Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 12:02 AM

4,932 posts, read 12,761,515 times

Advertisements

So my really close friend Brandon who I been friends with since 8th grade ditched me tonight or excluded me from hanging with him when the other two friends said yes. He didn't even say sorry. And he wouldnt even tell me why until after why he didnt want me around and it was because he didnt want me around. And I talked about how I was offended through skype and he ignored me. And I asked if he wanted to hang tomorow. And I told him I was already hurting. And he was still being mean. So I ended it. Now I am going to look for better friends.

Any support would be good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2011, 12:19 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,645,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the city View Post
So my really close friend Brandon who I been friends with since 8th grade ditched me tonight or excluded me from hanging with him when the other two friends said yes. He didn't even say sorry. And he wouldnt even tell me why until after why he didnt want me around and it was because he didnt want me around. And I talked about how I was offended through skype and he ignored me. And I asked if he wanted to hang tomorow. And I told him I was already hurting. And he was still being mean. So I ended it. Now I am going to look for better friends.

Any and all my friends are welcome to come. The more the merrier. I never cared much for the type to ditch someone because they aren't as popular or whatever with the group. Everyone is the same. The only exception would be if I was with a gal. That would be alone time and you don't necessarily want 5 or 10 of your friends along. It sounds to me like he is ditching you because the others don't think you are cool enough or whatever. I'd be glad then. Those other guys are probably pr*cks anyway. Like the Mr. All-star in high school or something. F them!

Old 03-20-2011, 12:35 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Well you chose wisely. And you have your chance to pick better friends.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:12 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,474,681 times
This is a fresh start on meeting better friends!

Old 03-20-2011, 09:23 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Hey, you can't hang with me anymore

http://images.travelpod.com/users/jo...anging-out.jpg

And that's when you find a new friend

Old 03-20-2011, 09:50 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the city View Post

You will find that occurs over and over again in life. People who were your friends at one stage change, or you do, and you sometimes have to jettison the negatives from your life. Someone just flat-out being unkind to you, as seems to be in your case, is a good-enough reason.

Old 03-20-2011, 10:42 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
My 19 year old daughter just went though this when her 2 best friends from middle school ditched her for good, via a cruel email. She was devastated, but after giving it some thought over about a week, she realized that their friendship pretty much peaked in 9th grade and was on a downward trajectory after that--it had become a lot of work to stay friends with those two. She also realized that the friends she has made in college are the real deal and they have her back no matter what.

Sometimes it is hard to let go of those friends you made in the early teen years because you really needed them at the time and they became part of a pattern. Realizing you have outgrown that need--and them--is part of maturing into an adult.

Old 03-20-2011, 10:49 AM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Ebb and flow

High and low

Black and white

Friendships.

That's how it goes.

I used to hang with a buddy a long long time ago. I caught up with him on FB.

Our lives have gone a million miles in opposite directions.

It's just the way things go.

Old 03-20-2011, 10:55 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,550,038 times
Separations are always difficult, for both parties. Maybe your friend just needs to explore unknown territories for awhile, and feels it would be more honest to just make a break rather than fading away.

If your friendship has been an equal exchange for both of you, probably you will hear from him after a time, IF you stay friendly, understanding, and open.

Meanwhile, this is a time for you to do a little self-exploring, too.

Old 03-20-2011, 05:18 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Ebb and flow

High and low

Black and white

Friendships.

That's how it goes.

I used to hang with a buddy a long long time ago. I caught up with him on FB.

Our lives have gone a million miles in opposite directions.

It's just the way things go.

Yep! I have been hurt by my past childhood friendships as well.
I have learned to hold my head up, and move on! The world sure does not stop for you, or your hurt ego!
Good luck to finding new friendships!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships