Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2021, 09:24 AM

1,962 posts, read 1,836,801 times

Advertisements

People still wear masks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2021, 01:06 AM

3,550 posts, read 1,464,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc99 View Post
I do the same thing. But if a business owner has a sign asking customers to mask up, I will. It's their space and their choice and I respect their wishes.

I disagree. Businesses have no right to ask people to wear a mask, especially since masks are nothing but a political statement. I refuse to do anything for political reasons. That's just stupid. I, personally, am no longer carrying a mask with me anymore. It's time to get back to normal already. If a business gives me a beef about it, well then things are going to get real ugly!

Old 12-16-2021, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt87 View Post
People still wear masks?
I know, right? We were told back in the Spring that once you're vaccinated, you can take off your mask and get back to normal. That statement should still stand! I'm vaccinated, so I'm going back to normal. Time to move forward, not backwards.

Old 05-08-2022, 08:05 AM

79 posts, read 54,246 times
The vaccines don't 100% protect us from the virus, so wearing a mask is still a must to prevent it.

Old 05-09-2022, 07:18 PM

35,449 posts, read 17,354,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marieleia View Post
The vaccines don't 100% protect us from the virus, so wearing a mask is still a must to prevent it.
You really think those blue pieces of paper 100% protect you? I take it you're joking.

Old 05-09-2022, 07:27 PM

9,519 posts, read 11,282,244 times
This is about power and control. It always has been.
Wearing a mask symbolizes your surrender and submission to The Almighty State. Formerly known as our public servants.

Old 05-12-2022, 05:16 AM

962 posts, read 2,517,904 times
I can think of 3 individuals who still mask up..EVERYWHERE...once they step outside the interior of their residence..wether there are other people around or not...and probably will do..till they are no longer here. They all share some commonalities: single, live alone, and all have led very careful, safe, risk free lives. I won't much see them in person anymore....mainly, because...after wearing that mask..getting those shots..over the past 2+ years....I am about done "with all of that".

Old 05-15-2022, 04:46 PM

35,449 posts, read 17,354,263 times
I saw someone riding a bicycle, alone, on the side of the Bronx River Reservation in New York, masked. As for a possible reason for this madness, see Pulitzer Prize-Winning Health Journalist ... - Trending Politics.

Old 05-16-2022, 04:45 AM

136 posts, read 136,696 times
For a couple of reasons.
There are a sizeable number of people who are mentally ill who will probably wear a mask the rest of their lives. They've, quite simply, become members of the cult of the mask. They don't remember life without a mask and if they do, they don't want to return to those days.
Secondly, a whole bunch of people in government got their rocks off lording it over the general population. Don't forget that a whole lot of people go into politics not to make society a better place, but for the power and wealth they can accumulate. So the power they've wielded for the last two years has been substantial. Imagine the power of being able to tell someone they had to stay home Indefinitely because their job is "non-essential". No job is non-essential, but these people thought that they could dictate that sort of thing. So by Kate 2020 we had people who were running around without masks and enjoying life the way it's meant to be lived. These people who thrive on the personal power they'd had couldn't have that. It would mean they were again insignificant little civil servants noone had heard of it cared about. Be honest, before January of 2020 how many of us had heard of that little garden gnome Dr Fauchi? No one, that's right. So the idiots didn't want to give up their new-found power. They had to have the general population still genuflecting to them. The easiest way to visibly show subservience to the government power elites was forcing everyone to stay masked. So within months we were all back in masks. And if the elites had their way it will always stay that way. And the mask cultists will happily go along with it because they can no longer imagine any other existence

Old 05-16-2022, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
You really think those blue pieces of paper 100% protect you? I take it you're joking.
Why do health care workers wear masks then? For fashion?

And I don't think anyone ever claimed they are 100%. Nothing is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York