Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2011, 08:21 AM

184 posts, read 338,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by soon2besanman View Post
Hey everyone I'm new to the forum, i called hr and they said i have orientation aug 15, i am going away the 17 you think they will let me do medical the 16th or am i going to have to cancel vac. list #109*

Sometimes you start trek around the city once you leave the clinic so its quite possible that you can get it all done in one day....sometimes they have to give you a different day for the xray because it is a place that has alot of private patients......there's probably a good chance that you will have to cancel the vacation since there are a large number of people going for the medical

Old 08-01-2011, 08:52 AM

85 posts, read 138,623 times
Thanks everyone for the answers, so i guess if you never had any back surgeries or born with a defective back your ok for the back check. hopefully i can do my medical the next day i spoke with hr and they said if i show them proof they will work with me, hopefully i can do all medical on the 16th if not i have to cancel the vac/ wedding i am supposed to go to. ohh well job is more important.

Old 08-01-2011, 08:55 AM

Default Thanks

Yea i read that you can not see bulging discs on X-ray, so basically it is for major issue or what ever a X-ray could see such as anything with the bones

Old 08-01-2011, 12:14 PM

473 posts, read 932,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soon2besanman View Post
Thanks everyone for the answers, so i guess if you never had any back surgeries or born with a defective back your ok for the back check. hopefully i can do my medical the next day i spoke with hr and they said if i show them proof they will work with me, hopefully i can do all medical on the 16th if not i have to cancel the vac/ wedding i am supposed to go to. ohh well job is more important.
Come in with the proof. You have time to get all the tests done the hearing and bloodwork are quick but it's the x-ray that may be the problem. They should work with you

Old 08-01-2011, 01:47 PM

21 posts, read 48,391 times
Have not posted in a long time. Read the post here and there but was tired of getting my hopes up....but finally....some movement and action. Congrats to those called. Really happy for you. Called HR today. They sent out letters to roughly list #1400 and will be sending out another 200-250 to get the 300 San men. I'm still on the outside with a list # of 17xx. Can't wait. New hires, keep us posted. We can't wait to hear from you guys.

Old 08-01-2011, 02:00 PM

146 posts, read 280,671 times
i called them on fri and they sent out letters to list #1189 they said and more are going out in september. My list # is 128* and i did not receive any letter so i think you were mis informed or they explained it wrong to you,the list will reach 1400 i can see that but the letters didnt all go out at this time more will go out in sep late or early oct and thats when i should see something but if im wrong and someone over list #1189 received a letter please post to let me know thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by willk419 View Post
Have not posted in a long time. Read the post here and there but was tired of getting my hopes up....but finally....some movement and action. Congrats to those called. Really happy for you. Called HR today. They sent out letters to roughly list #1400 and will be sending out another 200-250 to get the 300 San men. I'm still on the outside with a list # of 17xx. Can't wait. New hires, keep us posted. We can't wait to hear from you guys.

Old 08-01-2011, 03:00 PM

Thanks grapes apprecieate eeven if i have to go for X-ray in 2 days i should be ok i am driving not flying

Old 08-01-2011, 03:13 PM

38 posts, read 68,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisnyc View Post
They are looking for bulging disk and hair line fractures.I hope that helps
I was very tired when I posted it this morning I work nights sorry about the typo error .

Old 08-01-2011, 08:20 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,061,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisnyc View Post
I was very tired when I posted it this morning I work nights sorry about the typo error .
No need to apologize bro, you were just trying to help, pardon my sarcastic response but that is the way I am.
I figured you were posting from your cell phone or something.

Good to see the DSNY 6063 threads on the 1st page of the forum.

Old 08-01-2011, 08:23 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,061,592 times
Default Additional hiring is possible, depending on attrition, Mr. Turso said.

[CENTER]Second Wave of Hiring[/CENTER] 2nd part of the Chief article but more important then the 1st part.

Sanitation hired 100 people in December and demoted about 50 Sanitation Supervisors who were still on probation to Sanitation Worker. The original plan was to demote 100 Supervisors, but the city decided not to reclassify those who had attained the permanent rank after an arbitrator ruled they would lose all their seniority and fall to the very bottom of the Sanitation Worker list.

The new hiring “gets us up to the lowest point that we should be at going into a winter,” Mr. Nespoli said in an interview. “It gives us a fighting chance against another blizzard.”

He said the hires should bring the Sanitation Department’s front-line force to about 6,100. He recalled prior years when the number was as high as 6,600.

Mr. Nespoli said he had warned city officials last year that the 5,800 Sanitation Workers who were on the job were not enough for the snow season. A Dec. 26 blizzard that dumped upwards of 20 inches of snow on the city took nearly a week to clear in some areas. With Mayor Bloomberg initially out of town, city officials reacted slowly in summoning emergency workers. They also also failed to limit auto traffic and properly prepare ambulances and buses, which left thousands of vehicles stuck in snowy streets, blocking the plows.

“Our past record prior to this winter was unblemished,” Mr. Nespoli said. “The reason we had the problem was the staffing.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City