Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 02:46 PM

88,860 posts, read 85,293,411 times

Advertisements

ROFL, no, it's not the end of the world at all. And I certainly don't want anyone blowing out their ENT system because they feel they have to hold back a sneeze.

If you SWEAR you REALLY can't control the volume of your own sneeze--well, I'm not going to call anyone a liar about that. Maybe instead of doing what I do to control the sound of my own sneezes, I'll just let 'em rip loud and forceful from now on. As they say, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2012, 06:32 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,153,358 times
MQ, it's a sneeze. Prevent the spray as best you can (mine aren't usually big sprayers) and let it go - it isn't as if there is a lingering "scent". I have run out of concerts for a sneeze attack - just as I would for a coughing fit - but a sneeze is just a sneeze.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:05 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,287,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Nope, she continued to sneeze sillily (if that's a word). Then we moved the office across the creek, and I don't sit near her in the new office, so I haven't heard her in a while!

Don't know what you mean by the last sentence.
Oh sorry...

You know when you have drinks at work, and someone brings in chips and dip

and the sneezer gets her chip, dips, nibbles the dip off, and DIPS THE SAME CHIP AGAIN thereby RUINING the dip for anyone else.

It's called DOUBLE DIPPING in Australia.

Absolutely disgusting, she would do it EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. sign or no sign.

Like, load your chip up properly in the first place, b itch....or get another one~! They aren't rationed~! It's not war-time!

Scummy cow...she just had to share her body secretions. NASTY.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:10 PM

Quote:
ROFL, no, it's not the end of the world at all. And I certainly don't want anyone blowing out their ENT system because they feel they have to hold back a sneeze.

If you SWEAR you REALLY can't control the volume of your own sneeze--well, I'm not going to call anyone a liar about that. Maybe instead of doing what I do to control the sound of my own sneezes, I'll just let 'em rip loud and forceful from now on. As they say, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!
Look I'm sorry but anyone who claims they don't feel the sneeze coming and can't take the proper precautions is LYING.

Sneezes work in exactly the same way an orgasm does, as in, something triggers the nerve, and it builds and builds until....

You get it.

It's not just one second you're there, the next you're screeching your sneeze noises across the world.

Nup. Doesn't work that way. You get a warning. Moderator cut: language Example - the entire Royal Family. All the horse and flower and dog shows they have to go to, and not a sneeze-screech on record. That's because they have MANNERS.

Last edited by 7G9C4J2; 07-23-2012 at 07:23 PM.. Reason: inappropriate language

Old 07-23-2012, 07:39 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,250,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
Look I'm sorry but anyone who claims they don't feel the sneeze coming and can't take the proper precautions is LYING.

Sneezes work in exactly the same way an orgasm does, as in, something triggers the nerve, and it builds and builds until....

You get it.

It's not just one second you're there, the next you're screeching your sneeze noises across the world.

Nup. Doesn't work that way. You get a warning. Moderator cut: language Example - the entire Royal Family. All the horse and flower and dog shows they have to go to, and not a sneeze-screech on record. That's because they have MANNERS.
I disagree.

When I sneeze because of a cold I can feel it coming on and have enough time to get out a tissue or at least get my hand/arm in place to block it.

However, i occasionally (every few weeks) sneeze because of dust or allergies and those sneezes come on so quickly that I am not prepared. And, I'm not lying. I suspect that those type of sneezes sound louder because your hand/arm/tissue isn't blocking the sound but I don't believe that mine are overly loud or bother anyone else. When I have a dust or allergy sneeze I will frequently have two or three very quickly, just a tiny fraction of second between them..

Old 07-23-2012, 08:11 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,747,185 times
Just like you can control the tone/volume of your voice, you can control the volume of your sneezes. People who have to sneeze loudlly are doing it to draw attention to themselves. Would they do it in church? No. Would they do it in a courtroom? No. Would they do it in a staff meeting with the "big bosses"? HELLLLL no.

There is some pig at my job --- I haven't figured out who it is yet --- but she not only sneezes LOUD but you can hear that it's a very WET sneeze. PPPPFUUUWATTTTHHHHHPPPP...... constantly. It is disgusting. Several times, I have said loud enough for whoever it is to hear "dang, I need my umbrella" or "is it raining in here" or "where's the Lysol?" I wish I knew who it was. I work in a huge office and she works in my general vicinity but I can't see over the cube walls to see who it is. I've asked but no one seems to know (or they don't want to say)

Old 07-23-2012, 08:52 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,038,370 times
Funny that people get so up in arms over this.

The only time it bothers me is when someone is really close to me and does it. I get really agitated when I get startled and I'll say something like, "do you mind?"

Otherwise, just don't spray your germs on me.

Old 07-23-2012, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
Funny that people get so up in arms over this.

The only time it bothers me is when someone is really close to me and does it. I get really agitated when I get startled and I'll say something like, "do you mind?"

Otherwise, just don't spray your germs on me.
Trust me, if you worked in an office where some idiot did this to you every.single.day you would be irate too.

It's not like my idiot even did it at the same time every day, so you could at least brace yourself. Oh no this b itch liked to mix it up, keep us all on our toes.

Imagine being totally engrossed in a really complicated problem when suddenly the silence is absolutely ripped apart by a elephantine explosion...with accompanying wet spraying sounds. Not only enough to make you jump, also to make you feel quite ill at the thought of the germs just being injected into the shared air and splattered all over the paperwork which will shortly be delivered straight into your inbox, like a ticking timebomb of virus.

GROSS.

Old 07-23-2012, 09:07 PM

Quote:
ROFL, no, it's not the end of the world at all.

And I certainly don't want anyone blowing out their ENT system because they feel they have to hold back a sneeze.
LOL! I do! It can be replaced! My nerves can't be!

Old 07-23-2012, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
I disagree.

When I sneeze because of a cold I can feel it coming on and have enough time to get out a tissue or at least get my hand/arm in place to block it.

However, i occasionally (every few weeks) sneeze because of dust or allergies and those sneezes come on so quickly that I am not prepared. And, I'm not lying. I suspect that those type of sneezes sound louder because your hand/arm/tissue isn't blocking the sound but I don't believe that mine are overly loud or bother anyone else. When I have a dust or allergy sneeze I will frequently have two or three very quickly, just a tiny fraction of second between them..
I don't think you are the best judge of that.

I wonder what your workmates say?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships