Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 09:43 PM

7 posts, read 24,506 times

Advertisements

well, I know it was my fault coz I went above speed limit and I am not denying that and I told the cop the exact same reason. Now, reasons may seem irrational to many which is understandable. I needed opinions here to reduce the damage it may cause me.

And as far as being safe/unsafe goes then that is very much subjective, I was not driving at 95 or 100 mph, there are many states where speed limit is 75mph so 70 or 65 is not a standard, although by saying this I am not trying to defend myself or giving any excuse. I was above the notified limit and that's a fact.

The more dangerous that night was those truck drivers, who were driving at 75mph on that rainy night while I was driving and I know how tough it was for me to drive there w/o having any clue of lanes. Unfortunately there was no cop on duty at time to hand them a ticket.. Anyways, I guess laws are good to keep people civilzed but at times circumstances should also need to be considered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2010, 09:51 PM

23,298 posts, read 29,154,987 times
I got a speeding ticket the other day, going 7 MPH in a 5 MPH zone.

What will they think up next to raise more revenue for the city and state?

I didn't even see it! And I've walked down that street for years now and didn't even see the speed limit sign and the photo radar!

Speed limits for walking pedestrians on sidewalks! I just knew it was gonna come to this some day!

Old 05-15-2010, 05:12 AM

1,108 posts, read 4,224,916 times
Talking Small Town

Small Town...lucky you...for all they really want is the $$$$$...so plead not guilty and offer to pay a parking ticket fine...this way no points on your license and no Driver's Course...but like someone mentioned...if you do get points...take the Driver's Education Course...around $35.00 and you can get up to 4 points taken off your driving record...but wait till you get convicted...for it only counts after conviction...not before...

Old 10-24-2011, 12:40 PM

1 posts, read 2,022 times
I do not approve of individuals making excuses for their speeding. Nor do I endorse or morally approve of efforts to avoid "speed traps." I feel too manty commuters feel that the law should not apply to them. Speeding (espcially over 70!) is extremely unsafe and the laws exists for a reason.....

Who asked you?
Speeding, (over 70) isn't speeding in WVa or other states when the posted limit is already 70. On Highway 10 outside Tucson, Az. the limit is 75.
You better not go there. Go home. go to bed and stay there. That way you will be safe!
Drivers on the Autobahn travel at triple digits speeds regularly.
At those speeds a driver better be fully aware of his surroundings and on the Autobahn, they are.
Biggest problem in the US is drivers multitasking while they are traveling 60-70. You might as well be driving drunk. Like you, most take driving a vehicle casually and don't apply their full attention to their driving.
You believe that if we just go slow enough, there won't be any accidents. Yeah. Take away our guns and there won't be any crime either!
Wake up America! Put down your drinks, food, make up, paper, and just friggin' drive!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York