Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 08:02 PM

346 posts, read 968,785 times

Advertisements

say you know someone and you find out he/she has no friends.

what do you think about this person? what goes through you head?

I'm having a hard time with this. When I get down on myself about anything really, this always comes up internally and it makes me feel much more sh*tty than I probably should.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2010, 08:10 PM

52,307 posts, read 52,771,567 times
IRL, I don't have any friends...... I sorta like it that way....... hermit style.

Old 11-21-2010, 08:19 PM

13 posts, read 20,102 times
you ask me what i fell about one who doesn't have friend ,,, i feel so sorry but let's change to how to make friend ,, my roommate had this problem and now he is having alot of friend
he use to stay at the room all the time playing video game and all this stuff also when he goes out he has his i pad listing to music but now he change completely and now he is happy and having alot of friend and hanging out all the time

Old 11-21-2010, 08:21 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,206,517 times
If it is a decent looking she, I would selflessly volunteer my friendship to her. If it was a he, I would wonder the circumstances why it would come up in causal conversation.

But other than that I would need to know more before any conclusions could be reached. So the first thing through my mind would be, is the person happy with the situation? Since you say it bothers you being friendless perhaps you need to give some background. Are you a she/he? Why do you feel that you are friendless?

Old 11-21-2010, 08:24 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,750,122 times
I have though about this for a while. There are a couple factors that affect how I feel about it.

Are they an extrovert or an introvert? If they are an extrovert and have no or little friends, then that means that they have some serious issues with people. If they are an introvert and have no or little fiends, then they could be a decent person. Introverts just don't want a lot of social time, so it makes sense that they are not going to have tons of friends.

Did they just move to a new area? Then they are going to have fewer friends close by. Do they have kids or someone else to take care of and work a lot? Then they are going to have a harder time fitting friends in their life.

I don't have tons of friends but I have a few and I'm an introvert, so I'm content reading something by myself, watching a movie or going for a walk by myself. I do like to get out and do activities with people here and there, but not every day. Too much social time wears me out mentally. Having no friends at all is a little strange. You should put yourself out there and try to reach out to some people. I don't think it makes you a bad person in of itself, but it's not healthy. Try to find a couple friends.

Old 11-21-2010, 08:31 PM

346 posts, read 968,785 times
I'm a he. In a vacuum (so to speak) it wouldn't bother me. The fact that people might think little of me (especially women) bothers me way more than the loner-ness itself. I've always been like this. I had acquaintances at school, but never made real friends. I used to be pretty good friends with my brother and my cousin (they were best friends for years), but when they had a big falling out with each other there was no more need for a third wheel (me).

Old 11-21-2010, 08:39 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,388,671 times
People don't have friends. The idea that we should have as many friends as possible is just something pop culture promotes. Pop culture should be banned, really.

Old 11-21-2010, 08:41 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,206,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isaackko View Post
I'm a he. In a vacuum (so to speak) it wouldn't bother me. The fact that people might think little of me (especially women) bothers me way more than the loner-ness itself. ...
Simple solution do not tell the women you are interested in about you not having any regular friends. Since it does not bother you knowing, it should not bother them not knowing. Need to know! If someone does not need to know something, do not tell them.

Now that is out of the way you might work on why you feel bad about not having any friends. Start talking to people and (most important) listening to them and you will have friends.

Old 11-21-2010, 08:47 PM

2,209 posts, read 4,227,756 times
It would be irrelevant. Most people are overrated, I get bored of them after several minutes, unless you're a friend, an hour. I have three friends, I rarely talk to them, they live in other parts of the nation. Whatever.

Old 11-21-2010, 08:47 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,823,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isaackko View Post
what do you think about this person? what goes through you head?
I just figure the person doesn't realize there's a game we're all supposed to be playing and hope he/she figures it out before it's too late.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships