Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can an alpha male be a nice guy?
No - except in rare circumstances 24 36.36%
Yes - it happens commonly, not rarely 42 63.64%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 11:45 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,705,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Hey guys it's Friday night. All you complainers need to get together and go somewhere for an umbrella drink and sushi. That is if you can agree on where to go. If you have an alpha friend let him make the decision. Then complain that he's too bossy and domineering.
hey don't bring sushi into this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2012, 11:55 PM

52,325 posts, read 52,784,279 times
While I think terms like Alpha and Beta are bullshyt, that being said, a true "alpha male" is a man that isn't a chest thumping, knuckle draggin, socially maladjusted male.

It's a man that can lead a million men into battle, can sell an Eskimo a snow cone, a man that makes you happy to sacrifice for him.

These kinds of men lead with a different sort of "power" or whatever you want to call it......

And to answer the question, yes, they are nice guys.

Old 02-11-2012, 12:01 AM

1,429 posts, read 2,299,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
It's a man that can lead a million men into battle, can sell an Eskimo a snow cone, a man that makes you happy to sacrifice for him.

These kinds of men lead with a different sort of "power" or whatever you want to call it......

And to answer the question, yes, they are nice guys.
I couldn't have said it better!

Men like that are worth their weight in gold and should be treated by women accordingly.

Old 02-11-2012, 12:19 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,219,984 times
Here's a interesting question, if every guy is supposed to be a leader then who would follow them?

Old 02-11-2012, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Here's a interesting question, if every guy is supposed to be a leader then who would follow them?
Not every man needs to be a leader nor can every man be. However in the dream world where all men are alpha men women would be the ones following them.

Since real alpha men don't have to fight with other alpha men and provided the there is peace in the world alpha men would have women waiting on their every need.

Old 02-11-2012, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
Not every man needs to be a leader nor can every man be. However in the dream world where all men are alpha men women would be the ones following them.

Since real alpha men don't have to fight with other alpha men and provided the there is peace in the world alpha men would have women waiting on their every need.
That has never happen. Meaning that most men who have ever walked the Earth even those who were leaders of entire nations were not Alphas.

Old 02-11-2012, 12:27 AM

Quote:
That has never happen. Meaning that most men who have ever walked the Earth even those who were leaders of entire nations were not Alphas.
It is not true at all. It is a fantasy that all men are alphas. Most are not. Not even successful men are alphas.

Old 02-11-2012, 12:31 AM

52,325 posts, read 52,784,279 times
Quote:

I don't consider myself to be an alpha male, matter of fact, I know I'm not, and I'm good with that.

Yet, that being said, I'm always, always put in positions of leadership, every time I'm in a group of men, I somehow seem to be turned to for advice and or my thoughts.... IDK what it is, but in regards to work, it has been happening for 20 yrs now.... can't be a coincidence.

Old 02-11-2012, 12:34 AM

Quote:
I don't consider myself to be an alpha male, matter of fact, I know I'm not, and I'm good with that.

Yet, that being said, I'm always, always put in positions of leadership, every time I'm in a group of men, I somehow seem to be turned to for advice and or my thoughts.... IDK what it is, but in regards to work, it has been happening for 20 yrs now.... can't be a coincidence.
Some men are born into garbage and others have garbage thrust upon them.

Leadership is a burden when you don't desire it. However consider it a good thing that those around you value your skills and see that you have the potential to be a leader.

Remember though that being a leader does not always equate to being an alpha.

Men are problem solving oriented and if they see you as being able to tackle problems that is a great skill regardless.

Being an alpha doesn't equate to being more of or less of a man either and I think it is important to say that because alot of men get hung up on not being an alpha.

Old 02-11-2012, 12:35 AM

Quote:

Lol... Maybe it's because you know what the hell you're doing. I'm certainly know I'm no alpha but there have been times where I've ended up taking the reigns because I was the only person who knew what to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships