Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2023, 08:10 AM

93,201 posts, read 123,819,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWRocks View Post
What's interesting is, Rochester is represented as the top 5, top 8/10 and top 15/20 in the hottest housing markets upstate, but barely represented in the family friendly tally, when it usually fares well, family wise.
That is why these lists have to be taken with a grain of salt. Especially if the criteria used differs between them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2023, 08:17 AM

You also have this segment which refers to housing unit growth in the Capital Region: https://www.city-data.com/forum/65460787-post10.html

Old 07-01-2023, 11:08 AM

3,510 posts, read 9,422,875 times
https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...ch/Syracuse_NY

If you search through the homes for sale in the suburbs of Syracuse, NY on realtor.com right now like about 80 percent listed are either pending or contingent.

Homebuyers will need good luck if they are looking for a house in the Syracuse, NY suburbs right now.

Old 07-01-2023, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellafinzi View Post
https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...ch/Syracuse_NY

If you search through the homes for sale in the suburbs of Syracuse, NY on realtor.com right now like about 80 percent listed are either pending or contingent.

Homebuyers will need good luck if they are looking for a house in the Syracuse, NY suburbs right now.
That is in general to be honest. It is pretty much a similar story across the country.

Old 07-01-2023, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
That is in general to be honest. It is pretty much a similar story across the country.
It is just the Syracuse suburbs, not even the Rochester, NY area has that high percentage of homes pending or contingent .

Research it yourself. For some reason information Syracuse's housing market demand is under reported.

Old 07-02-2023, 08:13 AM

Quote:
It is just the Syracuse suburbs, not even the Rochester, NY area has that high percentage of homes pending or contingent .

Research it yourself. For some reason information Syracuse's housing market demand is under reported.
Well, there is a thread in the Syracuse forum that stated that the area would be a housing market to look into(the top 12 housing market thread).

I’m also talking about how the supply in relation to demand is high pretty much everywhere and in turn, is why prices are higher in general. What helps the Syracuse area and Upstate NY in general is that the prices are still comparatively lower than most places across the country.

If you go on another similar forum, you would see when the topic is brought up, the housing market in the area is competitive. This is also why I asked about the criteria, as it may only cover select parts of towns(CDPs), villages and city neighborhoods. That leaves out non CDP parts of towns and this doesn’t get into the type of housing that the list may or may not cover(condos, attached housing, etc.).

Old 07-02-2023, 09:33 AM

Realtor.com is where homes are advertised. Most homes advertised in the Syracuse suburbs are pending or contingent, if you search other metropolitan areas, the percentage of homes pending or contingent are much lower.

Prove me wrong. Name a metropolitan area that has most homes pending or contingent on Realtor.com and I'll research it. I looked at hot housig markets like Albany, Rochester,NY and Austin plus a few others but none came close to how many homes are pending or contingent in the Syracuse,NY market.

Old 07-02-2023, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Realtor.com is where homes are advertised. Most homes advertised in the Syracuse suburbs are pending or contingent, if you search other metropolitan areas, the percentage of homes pending or contingent are much lower.

Prove me wrong. Name a metropolitan area that has most homes pending or contingent on Realtor.com and I'll research it. I looked at hot housig markets like Albany, Rochester,NY and Austin plus a few others but none came close to how many homes are pending or contingent in the Syracuse,NY market.
I know what you are saying. My point is that this isn’t exclusive to Syracuse, as there is a list of areas in the other thread I referred to that are/were slated for similar results. Plus, many homes have been bought by companies/investors. So, it may not be exclusively for or by families.

This is the article/thread: https://www.city-data.com/forum/syra...up-coming.html

Also, I posted a segment about the Capital Region building more units. So, that could explain Albany. It is literally a few posts up.

Rochester has Ontario County in the metro, which has been a growing county.

Austin has been growing for a while.

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 07-02-2023 at 10:18 AM..

Old 07-03-2023, 09:06 AM

Three Upstate NY Metropolitan Areas are in the top 13 highest home value growth.

Syracuse 6th
Rochester 10th
Albany 12th

Data from Reventure app

Highest Home value growth in Metropolitan Areas over 500,000 in May 2022 to May 2023 ranked

1. El Paso 9.1 percent
2. Winston Salem 8.6 percent
3. Wichita 7.5
4. Greensboro 7.3
5. Harrisburg 6.8
6. Syracuse, NY 6.7
7. Tulsa 6.7
8. Richmond 6.4
9. Columbia, SC 6.3
10. Rochester, NY 5.8
11. Oklahoma City 5.7
12. Albany, NY 5.6
13. Greenville SC 5.6

Old 07-03-2023, 09:50 AM

5,682 posts, read 4,084,462 times
Quote:

The official web site of the Greater Rochester realtors is https://www.homesteadnet.com/ . That's the one I use, and it seems as soon as a property is under contract, it is removed from the website
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York