Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2009, 10:40 AM

62 posts, read 227,878 times

Advertisements

How to go about getting tickets for a broadway show...I heard a lot of them closed, too? My parents are out of town February 24-28 and basically, they're very protective of me. So usually I go to Philly but since they're gone for so long...I thought maybe I'd go to NYC. the driving sounds tough though I'd sure need a parking garage somewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2009, 10:50 AM

11,151 posts, read 15,836,462 times
If you're flexible, you can wait until you arrive and then go to the TKTS booth for a discounted ticket. Or you can check IBDB.com to see what's currently playing on Broadway, then contact the theatres directly for ticket information.

And you might want to consider taking the bus/train to the city instead of driving. Less stress for you, and you won't have to worry about parking.

Enjoy!

Old 02-16-2009, 11:44 AM

Thanks.

Can you pick up tickets directly at the theatre it's playing at? Or do you have to go to one of those TKTS booths which sound kind like they may be far from the theatres?

And can you tell me a parking garage? I'm already shuttering at how often I'll be cursed at

Old 02-16-2009, 12:27 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,836,462 times
There's a TKTS booth in Times Square, so it's close to most of the theatres. You can't buy tickets in advance with them, though, so if that's your plan, you'll need to contact the theatres directly and purchase tickets (probably through Ticket Master or similar). The theatre will hold them for you to pick up when you arrive.

I didn't drive in the city, so can't help with parking garages, sorry.

Old 02-16-2009, 02:24 PM

Would I have to purchase them with my credit card?

Old 02-16-2009, 05:38 PM

824 posts, read 2,791,917 times
I use Official site for Broadway theater tickets.Â*No broker markups.Â*Buy tickets for Broadway plays, musicals and all theater. when I can't do the TKTS thing.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:55 PM

2 posts, read 5,371 times
Default Use reliable online ticket site

I usually use Ticketmaster or TicketLoot. if Ticketmaster is sold out.. ticketloot is my best option for cheap tickets. I just bought tickets for wicked show in Chicago.

link : [url=http://www.ticketloot.com]Discount Tickets from the Leading Discount Ticket Agent[/url]

Old 02-17-2009, 05:21 AM

4,502 posts, read 13,471,703 times
www.ILoveNYTheater.com will let you know all the shows that are currently on Broadway and give info about them.

For discounted tickets: www.BroadwayBox.com and www.Playbill.com both offer big discounts.
They also let you know all the shows that are on and off Broadway.

Parking? Go very far east or very far west for the best rates or try www.bestparking.com to get rates. There are some shows that if you buy tickets, you can get either free or discounted parking.

With the discount sites, you can use the code they give you through Telecharge or you can buy them right at the box office with the discount (you print out the page from Broadway Box)

Old 02-17-2009, 08:57 AM

4,035 posts, read 10,297,214 times
If you're in Maryland, why not take Amtrak into the city? It's goes right into Penn Station, which is very close to the theater district. Driving into and around the city is not easy and parking is very expensive, especially near the theater district. Also, the Chinatown busses from Philly to New York are only $10 one-way; that's less than you'll pay for parking. As you mention your "protective parents," I assume you're a young driver. There are lots of things that can go wrong for an inexperienced (or even experienced) driver in Manhattan. Just something to think about. Have fun and enjoy the show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City