Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 10:18 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,928,883 times

Advertisements

So I had a weird experience today. Went shopping with a couple of friends.

We were done, but our male friend was looking for a few items. So we decided to give him feedback on the stuff he tried on.

He was trying on a few pairs or pants that were a little out of his box (read he looked hipster).

Anyway I took a couple of pics. He posed! Nothing embarrassing (in my book). Basically him laughing at himself in slightly skinny pants.

So I posted these pics on facebook, tagging him at the store.

The pics were basically similar to this:

He was annoyed! And sent me a message to ask me before posting in the future. (I have tagged him in loads of photos over the years. I think he was embarrassed by these hipster photos, but they were extremely tame, just out of his box style wise.)

So how do you feel if you get tagged in "embarrassing" photos?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2012, 11:14 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,813,945 times
He posed. He knows you. Can't believe he wouldn't know you were gonna do something with the pics.
Lesson learned,I suppose is don't post pics of others unless they say it's ok. Don't pose for pics without asking what will become of the pics.

Remove the pics,if you haven't already, apologize and let it go. In the grand scheme of things it isn't that big a deal.

Old 11-18-2012, 11:34 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,220,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
So how do you feel if you get tagged in "embarrassing" photos?
I have my settings so that I have to approve all tagging. Tell him if he's that sensitive, he should do the same, or disallow it entirely.

Old 11-19-2012, 12:09 AM

I went back and re-read your post.
The tagging feature has little to do with the issue here. You posted what you yourself call embarrassing photos of your friend. Doesn't matter that you tagged him or not. Posting the pics is the REAL issue.

Old 11-19-2012, 12:24 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,928,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
I went back and re-read your post.
The tagging feature has little to do with the issue here. You posted what you yourself call embarrassing photos of your friend. Doesn't matter that you tagged him or not. Posting the pics is the REAL issue.
Well I think they are silly not actually embarrassing. I'd definitely post a pic of myself wearing a dumb outfit as a joke. I asked him if he wanted me to kill them. He said no. And then started chiming in on the comments.....(all in good fun) and sent over an I'm fine message. Seems like he is over it.

On the embarrassing scale of 1-10, this would be about a 2. I have posted much sillier photos of him, wearing crazy glasses and the like. The pic was literally like the one I posted, except in a store. If you saw it, you'd think oh it is a guy in a t-shirt and jeans laughing.

*** I untag myself in crappy photos.

Old 11-19-2012, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post

*** I untag myself in crappy photos.
untagging one's self doesn't remove the photo.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:49 AM

19,746 posts, read 20,304,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
I have my settings so that I have to approve all tagging.
Mee toooooo.

-If he's embarrassed by the photos, I'd delete them entirely.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:40 AM

1,566 posts, read 2,162,752 times
I just think it's best to ask before tagging people, unless you know for a fact they won't mind. I have a friend who has to post every single picture she ever takes and has to take pictures of every single moment of her life. I've had to ask her more than once not to tag me in pictures. I avoid taking pictures with her now because of her lack of tagging self control.

I think you're fine, he'll get over it as long as you removed them asap. I would just double check with him in the future. You seem to have found his boundary.

Old 11-19-2012, 11:14 AM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,106,750 times
Another Facebook tragedy.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:16 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,262,727 times
No matter how tame it is, it sounds like you still knew it was kind of "silly" or embarrassing. I would have asked first or looked at the pic right then and there and said something like, "I love this picture! I want to post it on FB. Wanna see?" so you know then and there what his reaction would be like.

Then again, I'm in my 30s, married and settled so I wouldn't really be in that situation. Not sure how you hip younglings act these days, what will set you off. I have posted a pic of my husband that he wasn't thrilled about. Totally not embarrassing but it made him look juvenile. I've learned my lesson and now ask if he'd be OK. Depending on his reaction, I either ignore his "no" and post it anyway, or I won't post it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships