Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 06:24 AM

7,658 posts, read 19,187,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observation View Post
This is depressing.
Everyone wants people from NY to stay in NY. We don't like you.
Your rude, loud, a bunch of softies that try to act tuff, and you complain constantly and feel that your better than everyone because of where you were born.

And at "I love long island but".

What exactly are you trying to prove by posting a list with every trailer park in the entire state of NC for?
You do realize the difference between and state and a county right?
The only time I see trailer parks here is when I'm on the highway passing small towns.
Every city in NC has very few trailer parks.

Theres many good reasons ppl are leaving NY for NC, I almost wish NC wasn't so much better than NY because you guys are ruining it here. A good portion of criminals in NCs cities are transplants from NY, & NJ.

I really dont think that's something you'll have to worry about.

If you're priced out of the better areas of the City, you might come to Nassau

If you're priced out of Nassau, you might come to Suffolk

If you're priced off the Island, you might go to NC.
It is what it is.

Its not like you're gonna be getting the Tri-States best and brightest.

Crooks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2011, 07:04 AM

182 posts, read 406,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
When my b-in-law lived in Bohemia he had a trailer park across the street and I never saw any indication it was 55 and older... Definitely people younger then that living in them. There's also a few out in the Calverton / Riverhead area that are easy to see as your standard run o the mill trailer parks with no indication of it being "senior living" either.

If you're sure of them being intended for seniors, my eyes told a different story. I guess there's ways around who lives in them.
There are two in Bohemia on Church St and they are right next to each other. One had younger residents with kids. I didn't notice kids in the other.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:43 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,037,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DogsImDone View Post
There are two in Bohemia on Church St and they are right next to each other. One had younger residents with kids. I didn't notice kids in the other.
These are the ones I was referring to...

ILoveLIbut - Way to get it moved with the wall o text! LOL

I don't think it's fair to compare a STATE to LI - I mean I know LI should be its own state and all, but come on! A couple of months ago I drove back roads from Union County NC to Myrtle Beach... Trailer parks?! What I saw down countless little 1lane highways was lots of land and lots of poverty. Something that wouldn't be too different from driving across upstate NY - having gone to school in Vestal, NY I know.

What I still don't understand is the overkill just because of pointing out that trailer parks exist on LI - that was my only point. heh

You're cordially invited to come tour the area I live in the next time you find yourself down this way... It will help give you a frame of reference similar to how Garden City isn't defined by Hempstead or Plattsburgh - it's pretty amazing the difference a couple of miles or a few hundred miles will make.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:48 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,331,265 times
Quote:
Alot of trailer parks are not filled with only crackheads & meth heads. Theirs alot of trailer communities that are mostly middle class.
Your ignorant.
Let's redo that post in real english (leaving awkward sentence structure as is):

A lot of trailer parks are not filled with only crackheads and meth heads. There are a lot of trailer communities that are mostly middle class.

You're ignorant.

So who's ignorant?

Anyway, the terms "trailer park" and "middle class" are completely incompatible with the exception of "seniors only" trailer parks.

However, your definition of a middle class lifestyle is most likely very different than mine.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
These are the ones I was referring to...

ILoveLIbut - Way to get it moved with the wall o text! LOL

I don't think it's fair to compare a STATE to LI - I mean I know LI should be its own state and all, but come on! A couple of months ago I drove back roads from Union County NC to Myrtle Beach... Trailer parks?! What I saw down countless little 1lane highways was lots of land and lots of poverty. Something that wouldn't be too different from driving across upstate NY - having gone to school in Vestal, NY I know.

What I still don't understand is the overkill just because of pointing out that trailer parks exist on LI - that was my only point. heh

You're cordially invited to come tour the area I live in the next time you find yourself down this way... It will help give you a frame of reference similar to how Garden City isn't defined by Hempstead or Plattsburgh - it's pretty amazing the difference a couple of miles or a few hundred miles will make.
It was my wall of text that exiled the thread to "General NY?" Actually it probably belonged there all along when we look at the article the thread started with.

Too bad this exiled thread is not dying quietly.

Anyway ... Mikey if you only hadn't used the qualifying term "plenty of" as in --

There are plenty of trailer parks out in Suffolk!

Then I would have had no cause to go off on a super-rant.

However, I am glad you did. TY!

Old 01-06-2011, 10:57 AM

Quote:
This is depressing.
Everyone wants people from NY to stay in NY. We don't like you.
Your rude, loud, a bunch of softies that try to act tuff, and you complain constantly and feel that your better than everyone because of where you were born.

And at "I love long island but".

What exactly are you trying to prove by posting a list with every trailer park in the entire state of NC for?
You do realize the difference between and state and a county right?The only time I see trailer parks here is when I'm on the highway passing small towns.

Theres many good reasons ppl are leaving NY for NC, I almost wish NC wasn't so much better than NY because you guys are ruining it here. A good portion of criminals in NCs cities are transplants from NY, & NJ.
Would you like me to break the Godzilla list down by County for you and we can compare each NC county with Suffolk, NY?

PS: Please accept my deepest condolences on all the expats invading your state from NY!

Old 01-06-2011, 01:12 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,037,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
I really dont think that's something you'll have to worry about.

If you're priced out of the better areas of the City, you might come to Nassau

If you're priced out of Nassau, you might come to Suffolk

If you're priced off the Island, you might go to NC.
It is what it is.

Its not like you're gonna be getting the Tri-States best and brightest.

Crooks
I don't think you realize the cost of property in the better areas of NC... at all. You're poorly generalizing based on a Rocky Point perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
It was my wall of text that exiled the thread to "General NY?" Actually it probably belonged there all along when we look at the article the thread started with.

Too bad this exiled thread is not dying quietly.

Anyway ... Mikey if you only hadn't used the qualifying term "plenty of" as in --

There are plenty of trailer parks out in Suffolk!

Then I would have had no cause to go off on a super-rant.

However, I am glad you did. TY!
It's all good... Just I'm not subscribed to this forum so I'd probably miss it without specifically checking. Anyway, it was educational if nothing about the trailer parks on LI vs. NC. lol

The "NC invasion" and contributing to the crime is rather amusing to say the least...

Old 01-06-2011, 01:16 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,749,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Would you like me to break the Godzilla list down by County for you and we can compare each NC county with Suffolk, NY?

PS: Please accept my deepest condolences on all the expats invading your state from NY!
165 Manufactured and Mobile Home Communities near Wake County, North Carolina

I Googled Wake County, figuring that's the Raleigh and vicinity. The above link gives 165 ONE HUNDRED SIXTY FIVE mobile home parks for the Wake County area alone.

Old 01-06-2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
I don't think you realize the cost of property in the better areas of NC... at all. You're poorly generalizing based on a Rocky Point perspective.

It's all good... Just I'm not subscribed to this forum so I'd probably miss it without specifically checking. Anyway, it was educational if nothing about the trailer parks on LI vs. NC. lol

The "NC invasion" and contributing to the crime is rather amusing to say the least...
That fits YOU to a "T" ... LOL!

You unwanted criminal NY/NJ transplant to NC!

(J/K, J/K, before anyone takes offense ...)

Old 01-06-2011, 01:24 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,749,658 times
Quote:

You do realize the difference between and state and a county right?
The only time I see trailer parks here is when I'm on the highway passing small towns.
You only see trailer parks passing small towns?
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1W6UxEU-wt5aKzMDiASOgQe4MslprEQa7YZtBekTiGD8ofguj (broken link)

If every city in NC has very few trailer parks, then you're stating every city in NC has trailer parks.
Here's the 165 in Wake County, home of the City of Raleigh.
165 Manufactured and Mobile Home Communities near Wake County, North Carolina

Chances are the fine, upstanding born and bred, dyed in the wool North Carolinians comprise most (if not all) the residents in those.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York