Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 06:22 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,832,139 times

Advertisements

The wedding is a year from this month. And the bachelorette party is planned for my birthday. I'm a bridesmaid so I am expected to attend. I am a bit hurt that the planned it for this day as it's a Thursday and she obviously knows when my birthday. There are a 364 other days in the year.

How would you feel?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 06:29 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,274,944 times
I'm not trying to be harsh, but ..... really? Did you expect her to say, " _____'s birthday is that day so I will just have to have the wedding another day." Really? So she is supposed to plan her wedding around your birthday? I doubt that you figured into her plans. I know plenty of people who celebrate their birthdays on other days for whatever reason. Heck, my birthday was on a Wednesday this year and I waited until the next weekend.

You have a year to make other plans for your birthday. (Hopefully) she is only getting married once, so just go to the wedding and do something that weekend for your birthday.

Old 09-13-2011, 06:32 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
How would I feel?

*shrug* tell her that I'm going to be drunk on my birthday?

Old 09-13-2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
I'm not trying to be harsh, but ..... really? Did you expect her to say, " _____'s birthday is that day so I will just have to have the wedding another day." Really? So she is supposed to plan her wedding around your birthday? I doubt that you figured into her plans. I know plenty of people who celebrate their birthdays on other days for whatever reason. Heck, my birthday was on a Wednesday this year and I waited until the next weekend.

You have a year to make other plans for your birthday. (Hopefully) she is only getting married once, so just go to the wedding and do something that weekend for your birthday.
It's not her wedding...it's her bachelorette party. There is no rule that says the bacholerette party has to be 2 days before the wedding is there?

Old 09-13-2011, 06:39 PM

529 posts, read 1,300,637 times
Should she have planned for another date? yes. But hopefully you'll enjoy many more birthday parties and this is her only bachelorette's party (although with the high divorce rate who knows).
If she's really your best friend, let her know what she did but then tell her that just because it's her, you wont miss the party. She'll apreciate it, and your friendship will get stronger.

Old 09-13-2011, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
It's not her wedding...it's her bachelorette party. There is no rule that says the bacholerette party has to be 2 days before the wedding is there?

The only "rule" for things like this is what the bride wants. She wants the party to be on that day, so that's the day that she picked. Did you talk to the bride and tell her that you already had plans on your birthday and wouldn't be attending? Or are you going anyway?

7,796 posts, read 16,395,137 times
I hate to sound harsh, but my mentality is "So...it's your birthday? What's your point?" But then again I just consider my birthday the day I was born and it just happens to occur every year.

Do you already have something arranged for the day of your birthday where it would interfere?

11,865 posts, read 16,994,999 times
Plan your birthday party on her wedding day?

Is it really that big of a deal? It sucks, but she probably wasn't thinking. Don't other people usually plan those things anyways? Maybe she didn't know.

Old 09-13-2011, 06:46 PM

Well I have no idea what I will be doing a year from now for my birthday. It was literally 2 weeks ago. However I was kind of thinking of throwing a big party since I had a low key birthday this year and my birthday falls on a holiday weekend.

Old 09-13-2011, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I hate to sound harsh, but my mentality is "So...it's your birthday? What's your point?" But then again I just consider my birthday the day I was born and it just happens to occur every year.
This is my take, too.

And I find it kind of egotistical to expect her to make wedding plans around your birthday. If you were a part of her immediate family, maybe.

Quote:
Well I have no idea what I will be doing a year from now for my birthday. It was literally 2 weeks ago. However I was kind of thinking of throwing a big party since I had a low key birthday this year and my birthday falls on a holiday weekend.
Forgive me for being harsh, but this thread makes even less sense. I could see if you had huge plans that you didn't want to cancel. But, you don't even have plans yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships