Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2021, 08:17 AM

8,944 posts, read 4,812,479 times

Advertisements

FYI

https://www.amny.com/news/hochul-ann...-support-fund/

Governor Kathy Hochul on Monday announced a new $539 million state fund to help homeowners who are behind on mortgage payments and property taxes.

The so-called Homeowner Assistance Fund will open to applications on Jan. 3, targeting low- to middle-income property owners, Hochul said during a Dec. 6 press conference.

“This is the lifeline that they’ve been waiting for. We are very anxious to get this out to people in need,” the governor told reporters at her Manhattan office.

The state launched a website and a hotline to apply for the new fund which will provide up to six months of housing payments, or a maximum of $50,000 per household.

“We want to make this simple, make sure that people understand how to apply, learn from some of our past examples of getting federal dollars out and streamlining it,” Hochul said. “This should not be so complicated [that] people give up and that’s what we’ve seen in the past.”

Past pandemic aid for the state’s renters known as the Emergency Rental Assistance Program was held up for months under Hochul’s predecessor, disgraced ex-Governor Andrew Cuomo.

The money comes from a dedicated $10 billion pot of federal funds under the March American Rescue Plan, and can help homeowners who are behind on mortgage payments, property taxes, water or sewer bills, as well as co-op and condo owners who need to make up maintenance fees.

“We’ll be processing applications as they come in, first come first serve, and we are prioritizing homeowners who are already in litigation, those who are most at risk of being evicted from their homes, and we’ll protect those highest at risk of being displacement [sic],” Hochul told reporters.

To be eligible, households must be at or below 100% of AMI, a federally designated figure which in the New York City region is $107,400 for a family of three.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2021, 10:33 AM

5,788 posts, read 4,166,439 times
How about remove all the covid orders and let people go back to work and pay their own bills and rent. This just puts us futher in debt and more dependant on the government

Old 12-07-2021, 12:47 PM

11,669 posts, read 18,010,421 times
Nice. I wish Kathy was my governor. I'm stuck with literally the worst governor in the USA who is responsible for killing 61,000 people and dictating what businesses and schools can do about masks and vaccines. He is more interested in "sticking it" to Joe Biden than helping the people of Florida.

Good job Kathy. Lower and middle income people need help the most and I'm glad to see them receive it. It is absolutely the government's responsibility to guarantee that citizens can have a decent life. Promoting "personal responsibility" is a capitalist scam that urges people to get back to work for low wages and exploit them. Without the workers, the capitalists cannot attain more wealth.

The only way capitalists can make profit is to pay workers LESS than the value of goods and services the workers produce.

Old 12-07-2021, 12:48 PM

3,058 posts, read 3,840,625 times
Isn't it comforting to know that your neighbor, who quit their job during Covid because they were "scared" (but will go to a restaurant) will now have his mortgage paid while you kept your job and worked through the pandemic, but you get nothing...

Old 12-07-2021, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Nice. I wish Kathy was my governor. I'm stuck with literally the worst governor in the USA who is responsible for killing 61,000 people and dictating what businesses can do about masks and vaccines. He is more interested in "sticking it" to Joe Biden than helping the people of Florida.

Good job Kathy. Lower and middle income people need help the most and I'm glad to see them receive it. It is absolutely the government's responsibility to guarantee that citizens can have a decent life. "Personal responsibility" is a capitalist scam that urges people to get back to work for low wages and exploit them. Without the workers, the capitalists cannot attain more wealth.
HAHAHHA. DeSantis will be the next president. Mark my words. He's one of the most loved governors in the country.

You're always contemplating new places to live, week in and week out, honestly you should just move to Venezuela, you'll be a lot happier there.

Old 12-07-2021, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSunlight View Post
HAHAHHA. DeSantis will be the next president. Mark my words. He's one of the most loved governors in the country.

You're always contemplating new places to live, week in and week out, honestly you should just move to Venezuela, you'll be a lot happier there.
Maybe he will be the next president. Sadly, this country is falling rapidly into right wing authoritarianism and stripping away DEMOCRACY.

Ahhh..... The good old "but Venezuela" arguments.

If the election were held today, Biden would defeat Trump again. His net approval rating is still better than Trump's net approval rating for his entire term!

Old 12-07-2021, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Maybe he will be the next president. Sadly, this country is falling rapidly into right wing authoritarianism and stripping away DEMOCRACY.

Ahhh..... The good old "but Venezuela" arguments.

If the election were held today, Biden would defeat Trump again. His net approval rating is still better than Trump's net approval rating for his entire term!
Right wing authoritarianism?! Holy cow. Things must be vastly different in Florida than here.

Where is it this week, that you want to move to? Rochester? Omaha? I can't keep up.

Since you poo poo'ed the Venezuela idea, try San Francisco or LA. Oh that's right you don't like high crime. You like all the left wing ideas, but none of the consequences. Got it.

Old 12-07-2021, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSunlight View Post
Right wing authoritarianism?! Holy cow. Things must be vastly different in Florida than here.

Where is it this week, that you want to move to? Rochester? Omaha? I can't keep up.

Since you poo poo'ed the Venezuela idea, try San Francisco or LA. Oh that's right you don't like high crime. You like all the left wing ideas, but none of the consequences. Got it.
Reminder: 75% of US GDP comes from blue states.

And high crime is in cities all over the country regardless of which party is in control. You are severely brainwashed by right wing media who repeatedly tries to push a narrative that Democratic cities are disasters, when in fact, they're no different than Republican cities. I myself LIVE in a Republican controlled city and it's the murder capital of Florida, with widespread poverty, homelessness and CRIME. Many other examples like San Antonio, Fort worth, etc. But go ahead and blame Democrats.

Republicans want to keep people poor, uneducated, without healthcare, no worker protections, no LGBT protections, and don't give a hoot about the environment at all. They can't win national elections without making it harder for people of color to vote by reducing polling locations, cutting voting hours, gerrymandering districts and intimidating voters. Democratic policies are more POPULAR and once they become law, they become incredibly difficult to dismantle.

Old 12-07-2021, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Reminder: 75% of US GDP comes from blue states.

And high crime is in cities all over the country regardless of which party is in control. You are severely brainwashed by right wing media who repeatedly tries to push a narrative that Democratic cities are disasters, when in fact, they're no different than Republican cities. I myself LIVE in a Republican controlled city and it's the murder capital of Florida, with widespread poverty, homelessness and CRIME. Many other examples like San Antonio, Fort worth, etc. But go ahead and blame Democrats.

Oligarchs want to keep people poor, uneducated, without healthcare, no worker protections, no LGBT protections, and don't give a hoot about the environment at all. They can't win national elections without making it harder for people of color to vote by reducing polling locations, cutting voting hours, gerrymandering districts and intimidating voters. Democratic policies are more POPULAR and once they become law, they become incredibly difficult to dismantle.

There, I changed it for you.

Blue states have most of the major cities. Major cities create most of the revenue in the US.

They must be showing you different ads on Grindr than they're showing me on Guns and Ammo. Damn Big Tech. I'm also not a Republican, so there goes that argument. Registered Independent, always will be.

You seem to have bought into the CNN narrative. Nothing I say here is gonna change your mind. If you truly think White people are intimidating Black people at polls, and gays have no rights, literally nothing will change your worldview.

I strongly suggest you look into eating some red pills and looking into some alternative media.

Old 12-07-2021, 04:36 PM

1,565 posts, read 794,437 times
Quote:
Nice. I wish Kathy was my governor. I'm stuck with literally the worst governor in the USA who is responsible for killing 61,000 people and dictating what businesses and schools can do about masks and vaccines. He is more interested in "sticking it" to Joe Biden than helping the people of Florida.

Good job Kathy. Lower and middle income people need help the most and I'm glad to see them receive it. It is absolutely the government's responsibility to guarantee that citizens can have a decent life. Promoting "personal responsibility" is a capitalist scam that urges people to get back to work for low wages and exploit them. Without the workers, the capitalists cannot attain more wealth.

The only way capitalists can make profit is to pay workers LESS than the value of goods and services the workers produce.
In 2018 Florida had 50k more deaths than New York. So Florida with 61k covid deaths vs 57k foe new York suggests to me New York is doing worse. I don’t care about politics. I care about the numbers. New York has many more residents.

Average age in Florida is 42. New York is 36.

The death rate for covid per 100k is much higher in New York than Florida also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York