Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2009, 04:40 PM

200 posts, read 576,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by offwing View Post
QW9 does not dump never have and hopefully never will.The only time there was ever any dumps is when we get out of towners who like to come in and run up our routes.But we now try and keep out of towners apart and have them work with one of our own men.Even our supervisers tell them not to run up the routes because then they have to answer to the higher ups well why can the other guys finsh and dump but your guys can't.
I stand corrected. Thank you. I heard QW9 was dumping for awhile and then stoped. Glad to hear that was untrue. Keep up the good work over there.

Old 09-11-2009, 05:02 PM

335 posts, read 747,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1475 View Post
Epyon.. Do you still have the same high pace of retirements ?
yeah for this month and next month. I wish I could take a picture and show you all the folders I had to place to retirement... But at this point it doesn't matter how much lower we go if the Mayor won't approve for a class.

Old 09-11-2009, 05:03 PM

876 posts, read 2,141,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingcals View Post
junior scum have to save this job after the senior men ruined it.....why must we step up why not the senior men look around and see what there leaving us he would be one billion times easier if a senior man said ok lets make this right.....like bobbys girl said us junior guys just go with the flow ok if 20 year men dont wanna help us and ten year men are pretty set in there ways...if you want change dont talk to the men with one year on the job talk to the guys with 3-5 years...what are 3 guys with one year on the job gonna do in a garage of 100 but men with 3-5 years which is like 50 percent of the garage can make a big difference.....ITS MUCH EASIER TO LEAD BY EXAMPLE IF YOU HAVE SOME TIME ON THE JOB LIKE HEY LOOK AT THAT GUY HES GOT SOME TIME ON HES DOING THE RITE THING...not hey look at that junior scum with one year on lazy bum i dont wanna work with him put me with running rodney...then you end up working with another junior guy and its the same thing you accomplish nothing....
First the reason why the junior guys need to stop up is because it is our bodies and job. The senior guy has one foot out the door and dont care. The junior guys have 15 to 19 years to go. The problem is that doing the right thing isnt easy which is why the junior guys dont stick together and stay out. True leaders dont normally exist in this job most of the guys are sheep. If everyone else stays out then I will stay out. It is a shame but that is how most of the junior guys think and the rest says f it. I will run and dump and what will be will be.

Old 09-11-2009, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yearman View Post
The problem is nobody seems to be all that scared. Its business as usual out there. People are still running and dumping without a care in the world. Route extensions were just handed out to a lot of districts and accepted gladly and still dumped b4 lunch. Junior guys are still following blindly and if and when their are layoffs they may finally realized they were just running themselves out of a job. Maybe then people will be scared but it will be to late. Weather they are rumors or not its serious enough to step back and look at the way things are progressing in this department for the better of the city and not the worker. I like to be a positive thinker but the writing is all over the wall. Wake up people, play time is over.
I guess that would be a legit reason to the scare tactics. Too bad it isn't working. I wish those guys that are ruining the job would just chill out for now and start running and dumping once the economy gets better...

Old 09-11-2009, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon7280 View Post
I guess that would be a legit reason to the scare tactics. Too bad it isn't working. I wish those guys that are ruining the job would just chill out for now and start running and dumping once the economy gets better...
Is it possible for you to give us some sort of number of how many retired last month? Also do you know if we are still over head count?

Old 09-11-2009, 05:18 PM

46 posts, read 176,150 times
Can anyone tell me if they will hire in 2010,and if so how many

Old 09-11-2009, 05:21 PM

16 posts, read 55,889 times
havent heard anything about hiring but i was told the other day by a ss that the city is now only over 40 guys so as of right now there wont be any layoffs

Old 09-11-2009, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSANMAN View Post
Can anyone tell me if they will hire in 2010,and if so how many
We will be lucky if they dont have layoffs. We wont have another class for at least 2 years. But when they do have another class that class will be tier V which would be a 25 year penision.

Old 09-11-2009, 05:32 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,059,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma1976 View Post
havent heard anything about hiring but i was told the other day by a ss that the city is now only over 40 guys so as of right now there wont be any layoffs
Would 40 be the average number that retire in a given month more or less, right Epyon?

I agree with DSNYSANMAN, that there won't be any new hires until 2011.

Old 09-11-2009, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
Would 40 be the average number that retire in a given month more or less, right Epyon?

I agree with DSNYSANMAN, that there won't be any new hires until 2011.

for now yeah...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City