Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 03:10 PM

22 posts, read 67,674 times

Advertisements

PLEZ HELP ME MAKE THE BEST SELECTION..hi im a single mom of a 4 year old boy currently residing family sheltor in harlem but im from brooklyn i been approved for housing i need help making the best selection i know the project arent the best place to live but this is temporary until i plan to move out of state here are the listing they gave me for my manhatten and brooklyn.....NOTE:i dont know if i wanna move back to brooklyn or stay in manhatten so confused HELP ME OUT THANKS GUYS

brooklyn:
albany
tompkin
langston huges

manhatten:
Drew Hamilton: W142nd st & Adam Clayton powell
Frederick E. Samuel Apts: W 144th St & Adam Clayton powell
Harlem River I: W 151st & Adam Clayton powell. some walk ups
Jackie Robinson: E 128th st & Lexington ave
Johnson: E 114th st & Lexington ave -- This is my first choice
Polo Grounds Towers: W155th st & Frederick Douglass
Rangel: W 159th st & harlem River Dr,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2013, 12:25 AM

1 posts, read 2,254 times
Question Frederick E. Sameuls Houses

I was recently put on waiting list for Fred E. Sameul Houses I know Harlem has changed alot (for the better ) I was told that some of the apts will be going co op in the near future and reabilitated. Does anyone have any info in reference to that ? also, how is it in Sameul Houses now (2013) I have heard alot of good things and always wanted to live in Harlem around the rich culture I was raised up around.In ref; are the rooms small, does the kitchen have a large enough dining area? Please give me some insight. Thanks.

Old 06-12-2013, 02:55 PM

2 posts, read 7,537 times
I live in the Vladeck houses for 49 years this place is safe people die of old age here. Next best is first houses the first housing project in United States. Only thing no elevators all walk up and safe.

Old 01-12-2016, 06:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,180 times
Jan. 12, 2016. Hello! I'm thinking moving to 344 E. 28th street NYCHA. Can someone tell me if it's one if the better ones compare to others. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old 01-12-2016, 06:38 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,250,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoudyLeo70 View Post
Jan. 12, 2016. Hello! I'm thinking moving to 344 E. 28th street NYCHA. Can someone tell me if it's one if the better ones compare to others. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!
Yes its a great one and great neighborhood therefore I'm sure the waiting list is LONG. If you need a place to live within this century I would recommend you pick another boro. Manhattan waiting lists are very long. especially the buildings south of 96th Street.

Old 01-12-2016, 06:41 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,941,071 times
I remembered this story from a few years ago:
Public Housing Residents Want Wall of Shame for Banned Tenants - Murray Hill, Gramercy & Midtown East - DNAinfo.com New York

Old 01-12-2016, 07:41 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,915,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoudyLeo70 View Post
better neighborhood thats for sure. i heard it's quite tame in that development, but because bellevue, and a shelter are nearby, there are issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City