Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Nissan and Infiniti
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 05:31 PM

712 posts, read 531,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
LOL. Considering it's one of the primary functions of a flush (versus a drain/refill, which does nothing for the valve body), yes. It cleans the valve body.

If it's one of the CVT models that does not have removable lines to perform a proper flush, the only way to clean the valve body is to remove it.
If it has the lines to hook to a machine, a flush is performed.

Neither one of these is labor intensive.
They would have just said flush if they didn't take it apart.

This is such an asinine argument.

OP Can you do me a favor and make a quick call to your service writer and asked if they replaced the valve body or just cleaned it?

I don't know anyone that would mention that part on an invoice when it wasn't touched. They would just list a flush.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2018, 05:44 PM

17,208 posts, read 15,421,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondtheHorizon View Post
They would have just said flush if they didn't take it apart.

This is such an asinine argument.

OP Can you do me a favor and make a quick call to your service writer and asked if they replaced the valve body or just cleaned it?

I don't know anyone that would mention that part on an invoice when it wasn't touched. They would just list a flush.
Re-read what you replied to. Either you didn't read or your comprehension is as **** poor as your automotive knowledge. I never said "it wasn't touched."
I said on some CVT models, you can't perform a flush, as it doesn't have lines accessible to perform said flush. So, to clean clogged ports, you remove the part, clean it, and then reinstall it. Removing a valve body is extremely easy.

You really think the dealer is going to be fully honest with you as to what they did?

Old 08-22-2018, 08:42 AM

712 posts, read 531,103 times
Nah, my reading comprehension is good. You are really going out of your way to defend this garbage cvt transmission.

Old 08-22-2018, 09:43 AM

17,208 posts, read 15,421,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondtheHorizon View Post
Nah, my reading comprehension is good. You are really going out of your way to defend this garbage cvt transmission.
Notice that I have not said anything particularly good about the CVT. Nor have I said anything particularly bad. My stance has clearly been neutral, as my aim is not to sway anyone towards nor against it. I have no such agenda, as I do not work in the industry, and I couldn't care less what a stranger chooses to drive. I am simply sharing knowledge, and refuting ignorance that's attempted to be passed on as solid fact.

That is all.

Last edited by Arcenal813; 08-22-2018 at 10:00 AM..

Old 08-27-2018, 12:23 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,565,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
^ THEN, oddly about 3 wks later, my 5-yr car battery completely conked out on me after exactly 2 yrs in which I got that replaced ASAP. I wonder why a 5-yr battery only lasted 2 yrs when I don't drive that much. Did the above actions have anything to do with the quicker draining of my batter perhaps OR is it just the case of things simply not being as good a quality & not lasting as long as they used to yrs ago??

Not driving the car much can have a bad effect on the battery Or you just made have had a bad battery. I have had batteries last any where from 6 months, definitely bad, to 8 years. The cars I drive daily tend to last much longer than those that sit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Nissan and Infiniti