Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 09:52 PM

487 posts, read 897,841 times

Advertisements

Wouldn't it be such a better place if everyone wanted the best for one another? Especially online, on places like the Youtube comment section, there are so many dehumanizing, hateful remarks. People seem to forget that there are others listening and responding to those words. I think people get caught up in the redundancy of a routine life get to a point where they feel so separate from others, just another face in an indifferent crowd, that they stop being able to be compassionate. Online, we are free from our identity being discovered, but here especially, we ought to be more kind and tactful. Even to people who write unfeeling remarks on the internet. I think that if people treat them with kindness back, maybe they will have more faith in people, and see it's much nicer to be nice.

<3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2013, 10:08 PM

268 posts, read 481,345 times
ghey

Old 09-11-2013, 10:39 PM

318 posts, read 626,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobbarley View Post
ghey
lol

Old 09-11-2013, 11:09 PM

fine then nevermind. you had your chance poopy heads.

Old 09-12-2013, 09:30 AM

645 posts, read 989,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohanna View Post
fine then nevermind. you had your chance poopy heads.
Yeah, that Noah's Ark story sure does seem pretty nice right about now, doesn't it?

Just want to say, I'm down with the cause. No poopy heads!

Old 09-12-2013, 09:58 AM

147 posts, read 328,395 times
I agree with you. I try to avoid reading the comments on any website, as they are just full of hate. Nearly every one is the same - you start out seeing a couple of thoughtful, respectful comments and then....the hate starts. Usually someone makes a political remark, even if the website isn't remotely about politics.

Old 09-12-2013, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beans&Cornbread View Post
Yeah, that Noah's Ark story sure does seem pretty nice right about now, doesn't it?

Just want to say, I'm down with the cause. No poopy heads!
Well, I don't have to agree with the Noah's Ark story to be nice...I guess I just have to pretend you're not crazy.

Old 09-12-2013, 11:56 AM

645 posts, read 989,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohanna View Post
Well, I don't have to agree with the Noah's Ark story to be nice...I guess I just have to pretend you're not crazy.
Ouch...wow, I came here to say I got your back and you poo poo my Noah's Ark ref and call me crazy?? So much for the "let's be nice on the net" campaign.

Well, in fairness...I am a 40s going on 50's dreadlock sportin, Bob Marley lovin, Chrysler minivan drivin, part time stay at home punk rock/skater/snowboard nerd/geek dad to two rambunctious, crazy hair, scraped up knees, torn jeans, howling with laughter, suck the marrow outta life boys...so yeah, maybe I got a bit of the cray cray bug in me.

Ah well, bygones...I will take my lumps, but still got your back. Peace!

Old 09-12-2013, 02:29 PM

803 posts, read 1,670,447 times
It's easy to be nasty on the internet when you have the convenience of anonymity (on the surface, at least). I think eventually this will go away, as more and more websites require you to verify your identity first (i.e. log-in via facebook) before posting comments. User content will be less negative overall, as you will have your real-life reputation to consider before posting something on a website.

Old 09-12-2013, 02:46 PM

5,547 posts, read 3,960,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASOT View Post
It's easy to be nasty on the internet when you have the convenience of anonymity (on the surface, at least). I think eventually this will go away, as more and more websites require you to verify your identity first (i.e. log-in via facebook) before posting comments. User content will be less negative overall, as you will have your real-life reputation to consider before posting something on a website.
I guess I'm trying to be ahead of the curve in that regard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships