Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 01:33 PM

11 posts, read 28,466 times

Advertisements

i speak with my best friend almost every day .. but happens that with 2 of them i only communicate by phone because we dont have time sometime ..smth funny happens with my best friend that now its far from me , when she was near me we were both lazy to visit each other so that could pass weeks without talking with each other however we are best friends
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2010, 08:09 AM

408 posts, read 810,446 times
All of my friends are my "best" friends, most of them actually moved out of state recently (how could I blame them for wanting to get out of Iowa?!) so the ones who don't live in-state anymore I talk to about once a week (facebook) my friends who live in town I see at least 3 times a week/talk on the phone probably every other day. We try to have "ladies night" once a week!

Old 02-06-2015, 10:28 AM

1 posts, read 777 times
My best friend won't leave me alone! I'm married with 3 grown kids and 8 grandchildren! She has none of the above! She picks on me and we fight about it all the time! I feel like she wants me to pick her over my family! And I won't!! I end up crying before every family get together, cuz she upsets me so! I have tried to get her out of my life, but she plays on my soft heart, says she going to kill her esle! What to do?

Old 02-07-2015, 11:13 AM

18,760 posts, read 11,821,444 times
There are so many people that I'm close to. I try to talk to the ones that need me the most at least three or four times a week. Some of my besties I may go months without talking to but they know I'm a workaholic and love me in spite of my absence. Those friends are gold but they also know that I would drop everything to help them if they needed me. That kind of love runs deep and is treasured. The shorties take up the vast majority of my free time. You only have them for a short while and they become teenagers off on their own path.

Old 02-07-2015, 11:19 AM

51,014 posts, read 36,707,535 times
My oldest and best friend, 40 years now (yikes!) and I talk probably once every couple of weeks or so. It's more if one of us is going through some sort of crisis, wants advice, etc. She lives in another state now with her husband and 2 kids, but she comes up here with the kids for a week in summer and I go there for a week in winter. When we lived in the same state, we were inseparable, in fact I lived with her family for a few years at 18, and she spent a summer with me here about about a dozen years ago, before she started her family.

Sometimes if we are very busy, we'll go without talking for quite awhile without realizing it's been so long, however it's never been the kind of relationship that requires the fires of friendship be 'stoked' on a regular basis. I will always be there for her and she for me, and we always know that no matter how long it's been since we talked.

Old 02-07-2015, 11:24 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,626,894 times
Every day. We are either texting, phoning, or skyping.

Old 02-07-2015, 12:07 PM

103 posts, read 100,833 times
I actually want to ask a question how many people have got best friends?.. In my opinion surely almost all the people have friends but unfortunately same people do not say to their friends(or people) that you are my best friend or one of my best friends nowadays. Sorry, my interpretation is irrelevant to the question. I just wanted to draw attention to a point. By the way I thought of this question so much today(do not ask me why?), something funny came to my mind. You know if you've seen How I Met Your Mother.As far as I remember on any episode of hımym, Robin and Barney had sex and Robin says that I have slept with my bf's really good friend Barney corrects 'Best friend'

Old 02-09-2015, 09:57 AM

399 posts, read 686,447 times
I'm married with kids. Have 2 close friends, mostly email weekly. My hubby is my bestie!

Old 02-09-2015, 09:59 AM

399 posts, read 686,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nannyjean View Post
My best friend won't leave me alone! I'm married with 3 grown kids and 8 grandchildren! She has none of the above! She picks on me and we fight about it all the time! I feel like she wants me to pick her over my family! And I won't!! I end up crying before every family get together, cuz she upsets me so! I have tried to get her out of my life, but she plays on my soft heart, says she going to kill her esle! What to do?

That's not a 'friend' at all.

Old 02-10-2015, 07:45 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,577,319 times
My best friend and I talk every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships