Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 07:36 AM

655 posts, read 2,329,623 times

Advertisements

October 6, 2011

Fishermen, take notice. The fishermen visting the Salmon River at Altmar & Pulaski are, right-now, "pulling" the Salmon Fish out of the River in good numbers-NOW!! You fishermen had better plan your fishing trip to the Salmon River for THIS WEEK or WEEKEND or during the next 2-3 weeks; you'll be satisfied with the "catch" of Salmon you get.

This weekend, Fri. Oct. 7th - Sat. Oct. 8th - Sun. Oct. 9th, 2011 (and next week) is going to be great weather forecast for the Salmon River/Altmar/Pulaski NY area; plan your trip=don't miss out.

After you have a good day of fishing on the River, you can have a great dinner at one of the restaurants in Pulaski. I always enjoy one of these restaurants. Tell the Hostess or Host that, "Larry said to stop-in for Dinner". Eddy's Restaurant, .. www.eddysplacerestaurant.com/ - Regular full menu dinners/pizza Plus Fridays=all-you-can-eat Seafood Buffet. Saturdays=all-you-can-eat Italian Food Buffet. Sundays, from 12 noon to closing=Traditional Food all-you-can-eat Buffet. River House Restaurant .. www.riverhouserestaurant.net .. A full menu of daily specials, steak, seafood, chicken, veal, & pasta and a nice bar for drinks and conversation. Ponderosa Steakhouse, Rt. 13 at Interstate 81, Pulaski. Steaks, all-you-can-eat salads/soups/meats/breads/desserts/ice cream bars.

I hope you will be able to do some fishing on the Salmon River real soon. I know you will enjoy your time and fish catch.

grdnrman

Last edited by grdnrman; 10-06-2011 at 08:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2011, 08:17 AM

Default Good Catch!!

October 20, 2011

Salmon River ~ Loaded with Kings, Cohos, & Steelhead.

Below is a short quote from a Fishing Report from the Salmon River -- Pulaski & Altmar-New York region.

"........ we are having a season that you dream about. The fishing is nothing short of incredible."

Click on the following Link Line to read the full Fishing Report for the Salmon River and the other surrounding fishing areas.

http://visitoswegocounty.com/fishing...shing-reports/

Enjoy your Fishing Trip to the SALMON RIVER.

grdnrman

Old 09-20-2012, 04:45 PM

Default September 2012 ~ Fishing The Salmon River ~ Pulaski & Altmar NY

September 2012

They are running right NOW.!!!

The Salmon River is known as the Salmon Capital of the Eastern U.S. It offers world class fishing to any and all who wish to try their luck. Every Autumn thousands and thousands of King and Coho Salmon begin their annual spawning run into Lake Ontario tributaries. The Salmon River has a fish hatchery at Altmar which ensures good numbers of returning fish year after year. Also, recent years have shown that in the Salmon River and its tributaries, natural reproduction has seen an increase in success.

The fish that return to the Salmon River in the Autumn will vary in species, numbers and size. The most abundant fish to return to the Salmon River is the King Salmon. Also, known as a Chinook Salmon, not only is it the most abundant it is also the biggest fish to run the river. King Salmon from the Salmon River have been known to top the scales at over 40 lbs. with many fish in the 20-30 lb. range. Along with the big fish there will be some 1 year old fish called "jacks". These fish rarely weigh over 10-12 lbs.

Coho Salmon are less in numbers and in size. The record Coho was caught in Lake Ontario near Oswego and weighed over 33 lbs. What they lack in size they make up for in fight. Also, in the Autumn, good numbers of Steelhead and Brown Trout enter the river. The Brown Trout are Autumn spawners. They enter the river to eat the eggs of the spawning Salmon and Steelhead. Trout of over 22 lbs. have been taken during the Salmon run.

Beginning around mid-August, the Salmon begin to congregate near and in the mouth of the Salmon River. At this time, it is possible to catch your limit of fish in a couple hours. It is easy fishing and you don't need a lot of experience. As the season progresses, Salmon start to move into the river. Then you can either fish from a "drift-boat", wade the river, or walk in and along the river edge to catch the Salmon. These are tough, strong fish and they will test anglers know-how, patience, strength, and abilities. These are trophy fish.!!
(written by Shane & Jackie Thomas)

PHOTOS - Fish Caught In The Salmon River (not all salmon)

... http://www.theriverguide.com/pics/20...ings_loads.jpg
... http://www.theriverguide.com/pics/20...ing_salmon.jpg
... http://www.allseasonssports.com/clie...kingufz_lg.jpg
... http://www.allseasonssports.com/clie...own_oak_lg.jpg
... http://www.allseasonssports.com/clie...%20king_lg.jpg
... http://www.allseasonssports.com/clie...y/426_2_lg.jpg
... http://www.allseasonssports.com/clie...y/426_4_lg.jpg
... http://www.allseasonssports.com/clie...y/426_3_lg.jpg
... http://www.allseasonssports.com/clie...y/426_5_lg.jpg

Come fish the Salmon River at Pulaski & Altmar NY NOW while the spawning run is still going on. Enjoy yourself.

grdnrman

Last edited by grdnrman; 09-20-2012 at 04:59 PM..

Old 09-27-2012, 01:33 PM

Default Fishing Derby ~ October 5 - 7, 2012 ~ Salmon River ~ Pulaski NY

September 27, 2012 . . . . . . . Read about the Fishing Derby below.

FISHING REPORTS --- Sept. 25 - 27, 2012 --- Salmon River, Pulaski - Altmar-NY

Notice: The Lower Fly Section will remain CLOSED from Sept 15 until Oct. 31. The Upper Fly Section OPENED on Sept. 15th.

The river is loaded from the estuary all the way up to Altmar. One of the best runs we have ever seen. The lake has been difficult to access this week with the wind but there appears to be a good number of Salmon still to enter the river. (by Dave Wood)

The Upper Fly Fishing Zone is open and anglers reported it is holding fish but they are very line shy with the low water. The fishing in the lower end of the river has been excellent. If you've been here you know what I'm talking about, if not what are you waiting for? Estaz eggs, glo-bugs, black egg sucking leeches, woolly buggers, estaz stone flies and sucker spawn are working well. (by Whitaker)

Just when we thought things were getting a little slower we have a day of increased fish running. Once again fish of all species were pushing up the river in droves all day long. From 12 lb. Brown Trout to a 24 lb. Coho and add a bunch of Steelhead; we had a solid mix of everything down on the run. It appears this incredible year just keeps getting better! Daytimes have been beautiful with clear skies and a high in the high 60's to low 70's. Water temperatures are around 60 degrees. (by Garrett Brancy)

I have been up to the river twice on weekdays and fishing has been terrific! Fish are scattered in the river from top to bottom, the low water condition makes it very easy to spot and get into fish... There's large areas of river stretches with few anglers where you can fish easily with little walking... and ability to avoid the weekend larger numbers of fishermen. (by Fish On)

My boys (ages 15 and 17) fished the other day for the first time. The fishing was awesome, as they landed Kings, Cohos, and Steels. Everybody on the river were very friendly and courteous some gave us advice on where to fish. A guide on the river was very nice to my son who had a big Salmon take him up stream - he gave him advice and was helpful to net the fish. Thanks to him. It was a great day and great experience. (by D. Coats)

My 11 year old son and I had the pleasure of fishing the river with a guide the other day. The day was spectacular! With the guide's advice and help my son landed ten fish, three of them Cohos. The early morning was almost all Kings but as the day progressed the number of Coho just kept increasing. I want to thank everyone on the river for their courtesy and friendliness. Thanks to you guys who complimented my son on his accomplishment and fishing-catch when we walked out to our vehicle. (by R. Curran)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The SECOND ANNUAL SALMON RIVER FISHING DERBY --- Friday-Oct. 5, Saturday-Oct. 6, and Sunday-Oct. 7, 2012 --- The largest river fishing derby in the Northeast U.S.

Click on the Link Line to read full details>>

... http://thebeat.iloveny.com/5648-5648.html

All you fishermen, come enter the Fishing Derby, maybe win a cash prize, and catch some Trophy Size Fish in the Salmon River at Pulaski - Altmar-NY.

grdnrman

Old 10-03-2012, 03:48 PM

Default October 5 - 7, 2012 ~ Prizes-Fishing Derby ~ Salmon River at Pulaski & Altmar-NY * * * Fishermens Comments

Today - October 3, 2012

The SECOND ANNUAL SALMON RIVER FISHING DERBY will be held on Friday-Oct. 5, Saturday-Oct. 6, & Sunday-Oct. 7, 2012 at Pulaski & Altmar-NY.

This Derby is the largest River Fishing Derby in the Northeastern U.S.` The location is just off Interstate 81 which is 35 miles north of Syracuse and 30 miles south of Watertown-NY.

To read full details & registration for the derby, click on the Link Line below>>>
... http://thebeat.iloveny.com/5648-5648.html

You must pre-register in PULASKI before going fishing. There will be cash prizes and other prizes. Come fish the Salmon River and catch some Trophy Size Fish at Pulaski & Altmar-NY.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fishermens comments on the Salmon River-NY.

It's that time of year again for the Salmon to run-up the river for the Fall spawning season; September & October 2012. Fishermen have been arriving at the Salmon River for several weeks now from all over the U.S. = Minnesota-Illinois-Ohio-Tennessee-North Carolina-Virginia-Maryland-Delaware-Pennsylvania-New Jersey-Connecticut-Rhode Island-Massachusetts-Vermont-New Hampshire-Maine-Ontario-Quebec. The catch of Fish has been nothing short of outstanding.

New Jersey resident Chris O'Donnell said, "I grew up by the biggest lake in New Jersey, so I fished all my life when I was a kid and I came up here 16 years ago and it's world-class fishing, four hours from my home. Outside of the Great Lakes, you've gotta go to the West Coast to catch Salmon. They have sea run Salmon and Trout out there and we have the lake runs and we get some nice ones in Jersey=five - six pound Trout, but up here, you're getting 20 - 30 pound Salmon."

The Salmon River's fishing is so good that it not only brings visitors here, it has even converted some avid hunters, like Pennsylvania resident Kevin Pace. "I was a big-time hunter for quite awhile until about 15 years ago, I came up here for the first time Steelheading and I gave up hunting and I just fish now. And while some people who live in this area may take these fishing conditions for granted, this is one of only a few places on this side of the country to find this caliber of fishing. You meet and make new friends all the time, 'cause everyone on the Salmon River is doing the same thing. We're all up here to relax and have a good time."

Scott Beam said, "I caught my first fish here when I was 15 years old. Since then I've come up here from New Jersey for multiple weekends, every year for 30 years now. There's no comparison. I've gone to Oregon, all over the country and this is the best I've fished in 30 years."

Massachusetts resident Patricia Genovese said, "The Salmon River reminds me of Alaska - but its a lot easier to get to. Even though there's this large river here, it's quaint - it's beautiful. And you can do a lot of other things here like go pick apples, squash, and pumpkins."

Young boy Josh Page told his fisherman dad, "I want to catch a big Salmon; for dinner tonight."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pulaski and Altmar cater to the fishermen who come to fish the Salmon River. There are: fish cleaning stations, fish tackle shops, all price range motels & rooms, and several convenient restaurants. So plan your fishing trip to the Salmon River to participate in this weekend's Fishing Derby or to just come try your luck at landing some Trophy Size fish to take home with you.

grdnrman

Last edited by grdnrman; 10-03-2012 at 04:07 PM..

Old 10-13-2014, 01:18 PM

Default Salmon Fishing Report & Photos Autumn 2014 Pulaski & Altmar NY

The Autumn 2014 Salmon Fishing season is now under way on the famous Salmon River at Pulaski & Altmar NY - 30 miles north of Syracuse NY & 30 miles south of Watertown NY - just off Interstate 81.

Below is a current fishing report and lots of photos showing the type & size fish that can be caught. Good luck to all you fishermen.

click on: Salmon River Pulaski Ny Fishing Report

grdnrman
^^^^^^

Old 10-13-2014, 01:40 PM

93,559 posts, read 124,293,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grdnrman View Post
The Autumn 2014 Salmon Fishing season is now under way on the famous Salmon River at Pulaski & Altmar NY - 30 miles north of Syracuse NY & 30 miles south of Watertown NY - just off Interstate 81.

Below is a current fishing report and lots of photos showing the type & size fish that can be caught. Good luck to all you fishermen.

click on: Salmon River Pulaski Ny Fishing Report

grdnrman
^^^^^^
Nice to hear from you again. I was up that way a few weeks ago and they were out and about in the river fishing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York