Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2024, 08:23 PM

1,464 posts, read 755,856 times

Advertisements

“In some areas of the federal budget, the State fared comparatively well. New York, with 6.1 percent of the nation’s population, received higher percentages of federal spending for Medicaid, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance and certain other safety net programs, for example.“

^ From posted article above. They really do say anything. The article is 4 years ago.

Newer data shows below

“ In Federal Fiscal Year (FFY) 2020, New York State generated $250 billion in federal taxes, and benefited from $396 billion in federal spending. For every tax dollar paid to Washington, our State received $1.59 in return”

https://www.osc.ny.gov/reports/new-y...20of%20%241.92.

Based on federal receipts and outlays analyzed for this report, New York State received $146 billion, or $7,236 per capita, more in federal spending than it paid in total taxes to the federal government in FFY 2020. In total, New York generated less in tax payments than in the prior year—about $250 billion compared to $265 billion—while it received $154 billion more in expenditures, for a total of $396 billion. New York still paid a high level of total and per capita federal taxes, ranking fourth nationally on the latter measure, but the per capita federal expenditures New York received in 2020 were higher than in two-thirds of all states.

“ New York’s share of national spending in this category was 7.5 percent; per capita spending in the State was $3,228, 23 percent higher than the national average, ranking it 14th among all states. Such spending contributed significantly to New York’s rise in the balance of payments ranking from 49th in 2019 to 40th in 2020. States with smaller populations received the most per capita spending—North Dakota, Wyoming, South Dakota, Vermont and Alaska ranked at the top—and middle-size states received the least, with South Carolina, North Carolina, Arizona, Arkansas and Kentucky ranked the lowest.”

And don’t forget during shut down a major city needs money.

“With the exception of the Coronavirus Relief Fund, New York received above or close to the same amount as the national average in per capita spending for the specific programs noted above. Not surprisingly, spending per capita for transit relief was almost three times the national average, ranking New York first. New York also received 89 percent more per capita than the nationwide average in spending through the various healthcare provider relief funds, ranking it third. In this subcategory, Nevada and Maine received more than New York and Utah ranked last.”

All New York .gov data

Last edited by 94nasupra; 02-28-2024 at 08:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2024, 04:16 AM

16,028 posts, read 6,831,160 times
Excerpt:
with 6.1 percent of the nation’s population, received higher percentages of federal spending for Medicaid, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance and certain other safety net programs

For every tax dollar paid to Washington, our State received $1.59 in return”

Hmmmmm.
Spending money to make or waste money ?

What a novel idea.
Where do people think this money comes from ?
Just the Printing Press?

Opened up my tax bill. Yup............another increase in property tax. Lovely.

Old 02-29-2024, 04:59 AM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94nasupra View Post
“In some areas of the federal budget, the State fared comparatively well. New York, with 6.1 percent of the nation’s population, received higher percentages of federal spending for Medicaid, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance and certain other safety net programs, for example.“

^ From posted article above. They really do say anything. The article is 4 years ago.

Newer data shows below

“ In Federal Fiscal Year (FFY) 2020, New York State generated $250 billion in federal taxes, and benefited from $396 billion in federal spending. For every tax dollar paid to Washington, our State received $1.59 in return”

https://www.osc.ny.gov/reports/new-y...20of%20%241.92.

Based on federal receipts and outlays analyzed for this report, New York State received $146 billion, or $7,236 per capita, more in federal spending than it paid in total taxes to the federal government in FFY 2020. In total, New York generated less in tax payments than in the prior year—about $250 billion compared to $265 billion—while it received $154 billion more in expenditures, for a total of $396 billion. New York still paid a high level of total and per capita federal taxes, ranking fourth nationally on the latter measure, but the per capita federal expenditures New York received in 2020 were higher than in two-thirds of all states.

“ New York’s share of national spending in this category was 7.5 percent; per capita spending in the State was $3,228, 23 percent higher than the national average, ranking it 14th among all states. Such spending contributed significantly to New York’s rise in the balance of payments ranking from 49th in 2019 to 40th in 2020. States with smaller populations received the most per capita spending—North Dakota, Wyoming, South Dakota, Vermont and Alaska ranked at the top—and middle-size states received the least, with South Carolina, North Carolina, Arizona, Arkansas and Kentucky ranked the lowest.”

And don’t forget during shut down a major city needs money.

“With the exception of the Coronavirus Relief Fund, New York received above or close to the same amount as the national average in per capita spending for the specific programs noted above. Not surprisingly, spending per capita for transit relief was almost three times the national average, ranking New York first. New York also received 89 percent more per capita than the nationwide average in spending through the various healthcare provider relief funds, ranking it third. In this subcategory, Nevada and Maine received more than New York and Utah ranked last.”

All New York .gov data
Yeah Hellupinharlem is not someone worth debating. They support that sav Yusef Salaam.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 02-29-2024, 06:21 AM

1,239 posts, read 311,180 times
Wait. Wait . Wait . Wait.

I remember not too long ago when the DEI crowd would push the meme that NY paid far more into federal coffers than it got back. This was very obviously a lie but I’ve heard it far less the past few years.

All they do is lie.

Old 03-01-2024, 07:07 AM

7,903 posts, read 7,875,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Yeah Hellupinharlem is not someone worth debating. They support that sav Yusef Salaam.
i spare myself from debating you cause u support the criminally indicted former president. i don't like sparring you all on the right. most of you are insane and delusional.

Old 03-01-2024, 07:10 AM

7,903 posts, read 7,875,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94nasupra View Post
The article is 4 years ago.
it does not matter when the article was published. we in 2024 still support red states. keep up.

Old 03-01-2024, 09:37 AM

1,239 posts, read 311,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
i spare myself from debating you cause u support the criminally indicted former president. i don't like sparring you all on the right. most of you are insane and delusional.
Wait. I thought the DEI crowd always told us that felons should get second chances and criminal records were just a byproduct of a corrupt justice system?

Old 03-01-2024, 10:44 AM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Quote:
I don’t support Trump. You’re delusional too I guess.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 03-01-2024, 04:51 PM

16,028 posts, read 6,831,160 times
It'd like a fight I can think back too

Leonard vs Hearns II.

Judges awarded Leonard a decision and a draw.
True Fight fans know Leonard lost the fight.
Hearns Knocked Leonard down 3 times ( one ruled haha... a slip )
Leonard admitted years later on T.V. Hearns won the fight.

Now replace Hearns with Trump..............and Leonard with Biden.
Nuff said.

Old 03-01-2024, 04:54 PM

1,464 posts, read 755,856 times
Quote:
it does not matter when the article was published. we in 2024 still support red states. keep up.
I said the article was 4 years ago. The numbers you posted were 7 years ago. Read your own articles. Your entire statement is false. Nys’s own website even admits it since 2020.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York