Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 06:29 PM

79 posts, read 258,670 times

Advertisements

Charlotte, NC is the designated destination for relocating Buffalonians. The second would be Atlanta, GA. They actually have Buffalo "Reunion" parties in both cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2007, 06:34 PM

222 posts, read 691,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGirl1216 View Post
Charlotte, NC is the designated destination for relocating Buffalonians. The second would be Atlanta, GA. They actually have Buffalo "Reunion" parties in both cities.
So true also there are a lot of people here from Rochester as well.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:24 PM

121 posts, read 382,875 times
give me a break. it is all about jobs. i have found soo many buffalonians and rochesterians completely distraught because of the job situation. NC is the closest area that offers the similar cost of living, same-city size type neighborhoods to upstate. you can have a masters in NY, be top of your class, and end up working making 7 dollars an hour where that is HIGHLY unlikely to EVER happen in NC. It is a joke, and I want to be home more than anything for the holidays---I am just not at a point in my career to actually "chuck" my career, and try to think up a creative way to "make it" in upstate ny. believe me, though, I am trying!

This is the BIGGEST problem in regards to the NY vs. NC debate. A lot of people do NOT want to be here at all. In my opinion, people from NYC and LI seem to fare better in NC, people from 'upstate' are the more displaced ones forced out by economics and that is about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltownusa View Post
One of the very reasons I quit entertaining myself by posting in the NC forum.....the backlash is amazing and I get the distinct feeling there is some Stepford Wives mentality going on as they rally around the "camp" whenever ANYONE slings an arrow of negativity towards the area of the Triangle. Some are transplants who firmly believe they moved to utopia and no one should contradict them. The rest are natives who have become quite gallant in their chest-pounding pride of NC as the newcomers swamp/saturate their locales. The sad thing is, they don't realize that they are being taken advantage of and like locusts, the newcomers will hop the first train out of town when NC/SC/TN start resembling Florida in a few years........

Old 11-26-2007, 08:06 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,289,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltownusa View Post
One of the very reasons I quit entertaining myself by posting in the NC forum.....the backlash is amazing and I get the distinct feeling there is some Stepford Wives mentality going on as they rally around the "camp" whenever ANYONE slings an arrow of negativity towards the area of the Triangle. Some are transplants who firmly believe they moved to utopia and no one should contradict them. The rest are natives who have become quite gallant in their chest-pounding pride of NC as the newcomers swamp/saturate their locales. The sad thing is, they don't realize that they are being taken advantage of and like locusts, the newcomers will hop the first train out of town when NC/SC/TN start resembling Florida in a few years........
Come on back to the Traingle Forum anytime you feel like it smalltown.

I don't always see eye to eye with your posts but who really cares what I think anyway? I know it is easy to think that everyone in NC hates NY, but keep in mind that the people on citi-data do not properly represent any states population or the overall mentality. There are only like 200,000 members on citi-data that span all 50 states! Hardly a scientific sampling!

I know lots of people who live in NC but love NY. Some are from NY, others aren't. I post postiitve things about the triangle as well as pictures to help newcomers get an idea of some of the areas, but I am not foolish enough to think this place or any place for that matter is a Utopia.

I'm sure you get tired of people bashing NY just as I get tired of people telling me I am brainwashed and just a transient looking for the promised land. It is all quite ridiculous frankly. Neither group should lump all people from any one area togerher with such generalizations. There are jerks in NC and there are jerks in NY. Some of them post on citi-data and some don't. It's a mixed bag.

Anyway, FWIW, I think NY is a great state. Just becasue I live in NC doesn't mean I have to hate the Northeast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York