Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 06:49 PM

1 posts, read 13,255 times

Advertisements

Hi.... recently I have noticed tiny (I mean tiny) little black bugs walking on my stone floor in the bathroom. They don't fly and are easily crushed. I see maybe four or five each day... cannot figure out what they are or why they are there. The floor is dry. They are too tiny to photograh....anyone else ever hear of them? How do I get rid of them? I am only afraid they will multiply. Thanks...Fern
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2008, 07:06 PM

7,079 posts, read 37,944,603 times
Baby roaches? They don't look like the adults....

Old 08-28-2008, 09:49 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,135,160 times
bedbugs?
centipedes?

try the website http://www.whatsthatbug.com/

Old 09-21-2008, 12:35 AM

4 posts, read 19,932 times
are they bedbug? call for PCO and get confirmed. I found them in my home and they turned out ot be bed bugs!

Old 09-21-2008, 12:36 AM

11,151 posts, read 15,836,462 times
My first guess would be bedbugs .....

Old 09-21-2008, 02:14 AM

2,141 posts, read 7,867,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phearns View Post
Hi.... recently I have noticed tiny (I mean tiny) little black bugs walking on my stone floor in the bathroom. They don't fly and are easily crushed. I see maybe four or five each day... cannot figure out what they are or why they are there. The floor is dry. They are too tiny to photograh....anyone else ever hear of them? How do I get rid of them? I am only afraid they will multiply. Thanks...Fern
Let me know if you figure this out. I have the same problem! I ONLY see them in the shower stall. They are very tiny, very easy to crush. I never seem to see more then 3-5 at a time. Very weird.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelguide View Post
are they bedbug? call for PCO and get confirmed. I found them in my home and they turned out ot be bed bugs!
Quote:
I hate these things. I had a friend whose place got bed bugs. I have been careful cause I don't want to bring them to my place. .
Quote:
what you have heard is true. bed bugs are this decades worst epidemic. They drink our blood. I had faced their bite while I was staying in ahotel . They are horrible.
Look, travelguide, I don't know who you are but now is NOT the time for "viral marketing" for the company you are affiliated with, All-Stop products.

Bedbugs ARE a serious problem, and if people need more info they should go to a reputable site like Got bed bugs? Bedbugger.com and read the FAQs and also to get a recommendation for a good Pest Control Operator. I have done lots of research on these things because it truly IS an epidemic in our city and in many others.

But it really doesn't help to have someone like you come on here, always with different personal story (a friend had them, I had them in my home, I encountered them in a hotel) with a convenient little different link that if you click on it happens to advertise the same bugkilling product.

No thank you. I would rather listen to someone who is not trying to sell me something.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:48 AM

3,225 posts, read 8,574,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Look, travelguide, I don't know who you are but now is NOT the time for "viral marketing" for the company you are affiliated with, All-Stop products.

Bedbugs ARE a serious problem, and if people need more info they should go to a reputable site like Got bed bugs? Bedbugger.com and read the FAQs and also to get a recommendation for a good Pest Control Operator. I have done lots of research on these things because it truly IS an epidemic in our city and in many others.

But it really doesn't help to have someone like you come on here, always with different personal story (a friend had them, I had them in my home, I encountered them in a hotel) with a convenient little different link that if you click on it happens to advertise the same bugkilling product.

No thank you. I would rather listen to someone who is not trying to sell me something.
I tell ya, it's pretty tough for these characters to pull the wool over Henna's eyes.

Henna has an uncanny but stellar ability to dig up info on posters going back to their first attempts to write a paragraph and bring it back to haunt them. I'd rather be on her good side that to alienate her - and I don't even have a product to sell. I couldn't even sell a toothbrush to someone with a mouth full of cavities.

Old 09-21-2008, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post
I tell ya, it's pretty tough for these characters to pull the wool over Henna's eyes.

Henna has an uncanny but stellar ability to dig up info on posters going back to their first attempts to write a paragraph and bring it back to haunt them. I'd rather be on her good side that to alienate her - and I don't even have a product to sell. I couldn't even sell a toothbrush to someone with a mouth full of cavities.
I clearly need a new job as an internet detective. Do jobs like that exist?

I found Travelguide selling his wares using the same viral marketing technique on a British forum about house-swapping as well - this is from a few days ago. He must be a new-hire.
Forum – General travel – House swap - realbuzz.com UK (http://www.realbuzz.com/en-gb/forums/index?pageID=1996&topic=129821&page=last - broken link)

Old 09-21-2008, 09:06 AM

3,225 posts, read 8,574,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
I clearly need a new job as an internet detective. Do jobs like that exist?

I found Travelguide selling his wares using the same viral marketing technique on a British forum about house-swapping as well - this is from a few days ago. He must be a new-hire.
Forum – General travel – House swap - realbuzz.com UK (http://www.realbuzz.com/en-gb/forums/index?pageID=1996&topic=129821&page=last - broken link)
I'm sure that the occupation of Internet Detective, or a close approximation, must exist. If not you can certainly start a whole new career opportunity. I think that you would excel in this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City