Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 12:30 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,323,443 times

Advertisements

I always thought they invented team sports so guys both on a team or in the audience could justify showing some emotion and physical contact with each other..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 05:22 AM

64 posts, read 193,124 times
That would be Unnatural. Especially where I live.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:13 PM

545 posts, read 908,982 times
'Bromance' is in the air.... I was dating this union type mentality guy and he was very close with a co-worker...a big goomba type...I chuckled at their very close friendship. One day a pic of them went up on facebook and I made a 'such a cute bromance' comment. They both got so pissed at me, the friend deleted and blocked me...LOL

Old 06-21-2012, 03:50 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,139,352 times
Default No.

A handshake, Maybe a bro hug. What's next? Cosmos and a day at the spa? Enough already!

Old 06-24-2012, 10:42 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,768,262 times
Im cool with hugs,hand on the shoulder,etc but most of my friends arent touchy-feely.
Stroking hair,sitting in someones lap,holding hands?I think hugs and high fives are good enough lol.
I do think many guys are too afraid of seeming "gay" or whatever and it gets pretty silly.
Sitting 2 seats away from their buddy at the movies,etc.
Its an issue women never have.

Old 06-24-2012, 05:22 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,835,338 times
I think a lot of it has to do with how you're raised. My dad and mom are crazy conservative and if I was ever caught stroking some guy's hair or holding his hand, they would not have been happy. So obviously I've grown to see that sort of behavior as inappropriate and not right.

Old 06-24-2012, 05:29 PM

2 posts, read 2,569 times
I guess society still has this typical straight male view that doesn't include much affection. It would be nice to see men more open, but I guess society isn't ready for this male yet. However men have become less 'hard' in the last few decades and more out in the open

Old 06-24-2012, 08:20 PM

114 posts, read 214,415 times
I think it would be good for men.

It would be another outlet of emotional release.

I believe, that one of the reasons why Women tend to live longer and tend to be less mentally troubled as men, is because they have a more intimate relationship with the same sex.

And too anyone who doesn't know, intmate doesn't always mean sex and romance. Intimance can simply be talking about what bothers you or giving the other person kind supporting words and or showing sympathy.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:08 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,076,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatGarfield View Post
I think it would be good for men.

It would be another outlet of emotional release.

I believe, that one of the reasons why Women tend to live longer and tend to be less mentally troubled as men, is because they have a more intimate relationship with the same sex.

And too anyone who doesn't know, intmate doesn't always mean sex and romance. Intimance can simply be talking about what bothers you or giving the other person kind supporting words and or showing sympathy.
Definitely. I sometimes wonder if these platonic intimate relationships with males have actually declined due to the greater exposure of homosexuality that makes people paranoid (ironically) of being seen as gay. If homosexuality is really more tolerated why are people so desperate to disassociate themselves with anything that is seen as being 'gay' and why do people even give ignorant judgemental people permission to label anything gay and validate this by following these unspoken social 'rules'?

Old 06-25-2012, 10:21 PM

380 posts, read 962,059 times
It is a trust issue. Guys that KNOW their friends are straight don't have a problem being touchy feeling. They know that no one is getting aroused and that's in good fun whatever the situation. But, outside of your own little circle it's impossible to know someones orientation, so guys dont want to be known as causing or receiving an arousal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships