Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 10:25 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,955,576 times

Advertisements

MQ: I am pulling for you.

Thankfully my neighbors like to keep to themselves. We have a "Hi and Bye" type of relationship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2013, 06:09 AM

88,649 posts, read 84,943,363 times
Thank you for the good wishes, everyone. I'm startng to wonder if the anxiety is worse than the verdict! I feel sick from worry.

Old 09-30-2013, 07:01 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,454,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Thank you for the good wishes, everyone. I'm startng to wonder if the anxiety is worse than the verdict! I feel sick from worry.
I do think the anxiety is worse. I have several times dealt with a diagnosis that changes later on, not necessarily for the better. Unfortunately, I make myself worse by worry. My mother was a very determined person about her own situation and seemed to be able to will herself to be all right. I do better if I stop reading about it. If you can force yourself not to think about it... please try.

Old 09-30-2013, 09:03 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,124,544 times
MQ, you are in my thoughts and prayers. Keep as positive an outlook as you can because it really does help. Please keep in touch.

Old 09-30-2013, 09:29 AM

12,788 posts, read 15,017,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
A married woman in the same complex as I would send her mail to my apartment. At first I thought it was a mistake. It went on for a couple of weeks. That's when I realized it wasn't random. I asked one of the lovely gals in the management office where the tenant lives. She turned out living across the complex, in an area where I have never been for any reason. I was freaked out. It continued for a few more times. It ended up getting to the point where she'd have her UPS and Fedex packages sent to my apartment. I ended up having the ladies in the office talk to her. It's been 4 months now without any mail to my address with her name on it.

She creeped me out. I'm not the kind of guy who goes for married women. Even if she were single, that is still a creepy way to go about whatever it is she was thinking at the time.
That's the oddest thing I've ever heard! But I believe you. Some people do think in strange ways.

Old 09-30-2013, 09:50 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,434,040 times
Quote:
That sounds like a true stalker, not just a clueless neighbor who doesn't understand boundaries. Creepy.

Re my neighbor, I took her to dinner for her birthday last night as I'd promised. She was pouring out her heart to me about another woman in our town, who I have met, and who was apparently this woman's best friend until recently. Now the best friend has another friend whom she prefers and has sort of kicked this woman to second place, and she's hurt. And of course I'm thinking she likely she brought it on herself with her overbearing ways.

Anyway, I am having surgery on Monday and will be in the hospital overnight. Stalker asked me who was taking me to the hospital (my daughter) who was picking me up and staying with me (daughter and one sister) and then she proceeded to tell me she'd stop by Tuesday afternoon. I said, "That's probably not a good idea. I'll have just gotten home from the hospital, will likely be unable to speak and I know I'm expected to be out of it for a few days." She said, "Oh, that's OK. I won't mind."

She is just clueless.
Is your stalker's name Ava? She sounds like the nemesis that cremebrulee was talking about. LOL

Old 09-30-2013, 09:53 AM

Quote:
LOL! That's outright nosy.

I had a new furnace put in shortly after I bought my condo. The old furnace was the original from when the buildings were built and past its useful life. I'd told my neighbor I was having the new furnace installed just as passing conversation.

A month or so later, my neighbor asked me how much the new furnace cost and said he wanted to install a new one himself but literally do it himself. He is from Malaysia and works making sushi, so I told him "you know you have to get a permit to do this and work with the gas company and everything, RIGHT?" All I need is this guy screwing around with gas lines next door to me. He said, "Oh thanks for telling me." Then he said to me, "You are saving on gas now with that new furnace." I laughed and said, "How do you know?" He said "because your gas meter is next to mine on the side of the building. I checked and noticed that you use less gas now that you have the new furnace."

I didn't know what to say. My neighbor is MONITORING MY GAS USAGE???? He's the nicest guy, but that is too weird.
LOL He probably checked and that's what made him decide to get his own new furnace.

Old 09-30-2013, 10:04 AM

Just got to the recent posts. I am so sorry MightyQueen!!!

{{{hugs}}} I know nothing I say will help you, this is something you have to deal with on your own, but know that I am praying for you.

Old 09-30-2013, 10:37 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,129,026 times
Quote:
Anyone else have a stalker neighbor/friend/acquaintance? I'm not talking about the usual type of stalker who thinks they love their target. I mean someone you know on a day-to-day basis who seems to follow everything you do.

I live in a condo community (my friend, who has her own "stalker" at her own condo community, says it's part of community living, lol). In an effort to get to know some people where I live, I decided to join the condo board last year (it's supposed to be an election, but no one wants to do it so it wasn't exactly competitive.) The longest-term board member asked if I would come over to her house so she could explain things to me, and we ended up chatting about other things. She's an older lady in her Seventies, retired except for two hours a day when she helps the husband of a lady who had a stroke bathe and dress his wife. She has grandchildren and a great-grand. Right after that, the hurricane hit in our area and for the week we were without power, she invited me to come to her house and charge my phone because she had a generator. We became friends and went to dinner a few times. She does have a somewhat overbearing personality, and I've noticed that she often complains that her grown children (who live nearby) don't call or invite her over as often as she wants them to.

But now...she has to drive past my house to leave or go to hers, and if my car is there during the day, she will either call to find out why I'm not at work or worse, ring my bell to see why I'm home. This past weekend I had an out-of-town guest who offered to install Sirius in my car and drove me to the train station so I could leave my car home for her to do so. She must have run to the store at some point, because mid-morning while I was at work, I got a call from Stalker wanting to know why my car was there but I didn't answer the doorbell when she rang it.

The weekend before, I'd gone away for a long weekend. Stalker wanted to know who was taking care of my cats while I was gone. I told her that I'd set them up before I left Saturday and that my daughter was coming from her home 180 miles away on Sunday and staying until Tuesday to take care of the cats. Meanwhile, I didn't give her all the details--my daughter was first going to stop at her dad's and see him on the way and then make her way down to my place. Where I went, I had no wireless service, and when I checked my voicemail on Tuesday on my way home, I found a message from Stalker from Sunday evening saying my daughter was not yet at my house and was I sure she was going to come and take care of my cats. Now you are checking up on MY DAUGHTER????

Yesterday, I got home from work and when I got out of my car, there she was sitting in her car behind my parking space grinning at me. She said, "I bet you're beginning to feel as if I'm a stalker." I said, "Yes, as a matter of fact I am." She just laughed and said she saw me in my car and thought she'd just stop by and say hello.

It's gotten to the point where I'm planning to hide my car the next time I take a day off! It's not the worst thing in the world, and if she keeps this up, I will have to tell her to back off, but GEEZ, don't these types know how intrusive they are?

So, anyone else have a stalker-neighbor-friend story?
Don't hide from her. It gives her power. Try to politely tell her to back off. If she doesn't then don't answer your phone if it's her, and don't answer the doorbell if it's her.

Old 09-30-2013, 04:44 PM

88,649 posts, read 84,943,363 times
And now, an update on stalker neighbor. She is actually providing some comic relief, as well as alcohol, apparently.

People have been very nice to me since this whole thyroid thing started. It is so heart-warming. I have more soup in my freezer than I know what to do with and enough fruit to fill an orchard. Stalker neighbor has also been checking in. As I said, she is good-hearted. She told me last week that she would like to bring over dinner one night. Yesterday she said she had taken out some tortellini and "gravy" out of the freezer (what some Italians call tomato sauce--this woman is Jewish but married an Italian man) and would like to make some for me. I accepted. It was very nice of her. She said she was going to split it up and give me half and her son half.

She just called a few minutes ago. She is bringing over the tortellini and sauce. Then she asked if I had any wine. I said, no, because I've been on painkillers though I didn't take any today, but it was OK, I didn't need wine. She said, "Well, I need wine!" Then she asked if I had ingredients to make a salad because she hadn't had time. (I do.) So she said, "Then you go ahead and make the salad, and I'll be right over with the dinner and the wine."

So, she isn't making me some food and dropping it off as I thought she meant. She is coming here to have dinner with me. If she brings TWO bottles of wine, she will be here all night. She loves her wine.

I just ran around and vacuumed and dug out two place mats, probably the only two I own, and found two sets of silverware that matches--I live alone. No one ever comes here except an occasional family member. I have been divorced for years and don't have nice things anymore for entertaining people!

But you know what? She's just being nice, and maybe the wine will bring some relief from this anxiety.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships