Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2019, 09:51 AM

6,137 posts, read 3,861,014 times

Advertisements

https://www.census.gov/newsroom/pres...ojections.html

https://www.census.gov/newsroom/pres...ojections.html

https://nces.ed.gov/programs/coe/indicator_cha.asp

Democrats want to cover nearly 90 million from birth to 23 years old with one expensive "education" scheme after another. There will be 78 million people on retirement programs with SS, Medicare, state or local pensions.

In 2030, with the aging of the population and the millennials children being covered with free childcare, free K-12 and then free college there will be up to 168 million on one expensive scheme or another, the issue is that there will be around 355 million people.

78 million Americans in 2030 will Medicare aged, OASDI, government pensions

76.7 million children a vast majority in public schools and some Democrats want free child care for birth to 5 years old.

13.7 million in public colleges which Bernie Sanders want to make free
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2019, 09:53 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,468,058 times
We may have to start taxing the wealthy again. Oh the humanity!

Old 09-07-2019, 10:10 AM

1,137 posts, read 448,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
We may have to start taxing the wealthy again. Oh the humanity!

What a joke that is. If you took everything the wealthy in America had, all 100%, you couldn't fund America for a year. We don't need to tax anyone more. We need to spend less. That starts by ending this insane idea we should give everyone free stuff. There is no constitutional right to getting free education, healthcare, food or anything else. While helping the needy may be virtuous, it doesn't alleviate poverty.

In addition we need to find a way to incentivize people to have smaller families if they can not afford to care for large families without government assistance. The world including the USA is over populated. I don't believe in communist style rules like one child per family. But I believe our system should give tax incentives for having small families, not large ones.

We need to stop the flow of money from producers to non producers, and this should start with our government. The biggest drain on our economy is the government. Every penny they spend was taken from taxpayers. The system is so bloated with waste and corruption, I would bet it spends at minimum twice what it would have to if it were run properly. And they want control of more, like health care and energy.

I am so tired of this, tax the rich mantra. It is not only not going to happen, but even if it did, it wouldn't work. The rich would simply flee the country. They can afford to leave anytime they want. And even if you seized all their money, it wouldn't do anything to save our economy. That money would be gone in less than a year, and the jobs the wealthy create would be gone with it. Then the only ones left would be the middle class and poor. Then the middle class become poor and the poor become the starving.

Old 09-07-2019, 10:42 AM

24,469 posts, read 17,211,031 times
It will collapse if the ridiculous spending that the Democrat candidates are proposing ever gets implemented. Who but a politician can think it is a good idea to give away everything for Free while taxing the rest of us to pay for it?

There are people that really need public assistance to get by but there are also many that do not need it while others that are simply scamming the system. The Democrats don't seem to care about the waste in these systems often citing that it will cost more to stop it than to just keep handing it out. Florida tried tying welfare to drug testing and that was a big disaster.

We need to get spending under control and cut out the waste or America will collapse into a dystopian society where there are those at the top living the high life of luxury and then the rest of us living like we are in a post apocalyptic movie.

Old 09-07-2019, 10:55 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,468,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miquel_westano View Post
What a joke that is. If you took everything the wealthy in America had, all 100%, you couldn't fund America for a year. We don't need to tax anyone more. We need to spend less. That starts by ending this insane idea we should give everyone free stuff. There is no constitutional right to getting free education, healthcare, food or anything else. While helping the needy may be virtuous, it doesn't alleviate poverty.

In addition we need to find a way to incentivize people to have smaller families if they can not afford to care for large families without government assistance. The world including the USA is over populated. I don't believe in communist style rules like one child per family. But I believe our system should give tax incentives for having small families, not large ones.

We need to stop the flow of money from producers to non producers, and this should start with our government. The biggest drain on our economy is the government. Every penny they spend was taken from taxpayers. The system is so bloated with waste and corruption, I would bet it spends at minimum twice what it would have to if it were run properly. And they want control of more, like health care and energy.

I am so tired of this, tax the rich mantra. It is not only not going to happen, but even if it did, it wouldn't work. The rich would simply flee the country. They can afford to leave anytime they want. And even if you seized all their money, it wouldn't do anything to save our economy. That money would be gone in less than a year, and the jobs the wealthy create would be gone with it. Then the only ones left would be the middle class and poor. Then the middle class become poor and the poor become the starving.
Where would the rich flee to and not pay taxes? Somalia or perhaps Botswana?
Should all of the free stuff end today the GOP would never win another election. Their base receives the bulk of the free stuff.
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...curity/516861/

Old 09-07-2019, 11:09 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,112,435 times
Quote:

Im not saying all rich people, but I can see why people are enticed. The rich are seen as controlling everything and can get away with just about everything.

In the eyes of a poor person its like “whats the big deal? Your still rich in the end..”

Old 09-07-2019, 11:12 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,957,401 times
Quote:

Just a simple question to you:

Currently, a person who is born disabled and cant work get a maximum of $700 a month to survive on, most of the time significantly less than that. Do you support cutting this further or do you think it is a disgrace that the disabled have to live in dire poverty to survive?

Old 09-07-2019, 11:34 AM

4,505 posts, read 1,861,709 times
I have encountered several “disabled” people in my life mooching off SSDI.

From the best I could tell, they were all capable of working, I knew for a fact that one of them was working a side job making cash under the table and a level 7 TDS Democrat.

Old 09-07-2019, 11:36 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,112,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
I have encountered several “disabled” people in my life mooching off SSDI.

From the best I could tell, they were all capable of working, I knew for a fact that one of them was working a side job making cash under the table and a level 7 TDS Democrat.
This guy met all disable people by meeting a few “disabled” people.

Case closed.

Old 09-07-2019, 11:42 AM

4,505 posts, read 1,861,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
This guy met all disable people by meeting a few “disabled” people.

Case closed.
I would love to know what percentage of SSDI recipients have a history of obesity or drug abuse. It has to be incredibly high. These slobs shouldn’t be stealing from the productive individuals who are funding the system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies