Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2011, 10:59 PM

63 posts, read 234,797 times

Advertisements

EDIT: vote out Hillary look alike in 2012. Schumie will have to wait until 2016.

I had to do a little digging to find this, but both of our senators, Chuck Schumer, and the other one that looks like Hillary Clinton (they're both corrupt anyway so I see no reason to differentiate them), both of them are democrats, by the way, voted yes on the monstrosity of a bill called the "National Defense Authorization Act."

Chuck Schumer - Key Votes - Project Vote Smart
http://www.votesmart.org/candidate/key-votes/65147/

For those who are unaware, this unconstitutional, draconian, fascist, and dangerous 'bill' gives the federal government the authority to detain you, an American citizen and taxpayer, at any time for any reason, for as long as they desire, without a just cause, warrant, or trial.

Constitution? What's that? Bill of Rights? Never heard of it. Fair trial? You bastard! We're trying to increase the power of the sta- I mean - uh - protect the American people. Due process of law? Sorry bro we don't have time for that nonsense.

Don't think this will only affect 'terrorists', it affects everyone who occupies this land, including citizens and taxpayers.

Whether you lean liberal, conservative, or anywhere in between, this should bother you. Why should an American citizen be held without charge, trial or due process of law?

It's clear that our senators have no modicum of human decency. But to be fair to our senators, most of the other politicians there don't care either, just look at the voting record on this bill. Only 6 democrats and 6 republicans opposed it.

Of course, this bill was passed in the middle of the night rather covertly, hoping no one would catch on. It's funny, on Chuck Schumer's senate webpage, this vote isn't mentioned in the press release. I wonder why
Senator Charles E. Schumer

But lets show them we're smarter than that. We're not sheep who will vote for someone because their slick appearances or fancy campaigns. These mo********ers need to be voted out and their political careers need to die. They need to stop getting paid $175k year to sit around and think of ways to **** with us even more, while already raking in their bribes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2011, 05:43 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,727,089 times
Myself and friends on both sides of the political aisle are shocked that anything which so flagrantly strips citizens of Constitutional rights, was even considered worthy of passing by these two.

WAKE UP NYers!

Old 12-17-2011, 05:38 PM

63 posts, read 234,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Myself and friends on both sides of the political aisle are shocked that anything which so flagrantly strips citizens of Constitutional rights, was even considered worthy of passing by these two.

WAKE UP NYers!
Indeed sir (or ma'am), indeed. Surprised how little views this has gotten.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
View detailed profiles of: