Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2007, 05:52 PM

7 posts, read 40,741 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone.. would love some help..

I am headed there Saturday on a date.. It's a 1/2 way point for me and a special someone. I just want to make sure that these eateries are still open. I'd even do a diner.. Just don't want to be the ONLY couple in the place.. lol.. Is there anything up in Roscoe that we can do for the day after lunch? Parks or anything for us to see?

Here is what I have... let me know if you suggest any of these, or you suggest someplace different..

Bufalo Zach's
Fairway Inn (Is this a restaurant?)
Lanza's Country Inn
Live Bait, Bar & Grill
Raimondo's Pizzaria
Riverside Cafe
Rockland House
Roscoe Diner
Spiros

Thanks in advance,
Jenny
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2007, 06:06 PM

417 posts, read 1,891,867 times
Can't say I've had great luck with food in Roscoe....
Zack's is kind of cheesy (and I don't mean 'dairy').
Spiro's is OK, and pretty busy on weekends.
Rockland House is dull but OK and you get a lot for your $. It's a huge place.
The diner is..... a diner. And a little on the expensive side for that.
I think Live Bait is more of a bar than a restaurant... but I'm not sure.
If I've eaten in the other places they didn't leave an impression.
Nothing in Roscoe is 'haute cuisine,' that's for sure.

edited-
I just saw that you're talking about lunch... Zach's is actually OK for lunch, and you probaby won't be the only ones in the place. I'm not sure if Spiro's or the Rockland House are open for lunch...

Last edited by honeychrome; 03-27-2007 at 06:08 PM.. Reason: new info

Old 03-28-2007, 06:40 PM

Default Thank you!

Thank you so much! Thanks for taking the time!! I totally appreciate it..

JenNY

PS--Any local parks or places to go for walks in that area?

Old 03-28-2007, 07:12 PM

417 posts, read 1,891,867 times
I only pass through Roscoe and stop to eat now and then, so I don't know about parks, etc. in the area. There is a lot of state land in the general area, so certainly there are hiking trails, but this probably isn't the best time of year for that (upstate NY has Summer, Fall, Winter and Mud, as you likely know already). I think Roscoe is very much a fishing and hunting kind of town, and it's not the season for either. But even though it isn't really the most beautiful time of the year for the area, just driving around the secondary roads can be great- lots of old barns and farmhouses on twisty back roads.

Old 03-29-2007, 07:13 PM

Thumbs up Thank you!

Thank you so much again for such a helpful, wonderful, response! You have helped us more than you could know!

Thanks a lot!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York