Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 05:50 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,806,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Haha...are you sure that your cousin isn't my niece!! That is exactly the kind of stuff she'd post. Meanwhile, everyone seeing that her feed....seeing those mushy, sentimental posts, were likely all in the same boat.......in 3, 2, 1.....OMG! He's such a POS!!!!

bwahahaha!!! Exactly!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2013, 06:30 PM

4,267 posts, read 6,187,793 times
My favorite FB post ever was, "Help, I'm in jail in "......", can anyone bail me out. Someone looked up police reports and this fool was in for domestic violence among other things against his new girlfriend of just a few weeks. He also couldn't figure out why he could not get a job yet his profile was public and he posted every detail of his dim-witted existence. Duh, buddy.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:42 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,806,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
My favorite FB post ever was, "Help, I'm in jail in "......", can anyone bail me out. Someone looked up police reports and this fool was in for domestic violence among other things against his new girlfriend of just a few weeks. He also couldn't figure out why he could not get a job yet his profile was public and he posted every detail of his dim-witted existence. Duh, buddy.
how can someone post from jail?

Old 01-06-2013, 06:44 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,416,945 times
People that air the dirty Laundry on facebook?

Well, in one thread, people complain that people only put their best face on there with all their happy pappy moments...and that it's fake and one-uppy and depresses other people, etc.
Now we're complaining that people put on their bad moments, too?

So are we mad when they are not real and then complain when it's too real?

In all fairness, op, I agree with you. Super personal stuff shouldn't be on facebook, period.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
how can someone post from jail?
Don't know, must have done it before his phone was confiscated. He did have an arrest notice in the local newspaper with all of his charges so it was true.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:32 AM

139 posts, read 409,386 times
some prisons/jails have internet . not sure if i can post a competitors site but if you google it its there.

Old 01-08-2013, 01:39 PM

633 posts, read 1,013,958 times
I have a few people who post all kinds of stupid stuff, like what they are making for dinner, where they are, etc. IMHO, when you have aaaaaallllll this time to constantly post on fb, you have too much time on your hands are are too self-involved & self-centered! Those people go on mute, as I call it, and I might skim their page every few months.

My favorite of all, is when someone posts, "Oh, please pray for me" Ok... for what? what happened?? Ummmm I ignore those too.

And the other all time fav, are the folks that have their friends lists blocked, so you can only see who you are mutual friends with.

I'm like, OK, you don't want me to know who you fb friends are? What do you have to hide?

Then I guess we are not good enough "friends" to even be "friended" on fb!

Old 01-08-2013, 01:46 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,838,335 times
Ah, yes, very annoying. Before I did a cleaning out of my friend list last year, I remember reactivating my account and reading all these status updates and being real close to posting an update that said "Dear friends; get a life!". I decided it was much more effective to delete every last one of them. Poof, no more.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:14 PM

I keep my friends list private out of respect for my friends' privacy. It has nothing to do with me.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:21 PM

3 posts, read 4,882 times
ALL THE TIME! I see that a lot, unfortunately. And the people who act like every little thing in their life is so perfect on facebook, but in RL it's completely different, you hear complaint after complaint. So it's just for show??

But seriously, I would never share something so personal on facebook. I have too many family members checking up on me lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships