Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2017, 10:45 AM

10 posts, read 10,162 times

Advertisements

Recently we were scehduled for an interview for 300 Ashland. They were looking at my bank statements and were questioning the large amounts of money that was sent to me ($13,480 $8,500, $8500 $ 4,666 and money that was sent to me from Paypal. Those money were not for me and I was just helping a friend a favor because he doesn't have a bank account and those money were sent to me to a friend by various donors to help with rebuilding and reconstruction of a church. And then I use alernate means like Western union to wire transfer the money..

Now they're asking me for a letter from each of these donors to prove that the money was sent for that purposes (whom I dont even know nor seen them in real life), receipts that of money being sent to my friend and Paypal statements.

At this point, I dont even know what to do as I don't even know these people and I doubt they'll write me a letter...I contacted my friend but to no avail. I no longer have those receipts too. They told me failure to provide these documents will result in disqualification of my application because they will have to add those amounts in as the money I make and that will go over the limit.

Our income from our paystubs fit the income bracket...Im just dealing with this issue now.

Should we appeal if we are disqualified based on this and what is our chance of winning?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2017, 11:43 AM

37 posts, read 36,976 times
Hey! I see no one has responded to you as of yet. But from what I know and from what other people have told me is that they basically ask of what they need of you and if you aren't able to provide it your chances are slim to having an appeal. Sucks that this happened to you.

Old 02-06-2017, 11:50 AM

The issue is.. those money was months ago and is no longer in my bank account now and when we were called in for the interview it was months back i Dont even have that money in my bank account now when we got called in...I feel like i was unequally screened at because they look at the stuff that was no longer there anymore. Plus the money wasnt for me but I have no absolute way to prove it.. I feel like I have a chance to appeal because they should look at my paystubs and current income now not something that happened months back

Old 02-06-2017, 11:54 AM

37 posts, read 36,976 times
Are there any other options? or were the notarized letters the only option they gave you? How far back was your interview? and were you a preference? there has to be another way of proving the funds were not for you.

Old 02-06-2017, 11:58 AM

I can get a letter from my friend, but they need the letter from the donors..the problem is the letter from the donors...i never even met them I dont even have their number. If it was a letter from my friend I can get it notarized and send it to them...but they need a letter from my the donors. The tranactions were dated in August and the latest one in December. The money is not even there anymore, why are they using this against me? I feel this is very unfair.

Old 03-22-2017, 10:57 AM

94 posts, read 172,966 times
did you appeal?

Old 03-24-2017, 08:42 AM

147 posts, read 229,591 times
Could you get a letter from the church that was rebuilt? Stating each amount that was received and that the amounts were given anonymous. This might show that the money passed from donor to the church and was not money that belonged to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York