Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 11:56 AM

3,357 posts, read 4,632,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
I don't think anything has changed in these neighborhoods recently.All are still decent neighborhoods.
I really think Pelham Parkway is the best of the 3 but you will have to visit all three and check them out for yourself.I think it has the lowest crime rate,the best transportation,the most abundant and varied shopping,the most diverse population(economic and racial/ethnic) , the most green space and the most abundant and varied apartment choices of the three.

This seems like a decent building though I have never been inside.I did go into the courtyard once to snoop.It is definitely a very convenient spot.

Large Studio Pelham Parkway (http://newyork.craigslist.org/brx/abo/1786222554.html - broken link)
Hey Bluedog,

And I think Mosholu Parkway is the best! Although I very much like Pelham Parkway, I think transportation (2 subways and metro-north), greenspace etc is more abundant here! But you have to love where you live and to each their own. Seriously I think all are good areas for you Nala. Although $1100 is the average for a 2 bedroom? I don't think so anymore. We've been renting out one in our house for 1300 (lease was started 2 years ago). I hope rents haven't gone down that much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 07:50 PM

966 posts, read 2,446,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodel View Post
Hey Bluedog,

And I think Mosholu Parkway is the best! Although I very much like Pelham Parkway, I think transportation (2 subways and metro-north), greenspace etc is more abundant here! But you have to love where you live and to each their own. Seriously I think all are good areas for you Nala. Although $1100 is the average for a 2 bedroom? I don't think so anymore. We've been renting out one in our house for 1300 (lease was started 2 years ago). I hope rents haven't gone down that much!
Thanks yodel. I'm hoping for a large studio or a one bedroom. You can find rents on Pelham Parkway, on Mosholu Parkway, and in Parkchester from say $850 to $1000 or so. Thank goodness. Looks like the Bronx is singing my song. I can't imagine this changing much between now and mid August.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City