My friend applied for housing and was accepted but the building was kind of empty. It's because of the transition program. They gave out vouchers for everybody in order for them to move out. Then they go in repair the apt and call new people in. Are they offering this only to certain developments?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2012, 05:37 AM

7 posts, read 26,194 times
I think so they are trying to get new people that have section 8 vouchers to move in.

Old 10-24-2012, 12:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,283 times
i have three childern to whom is on meds i live in a very small 2br apt in nycha my two sons stay in the room with me and my 13y/o daugher stay in the other room due to her on meds i hav no space and no room for a table for my family one of the rooms dont hav a closet i told housing about it i still gets no help what can i do to get some help

Old 12-04-2013, 01:19 PM

1 posts, read 1,044 times
Default I am also looking for information about transfers

does anybody know how long does it take for New York City Housing Authority to transfer a person with a disability to a bigger apartment after they are approved

Old 12-05-2013, 01:44 AM

31,910 posts, read 26,979,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkinyc View Post
i have three childern to whom is on meds i live in a very small 2br apt in nycha my two sons stay in the room with me and my 13y/o daugher stay in the other room due to her on meds i hav no space and no room for a table for my family one of the rooms dont hav a closet i told housing about it i still gets no help what can i do to get some help
If you are looking for a larger apartment from NYCHA you might not get one. IIRC they assign bedrooms based upon the number and sex of children. If you have boys and girls they give one bedroom for the boys and you and your daughter bunk together. Single mothers with daughters are being assigned one bedrooms under such rules.

Old 12-05-2013, 07:06 AM

163 posts, read 484,775 times
I am a woman and I called my management office because I want a transfer to a two bedroom a year ago. I have to wait until my daughter is five years old to put in the transfer. It's just me and my daughter, I know it will not be priority but I want her to have her own bedroom she's outgrowing her toddler bed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City