Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 10:29 PM

548 posts, read 891,101 times

Advertisements

Come the 16th of this month it will have been 1 year that my ex boyfriend and I had broken up. Him and I were engaged and together for 3 years and 9 months. Since our breakup he has bothered me on and off. But he has also found 2 new loves in his life and currently has had 2 girlfriends, his second girlfriend he got as of April of this year, him and her have gotten along well and are living together and just enjoying life happily together etc.

My exboyfriend was a short fat/chubby heavy metalhead type of guy. Didn't smoke, do drugs, or drink around me or while with me he was straight edge and clean like I was. Then he started drinking behind me back.

BUT ANYWAY my point of this topic is this, yes I am jealous on how my ex is getting new girlfriends and going out on dates etc.

While my single dating lifestyle has been worse than ever before. I have joined various dating sites and stuff and have gone on dates but none worked out. Like recently I was suppose to go on a date and meet this one guy yesturday and he stood me up - never giving me a response to why he let me down or anything.

While other previous dates ended with the guy calling me at the last 5 minutes before meeting and not being able to make it. While the others just wanted to get in my pants or just played with me not being serious when I asked them if they liked me or not.

Other guys would talk to me one day then we would talk for a week or 1-3 months and then he'd stop talking to me altogether not telling me why he'd stop talking to me.

A lot of online people have also told me how I look like a man and I'm a tranny or transgender person. When I AM NOT. I was born and raised a REAL FEMALE 100%.

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong here. I am a great catch I am straight edge, never drank, smoked, or done drugs, never had sex, and have great moral values and other things going on for me. But yet nothing is clicking with any of the guys who talk to me or who I talk too.

So what should I do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 11:44 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by napy666 View Post
I don't understand what I'm doing wrong here. I am a great catch I am straight edge, never drank, smoked, or done drugs, never had sex, and have great moral values and other things going on for me. But yet nothing is clicking with any of the guys who talk to me or who I talk too.

So what should I do?
Loosen up.

What you see as straight-edge, many men will see as "uptight prude."

I'm not saying to start smoking, doing drugs, or sleeping around, or even to have a margarita if you don't drink--although I think it would help. Just that you're hung up on being a a "great catch" because you are "straight edge" with "great moral values" and you might be projecting a bit of holier-than-thou. Most men don't want to feel like they could be judged for having a drink or wanting to have sex with the woman they love. Like it or not, unless you stick to ways of meeting men that put your values out there up front (profiles on religious dating sites), you're going to have a hard time finding a man who doesn't do any of those things.

Old 09-06-2012, 11:46 PM

I have found a few men who meet what I want but every time we start talking we'll talk for a few days then they disappear.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:23 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,480,822 times
You were with your boyfriend over 3 years and never had sex?

Old 09-07-2012, 10:21 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,108,604 times
You shouldn't feel bad because your ex has moved on and you're having trouble finding decent boyfriends. My ex husband is remarried and I haven't had a relationship lasting more than a few months, so I understand that feeling of why do they have someone and I don't, but you can't dwell on that.

Online dating doesn't usually have a lot of accountability. I've had guys disappear on me several times. It sucks, but it's just part of it sadly. I think the no drinking, no smoking, no sex is probably turning a LOT of guys off. Most guys are going to want a girl who's okay having a beer watching the game, and most guys aren't going to be okay to wait for marriage to get intimate. If you want me to meet a guy who doesn't drink and is waiting for marriage, then you probably need to focus on religious themed dating websites, or join activities at church.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:36 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,328,824 times
stop worrying about what he's doing and concentrate on your own life more. You're staying in the past while looking at him. Work on not paying attention to that guy, he's busy living his life so should you. It's doesn't matter what he does, he's no longer with you. What's gone is water under the bridge
plus maybe check and see if your moral values are not too tough to follow. Drinking one drink or kissing a guy or whatnot do not make you a floozy..Of course it's your body but still, after a while a guy wants more than just talk.

Old 09-07-2012, 01:21 PM

Yeah I know but if the guy really likes you they should respect you and your wishes and stuff. And I know I will find a guy that meets what I'm looking for.

Old 09-07-2012, 02:03 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,328,824 times
sure they should respect your wishes and how you feel but many people, not just guys are not like that. Some just want a quickie, not a relationship. Unless you find a person who really wants to wait till marriage before he has sex, you'll run into guys that leave when you say you don't want want anything physical.

Old 09-08-2012, 12:12 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by napy666 View Post
Yeah I know but if the guy really likes you they should respect you and your wishes and stuff. And I know I will find a guy that meets what I'm looking for.
Yes -- and they would. The ones looking for quickie sex and one-night stands are making their quick exit -- you should be glad for that. There's no point in having them stick around if all they're looking for is a little action and you don't want that same thing. Don't waste your time with them.

As for looking like a tranny, maybe there's something you could do about that. Maybe you wear make up like they do -- which is too much. Or dress in the same style as they. If you have a somewhat androgenous body type, don't try too hard to look very womanly -- that's how the trannies end up looking like trannies. Go for the more androgenous look and you'd look more female.

Old 09-08-2012, 02:59 PM

I don't wear that much make and I do dress like a female on and off from wearing jeans and blouses to skirts and blouses to even dresses but yet people all say I look like a tranny and a man because I have a strong look and a strong jawline.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships