Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 05:58 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,068,360 times

Advertisements

I contemplate revenge, no details, but has anyone else thought of hurting (NOT physically) as much as they have hurt you?

I hope I don't sound too sick in the head.

No, I am not a troll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2013, 06:14 PM

13,981 posts, read 26,029,292 times
Revenge is never as satisfying as you expect it to be. I think instead you end up feeling twice as bad, first because of the way you were treated, and then for reacting in a similarly ugly manner. It's much better to move on.

Old 10-18-2013, 06:47 PM

7,627 posts, read 4,197,257 times
I guess I need details so I can confirm it is indeed revenge. I would ask myself if my actions are more along the lines of creating boundaries to protect myself from this person. The other person may perceive my actions as taking revenge AND may have their feelings hurt as a result.

However, if my actions are only to hurt the other person by crossing boundaries, then, no, not a good action. You are behaving just like they are.

Old 10-18-2013, 06:54 PM

To be frank, again, I am not a troll, I don't care if I am as bad---my life is for the most part ruined.

I left my ex-husband the house when we divorced, he was supposed to take my name off the mortgage, he didn't and abandoned the house.

Despite the divorce papers saying he is to do that, it doesn't matter.

Now, I will need to file bankruptcy.

I worked hard to get away from him, better myself, have a life for our kids, which he cannot be bothered with, and now this.

I am depressed about it. No pity party, I just want so, so, so badly to ruin his life the way he ruined mine.

Old 10-18-2013, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
To be frank, again, I am not a troll, I don't care if I am as bad---my life is for the most part ruined.

I left my ex-husband the house when we divorced, he was supposed to take my name off the mortgage, he didn't and abandoned the house.

Despite the divorce papers saying he is to do that, it doesn't matter.

Now, I will need to file bankruptcy.

I worked hard to get away from him, better myself, have a life for our kids, which he cannot be bothered with, and now this.

I am depressed about it. No pity party, I just want so, so, so badly to ruin his life the way he ruined mine.
I am so sorry to hear about this. Your ex-husband sucks and your feelings are justified. Do you have family or friends you can lean on? You may need that more than revenge.

Old 10-18-2013, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
I am so sorry to hear about this. Your ex-husband sucks and your feelings are justified. Do you have family or friends you can lean on? You may need that more than revenge.
My mom is wonderful! I am just mad that I placed so much trust in someone who did not deserve it and I feel like I have to go back to start...he has no consequences and I have them all.

The only good thing to come from this marriage are my teens. They are awesome.

Old 10-18-2013, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
My mom is wonderful! I am just mad that I placed so much trust in someone who did not deserve it and I feel like I have to go back to start...he has no consequences and I have them all.

The only good thing to come from this marriage are my teens. They are awesome.
This is what you have to come to terms with, not revenge, I believe.

He sounds like a deadbeat dad and whether that is a good enough consequence for you, that is the consequence for him.

I am glad you have your mom and that you think your kids are awesome.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:23 PM

19,718 posts, read 16,919,612 times
Sure, lots of us have plotted revenge against someone who has done something bad to us. It is just one of those human emotions that some people have more than others. But life has a way of getting revenge on our behalf if we are just patient.

I was going to extact revenge on a guy who was running around with my wife years ago, but after a while I let it go. He ended up with severe back problems and just recently died. At one time I would have danced on his grave, but the strange thing was, I felt no joy in his misery and passing, so I guess I had healed.

My suggestion is to try to let it go so it doesn't consume your life and eat you up. Sometimes holding that hostility in us is worse on us than the person we want to hurt.

Don

Old 10-18-2013, 10:28 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,711,020 times
Good if done right.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Sure, lots of us have plotted revenge against someone who has done something bad to us. It is just one of those human emotions that some people have more than others. But life has a way of getting revenge on our behalf if we are just patient.

I was going to extact revenge on a guy who was running around with my wife years ago, but after a while I let it go. He ended up with severe back problems and just recently died. At one time I would have danced on his grave, but the strange thing was, I felt no joy in his misery and passing, so I guess I had healed.

My suggestion is to try to let it go so it doesn't consume your life and eat you up. Sometimes holding that hostility in us is worse on us than the person we want to hurt.

Don
I just wanted to get past it...I guess this, too, will pass like a kidney stone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships