Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2021, 07:50 PM

3,504 posts, read 1,415,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepfordct View Post
Vaccinated or not you can spread the disease. If you are concerned about catching CV then get vaxxed!

What about unborn babies ......those bodies don't count?

I'm actually very very happy to see people here are pro-life. I am as well, and as I just mentioned in my previous post, I was just playing devil's advocate, mainly because I've given up arguing against abortion. I've fought many times against it and just fought a losing battle. And being a guy, I was told I have no say in what a woman should do with her body, so I try to stay out of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2021, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
So it is preferable to get the deadly disease from a vaccinated person,right?
No, unvaccinated people are getting infected and infecting more unvaccinated people. That is what Delta is doing. It's so powerful that it's making its way to almost every unvaccinated person out there and may eventually mutate into something that will evade our vaccines and one day, will start infecting the vaccinated. And that is why the unvaccinated are most certainly the ones affecting other people.

Don't forget, if the overwhelming majority of people would have gotten vaccinated, Covid would have been crushed and the world would have been back to normal right now! But nope, it's back to square one and the unvaccinated are to blame. And then people wonder why the government is mandating vaccines!

Old 09-02-2021, 08:25 PM

20,073 posts, read 20,877,739 times
Screw the government. Sick of the over reach.
Have been for years. Damn commie elitist scumbags.

Old 09-03-2021, 03:30 AM

4,004 posts, read 2,085,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
No, unvaccinated people are getting infected and infecting more unvaccinated people. That is what Delta is doing. It's so powerful that it's making its way to almost every unvaccinated person out there and may eventually mutate into something that will evade our vaccines and one day, will start infecting the vaccinated. And that is why the unvaccinated are most certainly the ones affecting other people.

Don't forget, if the overwhelming majority of people would have gotten vaccinated, Covid would have been crushed and the world would have been back to normal right now! But nope, it's back to square one and the unvaccinated are to blame. And then people wonder why the government is mandating vaccines!
Im unvaccinated, work in a hospital of all places with no work from home options, take mass transit every day which now includes exposure to kids, and I am not infected. Whatever is causing the vaccinated or unvaccinated to become infected, I am NOT the culprit.

With The Patients Bill of Rights, and the fact that those shots are considered to be Therapeutics and NOT true vaccines - excuse us for wondering WHY the government is mandating those alleged COVID vaccines?

And if NYS is allowing teachers a mask option, WHY arent all employees allowed a mask option - public or private employees?

Old 09-03-2021, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Im unvaccinated, work in a hospital of all places with no work from home options, take mass transit every day which now includes exposure to kids, and I am not infected. Whatever is causing the vaccinated or unvaccinated to become infected, I am NOT the culprit.

If you're unvaccinated and have not been infected, the consider yourself lucky. But many health experts are saying that it's only a matter of time before you do.

My cousin is a healthcare worker and had the same attitude as you... that he's exposed all day everyday and never got infected. But lo and behold, he recently did contract Covid and got hospitalized. The ironic thing tho is that he is fully vaccinated with Pfizer, so I'm a bit speechless about that.

Old 09-03-2021, 10:27 AM

Quote:
With The Patients Bill of Rights, and the fact that those shots are considered to be Therapeutics and NOT true vaccines - excuse us for wondering WHY the government is mandating those alleged COVID vaccines?
Take the measles, for example. We don't worry about measles anymore because the overwhelming majority of people are immune to it. If we can do the same with Covid, we truly can put an end to this pandemic once and for all!

Old 09-03-2021, 03:43 PM

Quote:
If you're unvaccinated and have not been infected, the consider yourself lucky. But many health experts are saying that it's only a matter of time before you do.

My cousin is a healthcare worker and had the same attitude as you... that he's exposed all day everyday and never got infected. But lo and behold, he recently did contract Covid and got hospitalized. The ironic thing tho is that he is fully vaccinated with Pfizer, so I'm a bit speechless about that.
Sorry to hear that about anyone - I wish him a speedy recovery.

Ive been at my job since long before COVID first hit the US. My job does not involve direct patient contact, but we ride the same transportation to get to the facility, enter through the same doors, get food from the same cafeteria, use the same vending machines and restrooms, walk through the same halls, ride the same elevators, wait in the same lines.

By all rights I should have been infected when most of the people that work on my floor came down with it in the first wave, but no. People I work very closely with had it, not me - no antibodies, nothing. I sincerely hope my winning streak continues.

Old 09-03-2021, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Take the measles, for example. We don't worry about measles anymore because the overwhelming majority of people are immune to it. If we can do the same with Covid, we truly can put an end to this pandemic once and for all!
Sure - When I got my job I was tested - titers done to prove immunity. My immunity was acquired when I was a child from having the measles and the mumps. I also had chicken pox as a child, and numerous other things. You never need measles mumps or rubella boosters once you acquire the natural immunity. And, those vaccines do not prevent you from getting the measles or the mumps.

Smarter people than me are calling the COVID vaccine a therapeutic and not a true vaccine. I know what therapeutics are as it relates to cancer and HIV, but I am not wise enough to get into a discussion regarding how they differ in relation to treating COVID. Maybe its that they try to treat in some way rather than truly prevent, but that's just my best guess at this point.

Last edited by ComeCloser; 09-03-2021 at 04:07 PM..

Old 09-09-2021, 06:05 AM

961 posts, read 2,505,708 times
...At some point...we are just going to have to move on and adapt to this scourge ..which seems to be(will ever stop?) mutating. The folks I know who are the most comfortable with lockdowns /stay at home/and all the other rules and regs, are those who rarely have to leave their home. Meaning those on some kind of guaranteed income, retirement, work from home, or whatever. Maybe if the places they made their absolutely necessary trips to...medical, stores, etc..all got shut down too...they might have a different perspective on all of this. Letting hordes of untested/undocumented people into this country doesn't exactly help this whole health crisis. And...if you want to see a country gone overreach on this whole "thing"...just do a search on Australia....

Old 09-09-2021, 04:06 PM

2,684 posts, read 2,403,544 times
Quote:

But according to the media, this is a pandemic of the unvaccinated and there are only unvaccinated people in hospitals right now (lol!)

Hochul has taken the pulse of New Yorkers and has decided that we are weaklings who need to be controlled. LA just instituted a vax requirement for school children (doesn't get more anti-science than that), so I suspect it's just a matter of time until Hochul brings down the hammer on our kids too. That's where I draw the line- masks are annoying and are delaying the speech development of children, but we're definitely going to move out of the state once they start requiring vax in children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York