Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 01:28 PM

2,909 posts, read 4,271,079 times

Advertisements

Whitesboro is a village within Whitestown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2013, 01:33 PM

93,347 posts, read 123,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joysey77 View Post
Now is Whitesboro and Whitestown the same place? I think I read that somewhere. So Whitesboro is the 3rd largest town outside of Rome and Utica? But New Hartford has all the shopping? I looked up real estate for New Hartford, Whitesboro/town and Westmoreland and Sean is right, there is plenty of places to buy a home in that price range. Im happy to see they have good schools and low crime.Im afraid to live in a really small town because I dont want to be culture shocked.
Yes, Whitestown is largely in the Whitesboro SD. Whitesboro is technically a village. Whitestown and New Hartford both have around 20,000 people, but a good part of towns like Deerfield(which has a gun club) and Marcy are in the Whitesboro SD. Just so you know, Marcy has a prison and mental health hospital, along with a SUNY campus. I don't think there has been a negative impact on the town though. There is even a little piece of the town of Schuyler in Herkimer County in the Whitesboro SD too.

Old 01-15-2013, 01:36 PM

Are you looking to board a horse or keep one??

Canastota has Italians but its not like its a big deal. Not like you can get a canoli there or anything. Its also in a blue county, very blue and next to a very very blue.

I personally can't stand anything from the Western edge of the Mohawk Valley to oh lets say South Dakota.

Old 01-15-2013, 02:11 PM

66 posts, read 119,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Yes, Whitestown is largely in the Whitesboro SD. Whitesboro is technically a village. Whitestown and New Hartford both have around 20,000 people, but a good part of towns like Deerfield(which has a gun club) and Marcy are in the Whitesboro SD. Just so you know, Marcy has a prison and mental health hospital, along with a SUNY campus. I don't think there has been a negative impact on the town though. There is even a little piece of the town of Schuyler in Herkimer County in the Whitesboro SD too.
When I try to research these towns the little villages of only 2700 come up thats why I asked. So if researching Whitesboro I should be looking for Whitestown? I think Ill avoid Marcy to live in lol!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean® View Post

Canastota has Italians but its not like its a big deal. Not like you can get a canoli there or anything. Its also in a blue county, very blue and next to a very very blue.

I personally can't stand anything from the Western edge of the Mohawk Valley to oh lets say South Dakota.
I saw Canastota on a map and its a little to far west. Im trying to stay somewhat close to Jersey being I have family here. Thats why I zoomed into Warren and Saratoga because its a drive staright up. Oneida is even a little more west than what I wanted but it sounds nice. I dont want to hear from my mom though about how far away it is lol!

Any reason you guys DONT recommend Warren or Saratoga?

Old 01-15-2013, 02:13 PM

Quote:

I would board a horse.maybe when Im older keep one on my property. And Im trying to find a barn that teaches Western discipline but am mainly finding hunter/ jumper. Warren has a lot of western discipline training

Old 01-15-2013, 02:18 PM

I'm answering the way I am because I know Herkimer County really well and Warren less so.

I love Warren County and would live there in a second if I choose to stay in NY. But I don't, when I pack its only gonna be once and its gonna be for lower taxes. Period!!!

But if you wanna live here Warren and Herkimer are both beautiful but I'd give the nod to Warren. Much more expensive but sounds like you got money cover.

Seeing Lake George on a whim would be worth a great deal of money.

Old 01-15-2013, 02:43 PM

Quote:
I'm answering the way I am because I know Herkimer County really well and Warren less so.

I love Warren County and would live there in a second if I choose to stay in NY. But I don't, when I pack its only gonna be once and its gonna be for lower taxes. Period!!!

But if you wanna live here Warren and Herkimer are both beautiful but I'd give the nod to Warren. Much more expensive but sounds like you got money cover.

So its a little more money because of location to the lake and track I presume? I do like being that close to the lake and the track though. I like beach and water but am now afraid of it because I live at the Jersey shore and Sandy was not fun at all. Just a nightmare. So I can get my water fix at the lake. From what I can see, I can get a bigger house out in Oneida though. It does seem to be a cheaper cost of living out there.what is the closest major airport to Oneida?

Old 01-15-2013, 02:47 PM

93,347 posts, read 123,972,828 times
Quote:

Old Forge is no slouch either. I'm not sure that Madison County is blue outside of Hamilton and a few other towns.

There looks to be stables in Sauquoit, Frankfort, Clinton and Westmoreland. I don't know if you know this, but Beezie Madden is an equestrian that is on Team USA that lives close by in Cazenovia and an International Horse Show in Syracuse at the NY State Fairgrounds. There may be other horse shows in the area as well.

There's also Sylvan Beach and other Lakeside beaches: Sylvan - Verona Beach Resort Area, Sylvan Beach, NY

Home

Sylvan Beach - Things to do, Events, Hotels, Restaurants, Shopping

Delta Lake State Park - NYS Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation

Central Region - NYS Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation

Some Old Forge Information: Old Forge New York in the Adirondacks | McCauley Mountain Ski | Water Park | Cruises | Lodging | Museums | Hiking, biking, swimming, fishing, boating, snowmobiling

★★★ Enchanted Forest Water Safari ★★★ New York

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 01-15-2013 at 03:07 PM..

Old 01-15-2013, 02:58 PM

Oneida City?? Well County would be the same.

Syracuse has an airport but its very expensive and doesn't really go anywhere non-stop. Last time there was a thread about it I think most flew out of Rochester which I plan to check into myself next time.

Oneida Lake is the biggest lake in NYS. Its kinda a dump and very redneckish but I like water myself and am there several times a week during the Summer.

I can't dream of anyone with the money for Warren moving to Oneida County. Oneida County is ok but it is the absolute farther West I would consider "pretty".

Old Forge is very redneck.

Old 01-15-2013, 03:16 PM

Don't know the area well but down in Southern NY is a Interstate, 84 maybe?? I think it goes in or near NJ. Some cheap land around Binghamton and such.

I'm afraid I know very little about that area so can't tell you red/blue or anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York