Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2021, 01:56 PM

3,503 posts, read 1,415,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
People were no better then than now. The government ignored the Spanish Flu in favor of the war effort. Basically it spread like wildfire and most that didn't die from it became immune. In hindsight that's what we should have done and should be doing. Let the vulnerable seek relief from having to go out in public. Let the rest of society thrive.

Every health expert out there has said that this would be a HORRIBLE way to go and will lead to A LOT of deaths. If people just did what they were supposed to, we could've ended this thing in the safest way possible. You can fight me all you want, but people DID NOT do what they were supposed to for these past 18 months. I've seen way too many people not wearing masks, not keeping their distance and many many times, I've encountered sick people in stores coughing like crazy. So I am not convinced that everyone did the right thing.

It's impossible for a virus to spread and mutate if it has no place to go. If people did not spread their germs to others, we could've easily stopped the spread and ended this pandemic. It really is rather frustrating when you think about it because ending this pandemic was really rather easy. But people can't do easy things because the world has gotten dumb!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2021, 02:05 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,085,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Every health expert out there has said that this would be a HORRIBLE way to go and will lead to A LOT of deaths. If people just did what they were supposed to, we could've ended this thing in the safest way possible. You can fight me all you want, but people DID NOT do what they were supposed to for these past 18 months. I've seen way too many people not wearing masks, not keeping their distance and many many times, I've encountered sick people in stores coughing like crazy. So I am not convinced that everyone did the right thing.

It's impossible for a virus to spread and mutate if it has no place to go. If people did not spread their germs to others, we could've easily stopped the spread and ended this pandemic. It really is rather frustrating when you think about it because ending this pandemic was really rather easy. But people can't do easy things because the world has gotten dumb!
You are not going to end it. You have not ended many other viruses, you will not end this one.

The CDC says about 655,000 people die from heart disease each year in the USA. https://www.cdc.gov/heartdisease/facts.htm

660,000 people have died from Covid over the past two years.

Why arent we scared to death of heart disease instead of Covid? Why all the hype and DEMANDS to be vaccinated?

Old 09-16-2021, 03:42 PM

874 posts, read 729,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
You are not going to end it. You have not ended many other viruses, you will not end this one.

The CDC says about 655,000 people die from heart disease each year in the USA. https://www.cdc.gov/heartdisease/facts.htm

Why arent we scared to death of heart disease instead of Covid? Why all the hype and DEMANDS to be vaccinated?

plain and simple, america has been sold off to big pharma.

it works like this. they charge $5000 a person, then at the event big pharma says

"governor if you keep the pandemic going, we will donate big! get you 5 million dollar book deals so you wont get in trouble with finance laws!"

governor says " what do I have to do?"

big pharma says "just mandate mask, and make NY a no jab no job state"

gov says "consider it done!"

wonder why you need aa vaccine passport to eat in NYC and not on LI?

https://buffalonews.com/news/state-a...ea5e6e53f.html

Lt. Gov. Kathy Hochul is expected to host an in-person fundraising event next week—days before she replaces outgoing Gov. Andrew Cuomo, and as she looks to seek a full term as governor in 2022, according to a report. The campaign fundraiser, planned in Hochul’s hometown of Buffalo, was originally expected to happen at her property, but had to be moved as interest in her has grown after Cuomo announced earlier this week he’d resign amid a sexual harassment scandal, CNBC reported.
Sources told CNBC that top tickets for the event could sell for $5,000

https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/fir...afe-productive

On her first day in office, Governor Kathy Hochul announced a new, comprehensive plan to help ensure a safe, productive return to schools this fall in the midst of rising COVID-19 numbers fueled by the Delta variant. As part of this plan, Governor Hochul has directed the New York State Department of Health to institute a universal mask requirement in all schools, public and private, as determined necessary at the discretion of the Commissioner. The Department of Health will issue the requirement through regulatory action established by the Public Health and Health Planning Council.
Governor Hochul will also pursue options to mandate vaccines for school employees or require weekly testing in the absence of vaccines, and will continue to work with the Department of Health, education stakeholders and the Legislature on establishing the mandate.

Old 09-16-2021, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post

Lol, we haven’t even been in this pandemic for 2 years. But don’t worry, by the time we do reach two years, deaths will surpass 1 million at the rate we’re going.

Old 09-16-2021, 07:04 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,085,230 times
Quote:
Lol, we haven’t even been in this pandemic for 2 years. But don’t worry, by the time we do reach two years, deaths will surpass 1 million at the rate we’re going.
Well I’m glad you feel happy. COVID-19 is called COVID-19 because it was discovered in 2019. The first cases in the US appeared in January 2020. It is now September 2021, so in 3 to 4 month it will be 2 years solid in the US.

Since at least 70 percent of the US population is alleged to be vaccinated, are you presuming that about 340,000 people 3/4 of which are vaccinated are going to die in the next 3 or 4 months?

Last edited by ComeCloser; 09-16-2021 at 07:15 PM..

Old 09-16-2021, 07:49 PM

35,098 posts, read 17,051,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticpearl View Post
Anyone else find it interesting that COVID wasn't a threat at the MET gala? Celeb after celeb and not a mask in sight.

But my 3 yr old must wear a mask to school.

I can't believe how many morons have been brainwashed to the extent they think there's an actual threat out there so severe everyone should get jabs and wear masks. Same people enacting these rules and the elites are laughing. They don't wear masks unless on camera. They don't get the jab. They know this is about control.

There were no masks at Pelosi's fancy dinner in Napa. There were no masks at Obama's birthday bash. There were no masks when a private plane full of Dems flew to DC. Congress is exempt from the vax. White House officials are exempt from the vax.

None of this is about the threat of COVID. Wake up.
Maybe no masks but I'm sure all those people were vaccinated. Two different issues. I am fully vaccinated; I don't wear a muzzle unless I'm forced to, my attending a Jackson Browne/James Taylor concert being an exception..

Old 09-16-2021, 07:51 PM

35,098 posts, read 17,051,842 times
Quote:

So if we stay in lockdown, say, six months the virus is going to have magically gone away?

Old 09-16-2021, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
So if we stay in lockdown, say, six months the virus is going to have magically gone away?
Not in lockdown. We can have the economy open, but be prudent about it. We need to stay cautious and not let our guards down. If we can control the spread, we can put an end to this!

We put an end to the Spanish flu and Swine flu, so we can do the same with Coronavirus.

Old 09-16-2021, 09:53 PM

20,066 posts, read 20,877,739 times
Short of complete and total lockdown, it ain’t happening.
And the vaccine is a bust. So now what?

Old 09-16-2021, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Short of complete and total lockdown, it ain’t happening.
And the vaccine is a bust. So now what?
I really wonder if the vaccine is really a bust or just not enough people are getting the shot. All the health experts are saying that the number of people vaccinated is just not enough!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York