Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 01:07 PM

4,164 posts, read 6,315,874 times

Advertisements

Are you around people who complain non-stop about their spouses or partners? How do you handle it?.... Do you just sit and listen to their rants and raves?....Do you try to offer them advice?....Do you ever feel weird because you don't want to join in and complain about your spouse too? Thanks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2010, 01:11 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Generally, I don't say anything at all. And they stop coming around because they don't get a response.

Except at work. There I would say, "Would you go away? I'm trying to get some work done here."

Old 07-03-2010, 01:14 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,004,411 times
That depends completely on the situation. Sometimes I know it to be true, sometimes I think they're not seeing their own contribution to the reason for the complaining and so on. Sometimes I reply but without joining in on the bashing, sometimes I just listen.

Old 07-03-2010, 01:16 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,636,672 times
shootem in the legs with bean bags/paintballs. see if they stop.

just kiddin'...

Old 07-03-2010, 01:35 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,091,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
Are you around people who complain non-stop about their spouses or partners? How do you handle it?.... Do you just sit and listen to their rants and raves?....Do you try to offer them advice?....Do you ever feel weird because you don't want to join in and complain about your spouse too? Thanks...

I ask why are they with them if they are not happy
and let them know I could stay with anyone who I didnt love me or I didnt love myself
Or just shake my head and say "Wow how interesting" and try and talk about something else.

Old 07-03-2010, 01:40 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,250,688 times
Quote:
Oh heck yes, some of the guys I work with their wives call them at least 20 times a day! "Whatcha doin hon"? "Well, I was trying to take a crap before you called"!LOL....... "MMMMMM.... if she thinks I am cleaning up dog poop when I get home she is mistaken"! Just clean it up and be thankful you have someone! Geez!LOL.........

Old 07-03-2010, 01:59 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,325,557 times
Tell them to join the C-D Forum!

Old 07-03-2010, 02:07 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,250,688 times
I should add deliberately doing something to aggravate her to the list as well. Like going to Lowe's or Home Depot after work to look at tools when they are supposed to be going out with friends that night. Geez, you guys create some of your own drama! If I was supposed to be home I would hold off on the "stroker quest" until tomorrow! Stroker quest= foundling and or massaging tools, guns, fishing gear or whatever hard core guy stuff almost bringing a "it's just like sex" mentality to it!LMAO........... Now you know what the term is coined ladies!LOL.......

Old 07-03-2010, 02:11 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,383,328 times
Quote:
this may sound bad, but i wouldn't really care.

I respect and like my co-workers, but we're not family or close friends. so I would have no interest in stake in their spouses/marriages.

I also think that a person in the workplace should not disclose too much information about their home/personal life, since co-workers are not close (,i.e. they may not care either way), and it's generally not professional. I would suggest they talk to somebody, whether a friend, relative, or even a therapist about this.

Old 07-03-2010, 02:34 PM

4,164 posts, read 6,315,874 times
I think some people have a need to "play victim." Spouses or partners come in handy for people like this...Kids and bosses come in handy too...or other friends etc...The message is always: "I am being picked on...I am treated badly...Help me....Help me...I am an innocent victim who is being abused by my loved ones....Feel sorry for me...Shower me with sympathy and attention...Be my protector....Take my side... Become part of my daily soap-opera....Give up your own life and be here for me" and so on...YUK! YUk! YUK! It sure gets "old."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships