Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 04:53 PM

511 posts, read 2,454,740 times

Advertisements

From the OP:

What do you want me to say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Not too likely that the OP will be returning to this thread. The threadaholic, in just over three days since starting this one, has racked up 12 more new ones (including five just today) and usually only posts 3 times on each thread including the thread-starter. Does he have the inside scoop on the next CD competition - could a prize be in the offing for "Most Threads Started By A Poster in a day/week/month/year"? Intrigue abounds! Disclaimer - no, I'm not obsessed, just curious on one of my semi-retired "vacation" days and stats can be so interesting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 05:02 PM

1,204 posts, read 2,531,689 times
The only time this happened to me was with an old neighbor. She all of the sudden became cold and would not talk to me. I asked her if I had done something and she said, "oh no, not you it was your daughter". Mind you my daughter was I think 7 years old at the time. So I asked her what my DD did and she said that when my DD and her daughter were playing her daughter said she was going to go get another neighbor girl and my daughter said she didn't really want to play with the other girl Well this mom heard it and got mad and instead of coming to me to tell me what happened she gave me the cold shoulder. Well, needless to say, I never spoke to her again. I couldn't believe that a grown woman would do such a thing instead of coming to the parent.

I would just ask them if you have done something to offend them and if they say no, well not much you can do.

Old 01-03-2012, 05:13 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,830,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workaholic? View Post
From the OP:

What do you want me to say?
Not a thing. It was merely an observation.

Old 01-03-2012, 10:09 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,283,387 times
OP, careful the gal w/ 10,224 posts is worried you'll catch up. Ignore people that are giving you the cold shoulder, it is their issue, don't make it yours. Find some genuine real life friends.

Old 01-04-2012, 06:27 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,830,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
OP, careful the gal w/ 10,224 posts is worried you'll catch up.
A "gal" - what a great compliment! But you're quite right. Over 10K posts and 23 new threads in over 4 years and I'm absolutely worried to distraction about the mere possibility that a new poster might come close to catching up. Just the thought of it gets me shaky and I must run off now and pop a nerve restorer.

Old 01-04-2012, 06:39 AM

16,076 posts, read 28,613,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workaholic? View Post
From the OP:
"From the OP"

Does this remind you or posters

Seems to be one of your calling cards regardless of the current screen name.

Old 01-04-2012, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Not too likely that the OP will be returning to this thread. The threadaholic, in just over three days since starting this one, has racked up 12 more new ones (including five just today) and usually only posts 3 times on each thread including the thread-starter. Does he have the inside scoop on the next CD competition - could a prize be in the offing for "Most Threads Started By A Poster in a day/week/month/year"? Intrigue abounds! Disclaimer - no, I'm not obsessed, just curious on one of my semi-retired "vacation" days and stats can be so interesting!
The remainder of time is spent on [domain blocked due to spam] whining with other disgruntled posters, bad mouthing C-D about how they've been so wrongfully accused....With the how dare them.

Old 01-04-2012, 07:31 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,779,815 times
Appraisal Review:

"Your job was to escape detection"

"I tried my best. But some people are too good. Especially that monkey with antlers. I hate him. Every time I come out, that little bastard outs me"

"I'm sorry. We're gonna have to terminate you, again"

"Not that I care."

"Of course, you're getting a new one. But at 2 dollars less an hour"

"Wait a minute, I come up with all this creativity and ..."

"Get out. F minus"

"One last question. Am I going to be male or female?"

"Try transsexual for a change. We express solidarity with the LGBT community. Out"

Last edited by Currency Pair Crocodile; 01-04-2012 at 07:44 AM..

Old 01-04-2012, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Appraisal Review:

"Your job was to escape detection"

"I tried my best. But some people are too good. Especially that monkey with antlers. I hate him. Every time I come out, that little bastard outs me"

"I'm sorry. We're gonna have to terminate you, again"

"Not that I care."

"Of course, you're getting a new one. But at 2 dollars less an hour"

"Wait a minute, I come up with all this creativity and ..."

"Get out. F minus"

"One last question. Am I going to be male or female?"

"Try transsexual for a change. We express solidarity with the LGBT community. Out"
Disagree....Detection is part of the game.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:12 AM

1,410 posts, read 2,143,954 times
Quote:
I see nothing wrong with starting multiple threads. OP, get on with your bad self and don't let the haters get you down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships