Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2021, 10:02 AM

3,515 posts, read 1,420,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
He’s an idiot. He just says whatever they tell him to say.
Every week it’s some new contradictory nonsense and fear mongering.
I don’t think so. The guy obviously has the credentials. But why he keeps giving stupid advice is beyond me…
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2021, 11:45 AM

20,090 posts, read 20,897,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
I don’t think so. The guy obviously has the credentials. But why he keeps giving stupid advice is beyond me…
He’s a mouthpiece on the payroll. He’ll say and push whatever he is told to.
And, you can have a wall full of framed expensive papers hanging all over it and still be an idiot.

Old 09-14-2021, 02:08 PM

35,123 posts, read 17,080,545 times
Quote:
Quote:
He’s a mouthpiece on the payroll. He’ll say and push whatever he is told to.
And, you can have a wall full of framed expensive papers hanging all over it and still be an idiot.
he and I are both Cornell alums so I have to give him somewhat of a pass. That being said, I think that no one has much real information on the Coronavirus. To the extent it exists I think the "information" is that its ability to spread and get people sick is more or less a random walk.

For example, my father-in-law went Covid+ on or shortly before December 22, 2020. He died on January 27, 2021 of heart conditions he had been battling for at least 40 years, if not longer. He never had Covid symptoms such as cough or fever. My wife went in to visit him quite a few times, both at home and in two hospitalizations, both in the "Covid" areas of the hospital. She never got sick or tested positive. His wife never got sick or tested positive. His wife is physically not well; my wife is quite well.

As for myself, I rode the train to work through March 13, 2020, went to theater and otherwise was out and about. I never got sick though I did have weird odor in my nose for much of late February and early March 2020 that didn't totally disappear until May 2020. I had an antibody test on April 29, 2020 that was negative, about the only time in my life I wanted a medical test to be "positive."

In other words people in a position of responsibility need to appear smart even if the "experts" know only a little more than the average intelligent person.

Old 09-14-2021, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berniess View Post
besides NYC, is there a vaccine passport being implemented elsewhere in NY, like long island or upstate?

if not, i wonder why not , since who is going to stop the state govt from doing the same as NYC did?
I have the NYS Excelsior Pass. Here is a redacted copy of mine:

jbgusa

If you are a New Yorker who was vaccinated in New York this takes about 75 seconds to get.

Old 09-14-2021, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
he and I are both Cornell alums so I have to give him somewhat of a pass. That being said, I think that no one has much real information on the Coronavirus. To the extent it exists I think the "information" is that its ability to spread and get people sick is more or less a random walk.

For example, my father-in-law went Covid+ on or shortly before December 22, 2020. He died on January 27, 2021 of heart conditions he had been battling for at least 40 years, if not longer. He never had Covid symptoms such as cough or fever. My wife went in to visit him quite a few times, both at home and in two hospitalizations, both in the "Covid" areas of the hospital. She never got sick or tested positive. His wife never got sick or tested positive. His wife is physically not well; my wife is quite well.

As for myself, I rode the train to work through March 13, 2020, went to theater and otherwise was out and about. I never got sick though I did have weird odor in my nose for much of late February and early March 2020 that didn't totally disappear until May 2020. I had an antibody test on April 29, 2020 that was negative, about the only time in my life I wanted a medical test to be "positive."

In other words people in a position of responsibility need to appear smart even if the "experts" know only a little more than the average intelligent person.
I would prefer honesty, that’s all.
“Hey, we don’t have a clue, we’re figuring it out as we go along”
I could totally respect that and be cool with it.
Instead of every few weeks it’s new gospel.
Be honest about the shot. It’s nowhere near a silver bullet.
Just say it. Admit it. And stop trying to turn Americans against each other.
But no. This jerk goes up there and says what they want, or spins it in their favor.
He’s constantly contradicting himself and data.

Old 09-14-2021, 03:48 PM

Quote:
“Hey, we don’t have a clue, we’re figuring it out as we go along” I could totally respect that and be cool with it.
You and I could take that. How many others could?
Quote:
That one is a vast improvement over the status quo ante.
Quote:
It was first the Democrats who instilled fear in any vaccine developed on Trump's watch, and favored lockdowns. I cannot countenance the reversal of positions on both sides.
Quote:
But no. This jerk goes up there and says what they want, or spins it in their favor. He’s constantly contradicting himself and data.
Again it's babbling by him, without knowing.

Old 09-14-2021, 04:08 PM

https://longisland.news12.com/judge-...WZylD24F0jMgK8

Wow.

Old 09-14-2021, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berniess View Post
besides NYC, is there a vaccine passport being implemented elsewhere in NY, like long island or upstate?

if not, i wonder why not , since who is going to stop the state govt from doing the same as NYC did?
I went to Long Island today and went to the mall. I ate at the food court and was not asked to show any vaccine passport.

So it seems like just a NYC thing.

Old 09-14-2021, 04:41 PM

Quote:
“Hey, we don’t have a clue, we’re figuring it out as we go along”
I could totally respect that and be cool with it.
But no. This jerk goes up there and says what they want, or spins it in their favor.
He’s constantly contradicting himself and data.

That's the thing that pissed me off. Back in May, it's like...you can take off your mask because the vaccine gives high levels of protection and breakthrough infections are not contagious. Many people fought Fauci against this, but he insisted and was like... trust me, it's ok to take off your mask. And now, it's like... vaccinated people should wear a mask because breakthrough infection are now contagious.

Mind you, the Delta variant was spreading like wildfire in India at the time when Fauci was preaching about how safe it was to take off your mask. Why didn't he say this that there hasn't been enough study on the Delta variant yet?

Like you said, HONESTY!! Fauci said, ok take of your mask. And now, oh wait, don't take off your mask! It's leading to confusion. If he would have admitted from the get go that he wasn't sure about the Delta variant, then he should have spoken up and said that! But he acted like he knew it all and that's why he flip flops too much.

Old 09-14-2021, 04:48 PM

Quote:
That's the thing that pissed me off. Back in May, it's like...you can take off your mask because the vaccine gives high levels of protection and breakthrough infections are not contagious. Many people fought Fauci against this, but he insisted and was like... trust me, it's ok to take off your mask. And now, it's like... vaccinated people should wear a mask because breakthrough infection are now contagious.

Mind you, the Delta variant was spreading like wildfire in India at the time when Fauci was preaching about how safe it was to take off your mask. Why didn't he say this that there hasn't been enough study on the Delta variant yet?

Like you said, HONESTY!! Fauci said, ok take of your mask. And now, oh wait, don't take off your mask! It's leading to confusion. If he would have admitted from the get go that he wasn't sure about the Delta variant, then he should have spoken up and said that! But he acted like he knew it all and that's why he flip flops too much.
From now on his nickname is “Dr. Flounder”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York