Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 06:32 PM

45,598 posts, read 60,900,071 times

Advertisements

We used to have a doctor here that accepted game meat, crabs, rock and blue fish and oysters as payment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 06:59 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,697,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
That doesn't tell you what country she is in, though, nor what the culture is there.

The OP has been asked now a few times on this thread what country they're in, and has ignored the question.

I never heard of two patients in one exam room in the United States, and from the responses here neither as anyone else.

Old 08-13-2013, 07:23 AM

37,213 posts, read 41,447,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
The OP has been asked now a few times on this thread what country they're in, and has ignored the question.

I never heard of two patients in one exam room in the United States, and from the responses here neither as anyone else.
This is an eye clinic. The patients were having drops put in their eyes. I doubt it was an "examination" room.

Old 08-13-2013, 07:54 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,934,896 times
At my opthalmologist's office, drops are applied in private rooms. There is a darkened public waiting room while you wait for the drops to take effect.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:07 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,427,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
This is an eye clinic. The patients were having drops put in their eyes. I doubt it was an "examination" room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
At my opthalmologist's office, drops are applied in private rooms. There is a darkened public waiting room while you wait for the drops to take effect.
I have never been in with another patient at my eye drs office either.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:51 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,148,721 times
I suspect the OP is making up a lot of the details for the purposes of proving her points, whatever those points are. The biggest problem is the OP's supposed reactions to the situations. Those reactions are unacceptable in most of American society given the situations described. While it is possible for those situations to have taken place as described, they would be extremely rare, if not being exaggerated beyond the acceptable.

OP, your behavior in the apple situation and reaction to the gift-jam are what is unacceptable to everyone who has replied to your threads. I strongly suggest you find a therapist - one who will agree to meet you in private - and who is male since it's obvious from your comments that you have great disdain for other women.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:07 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,502,941 times
I cant rep you again, NY Annie -- so will wait until I can.

Old 08-13-2013, 03:36 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,963,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Wondering the same thing.

I would like to add this to the discussion.

In a previous neighborhood, 3 of my neighbors were physicians. Two were orthopaedic surgeons, one was a pediatrician.

Their wives used to roll their eyes at the stuff patients would, on occasion, send them. It all went into the garbage, b/c who knows about sanitation in someone else's kitchen? Or what that loaf of bread has been exposed to in the waiting room (coughing patients) . . . or on people's hands?

So all this agonizing over that jar of jam, wh/ most likely was graciously received and then dumped into a trashcan.

Good grief.

This is the direction I was hoping this thread would take. In my OP I even asked if y'll think the doctor took the jam home? I doubt it, like anifani821 says, you don't know how hygenic these ""gift givers"" are.

Old 08-13-2013, 04:03 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,355,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
... My problem is that I feel forced to follow suit with slaving for a jar of jam at the crack of dawn the next time I go to the doctor to save face, or just being humiliated because I have no gift to give when people like her present theirs.
Why don't you just take some of that fruit from your yard. Surely the neighbors didn't steal it all.

Old 08-13-2013, 05:53 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,427,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Are you in the USA? It is against patient confidentiality for 2 patients to be examined at the same time in the same room.

This was an eye dr?

The patient or the assistant had the jam?

If it was the patient then yes, patients bring things for the drs and drs staff all the time. Whether it is eaten is another question.

None of this post makes sense to me at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
This is the direction I was hoping this thread would take. In my OP I even asked if y'll think the doctor took the jam home? I doubt it, like anifani821 says, you don't know how hygenic these ""gift givers"" are.
I am so sure. My post is from the very first page, fourth post of the thread. That is where it took the turn. I have worked in drs offices upwards of 12+ years, so I know how it works.

While some gets set in the common kitchen, some actually makes it to the drs office, and even home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships