Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2008, 05:39 PM

132 posts, read 351,208 times

Advertisements

I feel the most comfortable living in a predominately black neighborhood and I'm moving from a safe black neighborhood in Texas and moving to New York in 2009. I have a government job and have many options on where to move in New York state.

Having lived in many neighborhoods in Texas and experiencing many incidents of crime, I found it hard to find a black neighborhood with little crime, until I found the area I'm currently in. My neighborhood has wonderful big houses, golf course etc. many retired althetes, but I have to move to New York for various reasons.

Namely because of the career advancements I can not achieve hear at this moment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2008, 06:49 PM

93,412 posts, read 124,084,833 times
Where in NY are you looking at? If you are coming to the Syracuse area, try the East side of the city by Nottingham High School and Le Moyne College in the Meadowbrook/Scottholm/Salt Springs/Bradford Hills into the adjacent suburb of DeWitt around Thompson Road/Orrick Road. Also, the Westcott and Outer Comstock neighborhoods by Syracuse University would be good too. Some aren't mostly Black, but the communities have high Black populations and are "diverse". Most of the schools in that area are mostly Black and diverse too. Nottingham High is about 55% Black. Other schools would be Hughes Magnet, Ed Smith, H.W. Smith and Levy. Here's some information to check out:https://www.nystart.gov/publicweb/District.do?year=2007&county=ONONDAGA&district=421 800010000 (broken link)

http://www.syracusecityschools.com/

Outer Comstock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

University Hill, Syracuse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

University Neighborhood, Syracuse, New York - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Meadowbrook, Syracuse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Westcott, Syracuse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hope this helps.....Any questions just ask.

Old 12-22-2008, 07:06 PM

312 posts, read 507,550 times
bed-stuy? lol
but seriiously, harlem is safe as ever, although not as black as it was, so is south bronx, but the best would prolly be prospect in brooklyn or flatbush in Brooklyn or well, Brooklyn is cool, you'll find everything you want in the Bklyn neighborhoods

Old 12-22-2008, 07:08 PM

93,412 posts, read 124,084,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty McFly Jr View Post
bed-stuy? lol
but seriiously, harlem is safe as ever, although not as black as it was, so is south bronx, but the best would prolly be prospect in brooklyn or flatbush in Brooklyn or well, Brooklyn is cool, you'll find everything you want in the Bklyn neighborhoods
Can't forget neighborhoods in Queens too. It is the most diverse county in the US after all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York